What's going on at Towering Oaks Bapt...
brother

United States

#151 Mar 28, 2011
WOW...Who gave that man all this power? Sounds like somebody from TOBC better wake up.
mcb

Elizabethton, TN

#152 Apr 1, 2011
Oh goodness this is such a shame to be happening at this church. I know alot of people who go there. Is Carol and Velvet still working there? They are both such sweet ladies.
Drama Queen

Murfreesboro, TN

#153 Apr 2, 2011
People are so phony in churches. One person leaves and gets a whole group outraged to join them in the crusade of bashing and moving churches. So sad and so against what the preachings of the bible are based on. Churches that preach the bible are the place everyone should be. I don't believe it should be candy coated and all glam and roses to make people want to come. It should make you want to go because you are going to grow and become exactly what Christ wants you to be.
so glad you are gone

Greeneville, TN

#154 Apr 2, 2011
morl wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't been forced about because he changed the bylaws of the church so that he can basically only leave when he is darn good and ready. However, that won't be anytime soon because between him and his wife (who is still on staff even though she is lacking a higher education) they make about $150k. That's right, the pastor is racking it up while the church plunges into debt. He has in no way tried to take a cut out of his own check, but he has made sure every other pastor has taken a cut. So far, two pastors have left the church. Dennis Shumate, Bob Cardinal, and Russ Greer are three of the best things Towering Oaks had going for it. In the last few months, both Pastor Cardinal and Pastor Greer have resigned.
Also, it is a fact, yes a fact, that Tommy Pierce's youngest child, Abby, hit a child in the nursery.(There were witnesses) When she was told by the preschool director that she couldn't work with children anymore, Pastor Pierce went on a tirade against the staff. He had the preschool director fired and Cardinal resigned as a result. The worst part is that when the director asked the two witnesses (who were teenage girls) to write statements about what they saw Abby do, they said they were afraid that if she (abby) found out it was them, she would bully them at school and spread rumors about them. It should never be the case that people are afraid of the pastor's family because of how malicious they are. But guess what...they are.
You appear to be running to and fro seeking to devour the pastor and his family. May God have mercy on "your" family.
morl

Gallatin, TN

#155 Apr 2, 2011
I am not running anywhere. This is all information I receive sitting in the pew at Towering Oaks.

But thanks for your concern ;)
Enlightened

Gallatin, TN

#156 Apr 2, 2011
I think the pastor or his wife wrote this. It is unforgiving and very un-Christ-like. Unfortunately for the poster, it proves the point of this topic. It sounds like an ill wish or an imprecatory prayer for vengeance against the truth to me.
so glad you are gone wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be running to and fro seeking to devour the pastor and his family. May God have mercy on "your" family.
Servant of Christ

Columbus, NC

#157 Apr 2, 2011
not a member wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you got the wrong church. But if Towering Oaks doesn't get with this acceptance of gay marriage, they will lose even more folks. That's why we decided not to join, they are way too old fashion. They need to get with the times.
I hope and pray they don't support gay marriage it is a sin......and as far as old fashioned goes if it worked for the old timers it will work for us...hate to tell u people but church isn't where you go to have a big ole party its Gods house and should be treated with respect and reverence
LOL

Knoxville, TN

#158 Apr 5, 2011
To see people argue over fairy tales...... Rofl. Wake up and smell the science. Sure everyone should be good to each other and blah blah blah. But come on people. There, now you all can hate me, TOGETHER. yay ; )
jane

United States

#159 Apr 5, 2011
Not every church is suited for every person. Thats why there is so many and so many denominations. It seems alot of people start their own church to do as they want to and not as the bible says.
Christian

Johnson City, TN

#160 Apr 5, 2011
This is why my Christian ass stays at home, so I do not have to deal with these freaks!
JUSTICE

United States

#162 Apr 5, 2011
Truth Seeker, if what you are saying is right, then that is a DCS investigation. If those that witnessed this didnt report this to the authorities, then they are held legally liable as well. This is a reportable incident that MUST be called in.
Truth Seeker

Greeneville, TN

#163 Apr 5, 2011
If there is truly a lawsuit pending, surely the parents are using all avenues at their disposal to see that justice is done.
JUSTICE

United States

#164 Apr 5, 2011
Truth Seeker wrote:
If there is truly a lawsuit pending, surely the parents are using all avenues at their disposal to see that justice is done.
It is the responsibilty of the workers/witnesses to report it. They are required by law to report abuse.
yes you are

Johnson City, TN

#165 Apr 5, 2011
morl wrote:
I am not running anywhere. This is all information I receive sitting in the pew at Towering Oaks.
But thanks for your concern ;)
As I said "running to and fro" listening and spreading gossip!
yes you are

Johnson City, TN

#166 Apr 5, 2011
Enlightened wrote:
I think the pastor or his wife wrote this. It is unforgiving and very un-Christ-like. Unfortunately for the poster, it proves the point of this topic. It sounds like an ill wish or an imprecatory prayer for vengeance against the truth to me.
<quoted text>
I can assure the pastor did not write this but a concerned member of TOBC did. Believe it or not, not everybody is listening, let alone believing your lies.
Truth Seeker

Greeneville, TN

#168 Apr 5, 2011
Morl cannot be the only person with first hand knowledge of what is going on at TOBC. It's a big church...and though rumors fly, there has to be some truth to the story. If you, "so glad you are gone" and "yes you are" know the facts, you should clarify them for the readers of the forum. Otherwise, you don't appear to be anything but defensive with something to hide.
yes you are wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said "running to and fro" listening and spreading gossip!
say what

United States

#169 Apr 5, 2011
yes you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure the pastor did not write this but a concerned member of TOBC did. Believe it or not, not everybody is listening, let alone believing your lies.
I would be ashamed to admit that a church member would write something like that. We have attended that church on and off over the past year BUT I can assure you that it will be OFF from this point forward. We DO NOT want to be associated with a church that has members like that in it.
Enlightened

Greeneville, TN

#170 Apr 5, 2011
Alleged is an adjective which means:
1. declared or stated to be as described; asserted: The alleged murderer could not be located for questioning.
2. doubtful; suspect; supposed: The alleged cure-all produced no results when it was tested by reputable doctors.

Truth Seeker has neither defamed, libeled nor slandered anyone. If you are going to suggest threats, pay attention and know YOUR facts first. Seems like Truth Seeker hit a nerve though.
yes you are wrote:
<quoted text>
What needs to happen is that members of the church need to find out who you are and if your story cannot (and it can't) be proven then the church and Brother Tommy and his family should file a lawsuit against you for dafamation not just of his family but for defamation of our church.
Enlightened

Greeneville, TN

#171 Apr 5, 2011
MY lies! I so hate being called a liar by a hypocrite. SHOW me where I lied. I stated my opinion. My opinion is based on how the statement in question seemed to me. Where is your definition of "lies" in that?
yes you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlightened

Greeneville, TN

#172 Apr 5, 2011
First, nobody is listening. We are all reading.
Second, MY lies? Really? I stated what I THINK, therefore my opinion, to which I am entitled, cannot be a lie. It can only be incorrect, but I see nothing here to sway my opinion so far. What exactly is YOUR definition of a lie? Seems your views of right and wrong or truth and fiction are no better than most hypocrital "Christians" I have known in my lifetime thus far.
yes you are wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just found out a dirty secret from my friend 19 min Friend 25
william hopson (May '12) 37 min Aldean 47
What's really going on ??? 53 min guest 2
Mt. Mckinley, Alaska 2 hr muslim under ice 8
men: would u have sex with another man for mone... (Jul '11) 2 hr devils right hand 26
The Persecution Begins 3 hr Kohlrabi 88
Flag at the hill. 3 hr Kudzu 35
Cheatin'' cops. Who are they? 7 hr Intheknow 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages