wicked step mothers
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
she is one

Madison, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2011
How many out there have to share their child with a wicked step mother? My little one has begun to tell me stories that are breaking my heart. Not things you could really call child abuse just small things. My ex seems to be seeing a little of it from what he said to me last. This wicked step mother doesn't know we have started talking a little behind her back. Folks if you can keep it together it would be my suggestion to stay. Not knowing how your child is being treated is just about to hard to take.
hmmm

Sevierville, TN

#2 Mar 13, 2011
what is she doing?
she is one

Madison, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2011
hmmm wrote:
what is she doing?
Are you divorced with a child to?
hmmm

Sevierville, TN

#4 Mar 13, 2011
I am a stepmother who loves my step child like he was my own.
she is one

Madison, TN

#5 Mar 13, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Some step mothers are better to the child then there own mothers. Not in my case. I don't know how any one could be mean to a child.
hmmm

United States

#6 Mar 13, 2011
what is she doing to the lil one?
she is one

Madison, TN

#7 Mar 13, 2011
This is a small town and although I am sure you are not her I don't want to say much. I wish my child was so lucky to have a good step mom. Me and my ex talked a little and it may be because she has no children of her own that is causing the problem. Like I said it could not be called child abuse just not treating my child like I would.
our kid

Madison, TN

#8 Mar 13, 2011
she is one wrote:
How many out there have to share their child with a wicked step mother? My little one has begun to tell me stories that are breaking my heart. Not things you could really call child abuse just small things. My ex seems to be seeing a little of it from what he said to me last. This wicked step mother doesn't know we have started talking a little behind her back. Folks if you can keep it together it would be my suggestion to stay. Not knowing how your child is being treated is just about to hard to take.
I got back with my ex-husband just for this reason. We stayed married until our daughter turned l8. The years were hard when we got re-married but the short time we were divorced were worse. It's hard either way when you just don't feel the same for each other. It was the love for our child that made us make this sacrifice. Course if all a couple does is fight divorce may still be the better route.
hmmm

United States

#9 Mar 13, 2011
i agree i wouldnt ask you to name names at all, i was just curious of what she was doing to your child. maybe to help? is she treating the child different or asking to be called mom? or I would most definetly hope not touching your child or something crazy like that? if so I would suggest you take action!
she is one

Madison, TN

#10 Mar 13, 2011
our kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I got back with my ex-husband just for this reason. We stayed married until our daughter turned l8. The years were hard when we got re-married but the short time we were divorced were worse. It's hard either way when you just don't feel the same for each other. It was the love for our child that made us make this sacrifice. Course if all a couple does is fight divorce may still be the better route.
How on earth did you get back together? I don't think that would work in my case. I am thankful that me and my ex are talking a little more though.
hmmm

United States

#11 Mar 13, 2011
also, i beleive its always best for every person to get along the best they can when raising a child. if you cant then you need to settle your differences or simply just ignore each other and only talk when needed. I dont know what problems you have with the stepmom but please dont talk with your ex about her behind her back. YOU are the mother and will always know the best intrest of your child so you should be straight foward with this woman and tell her like it is. because he/ she is YOUR child and you have the final say so.
hmmm

United States

#12 Mar 13, 2011
i didnt mean for that to sound hateful if it did.
she is one

Madison, TN

#13 Mar 13, 2011
hmmm wrote:
i agree i wouldnt ask you to name names at all, i was just curious of what she was doing to your child. maybe to help? is she treating the child different or asking to be called mom? or I would most definetly hope not touching your child or something crazy like that? if so I would suggest you take action!
I hope I don't get confused trying to talk to two people. This is weighing heavy on my mind today. It's just little things that he is saying. Children often tell mommies things that only a mom can understand. There hasn't been a step mom in the picture to very long so part of this may be my having to adjust to. I really want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I think the reason I am starting to get concerned is because my ex mentioned an incident. Again nothing big but because he mentioned it makes me wonder. My goodness look at the time. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope it's just some of the adjusting still for all of us. Hope we can talk later.
Katie

Kingston Springs, TN

#14 Mar 13, 2011
she is one wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I don't get confused trying to talk to two people. This is weighing heavy on my mind today. It's just little things that he is saying. Children often tell mommies things that only a mom can understand. There hasn't been a step mom in the picture to very long so part of this may be my having to adjust to. I really want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I think the reason I am starting to get concerned is because my ex mentioned an incident. Again nothing big but because he mentioned it makes me wonder. My goodness look at the time. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope it's just some of the adjusting still for all of us. Hope we can talk later.
I am not trying to be ugly because I have children of my own who are my whole world. However, you are making things worse by talking about her behind her back to your ex. If you have something to say to her by all means say it to her. I know too many men who don't even see thier children because of the mother and I don't think she would appreciate it either. I know if my husband were talking to his ex behind my back I wouldn't want anything to do with any of it. Unfortunately many times this means the child as well. Marriage will always come first...and it is suppose to. Sit down together and discuss this....openly
not his daddy

Madison, TN

#15 Mar 16, 2011
hmmm wrote:
This statement is whatg is so wrong about step anything. Whether you are a step mom or dad these children will never be your own. The step dad to my son is trying hard to be my son's dad. Well got news for you buddy I am my son's dad. I am verywell ok with him being a good friend or something like that. But that child has my blood running thru him and I love him more than life. My son doesn't need another dad.
not his daddy

Madison, TN

#16 Mar 16, 2011
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to be ugly because I have children of my own who are my whole world. However, you are making things worse by talking about her behind her back to your ex. If you have something to say to her by all means say it to her. I know too many men who don't even see thier children because of the mother and I don't think she would appreciate it either. I know if my husband were talking to his ex behind my back I wouldn't want anything to do with any of it. Unfortunately many times this means the child as well. Marriage will always come first...and it is suppose to. Sit down together and discuss this....openly
This all sounds good and nice but hardly ever happens like this. Just in fairy tales. Me and my ex talk away from theothers. Got to its just about the kid we had as one some times. jBesides if you told your other all you would get would be a hard time. I don't love my ex any more but she is the mom of my kid.
please

Johnson City, TN

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, first of all, as long as these two people have a child together the mom doesnt need the stepmoms PERMISSION to takl with the father of her child. NO NO NO the marriage does NOT come first...The childs welfare comes first and if the mother needs to talk to the father about the child than she should.

Secondly, sometimes all the talking in the world wont help the situation. Some people are just thick... What the parents discuss is really none of the step mother's business.
LOL

Kingston Springs, TN

#18 Mar 16, 2011
please wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, first of all, as long as these two people have a child together the mom doesnt need the stepmoms PERMISSION to takl with the father of her child. NO NO NO the marriage does NOT come first...The childs welfare comes first and if the mother needs to talk to the father about the child than she should.
Secondly, sometimes all the talking in the world wont help the situation. Some people are just thick... What the parents discuss is really none of the step mother's business.
If they are married it is her business. You must be one of these moms whose child doesn't have a stable home life.
exactly

Columbia, SC

#19 Mar 16, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are married it is her business. You must be one of these moms whose child doesn't have a stable home life.
A marriage does come first. Hopefully the child will see a loving healthy relationship. What the biological mother needs to remember is that her child now has another mother figure in the childs life. She should be trying to have a bond with this woman instead of writing about the issues on topix.
not exactly

United States

#20 Mar 16, 2011
Exactly you clearly have no children of your own or you would know that you put your children before all else and just because you may be married to that child's father YOU ARE NOT a mother figure....you are Daddy's new wife! Parents of a child will always have a bond and it's that child and you can't change that no matter how hard you try and if you keep trying you will just push both the child and his father away. Btw....if you think marriage comes first you're in for a rude awakening when it comes to dealing with someone else's child!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dtr good or bad place to work? (Mar '12) 18 min Slim Meat Stick 49
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Dont_You_Dare 10,252
Smoky the dog tortured 1 hr ForgetfulasHail 70
SG Volleyball 2 hr Mother of one 15
________Flat Earth ________ 4 hr Leonardo 22
Driving Drunk w/ CHILD in car!!! 4 hr HHG 6
DTR & Infidelity ?? (Mar '12) 5 hr Ben the engineer 68
Mean Walmart Rant... 14 hr Drew 59

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages