What's going on at Towering Oaks Bapt...

What's going on at Towering Oaks Baptist Church?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
both have this problem

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Towering Oaks and First Baptist are constantly exchanging members. Sad but true. How sad that someone who has left the church would stoop this low. God will hold you accountable.
Former Member

Knoxville, TN

#3 Feb 3, 2011
wsd wrote:
Why are a bunch of people leaving the church?
They came out in favor of gay marriage.
not a member

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Feb 3, 2011
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>They came out in favor of gay marriage.
Hey, you got the wrong church. But if Towering Oaks doesn't get with this acceptance of gay marriage, they will lose even more folks. That's why we decided not to join, they are way too old fashion. They need to get with the times.
old fashion preacher

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Feb 3, 2011
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>They came out in favor of gay marriage.
You are a liar. Yes, a liar. As a christian I can say this because it is true. You are lying about a church I have attended all my life. Brother Tommy is a very old fashion minister. He still preaches about the blood of Christ and I thank God for that. Whether I have a few years left on this earth or should Jesus return this day, this minute, I have heard the gospel, the true gospel. If you desire the truth Towering Oaks is where you will feel at home. Brother Tommy does not sugar coat or water down the truth. I know that is getting to be unacceptable to some, but glory be to God we hear the truth and that makes a lot of folks uncomfortable. God loves us and His Word is true. Thank you Lord Jesus for Brother Tommy and may you protect Him from these attacks.
Narrator

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2011
And so the First Baptist Church/Second Baptist Church drama continues.....nothing changes very much in Greeneville.
wsd

Nashville, TN

#8 Feb 3, 2011
I am not, nor have I ever been a part of this church.

I do however, know that a lot of long-time members have left recently.

I honestly wanted to know what is going on.

It must be something bad with how everyone is jumping in here thinking I'm one of the people who left!
old fashion preacher

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Feb 3, 2011
Narrator wrote:
And so the First Baptist Church/Second Baptist Church drama continues.....nothing changes very much in Greeneville.
You are right brother. How sad that most times those who cause the drama and upset the brethen move on to another church and eventually will find something wrong there too. Church is not perfect, it's full of people. Brother Tommy steps on my toes many times, even at my age, he even opening admits to the fact that he himself is imperfect. Like he preaches, it's all about the blood, it's all about the blood. Amen!
old fashion preacher

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Feb 3, 2011
wsd wrote:
It must be something bad with how everyone is jumping in here thinking I'm one of the people who left!
If you were not taught against gossip, Towering Oaks also teaches the truth about this subject. It's hard to fool and old fool, your purpose is clear. I just thank God I was on here checkiing the news. My being here at this moment is no accident, God is awesome.
Former Member

Knoxville, TN

#11 Feb 3, 2011
old fashion preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. Yes, a liar. As a christian I can say this because it is true. You are lying about a church I have attended all my life. Brother Tommy is a very old fashion minister. He still preaches about the blood of Christ and I thank God for that. Whether I have a few years left on this earth or should Jesus return this day, this minute, I have heard the gospel, the true gospel. If you desire the truth Towering Oaks is where you will feel at home. Brother Tommy does not sugar coat or water down the truth. I know that is getting to be unacceptable to some, but glory be to God we hear the truth and that makes a lot of folks uncomfortable. God loves us and His Word is true. Thank you Lord Jesus for Brother Tommy and may you protect Him from these attacks.
All i can say is when Brother Tommy came out of the closet in favor, I had enough. That is the reason I left. I don't know about anyone else. It is not very Christian-like to call someone a liar.
Narrator

Elgin, TX

#12 Feb 3, 2011
wsd wrote:
Yeah , I thought the 'assumption' or 'accusation' that you were a disgruntled former attendee was interesting.
love my church

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Feb 3, 2011
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>All i can say is when Brother Tommy came out of the closet in favor, I had enough. That is the reason I left. I don't know about anyone else. It is not very Christian-like to call someone a liar.
It would appear that you forgot to change your location back this time? Yes, Christians are allowed to tell the truth and you are lying about that church. Towering Oaks still believes in black and white. We steer clear of the grey areas that so many churches have adopted. Why are you lying about our church and our pastor?
Former Member

Knoxville, TN

#14 Feb 3, 2011
love my church wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that you forgot to change your location back this time? Yes, Christians are allowed to tell the truth and you are lying about that church. Towering Oaks still believes in black and white. We steer clear of the grey areas that so many churches have adopted. Why are you lying about our church and our pastor?
I'm not lying. We are talking about Lower Oaks Baptist in Knoxville with Brother Tommy Wilks aren't we?
lived there

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Feb 3, 2011
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not lying. We are talking about Lower Oaks Baptist in Knoxville with Brother Tommy Wilks aren't we?
Not sure how you mistook "Lower Oaks Baptist" in Knoxville for Towering Oaks Baptist in Greeneville. I use to live in Knoxville. Where is Lower Oaks Baptist located?
Former Member

Knoxville, TN

#16 Feb 3, 2011
lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how you mistook "Lower Oaks Baptist" in Knoxville for Towering Oaks Baptist in Greeneville. I use to live in Knoxville. Where is Lower Oaks Baptist located?
In my imagination.
lived there

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Feb 3, 2011
Former Member wrote:
<quoted text>In my imagination.
While this was probably funny to you. I promise you I will be praying for you for you are very important to the Master.
wsd

Johnson City, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2011
So anyway, what is going on at Towering Oaks?
Former Member

Knoxville, TN

#19 Feb 3, 2011
lived there wrote:
<quoted text>
While this was probably funny to you. I promise you I will be praying for you for you are very important to the Master.
Thank you. I am glad I have that going for me.
DIF

Smyrna, TN

#20 Feb 3, 2011
I am not a christian,nor do I attend church.Foremost because my job will not allow it.If folks are leaving because of gay acceptance....well I cant really blame them.It sickens me to the core,as I cant see the want or need to engage in their practice,the human body is designed for it's NORMAL functions,reproduceing from the front,and produceing waste from the rear,we are supreme beings,and to stoop to this level.....well it would seem easier just to go jump in a sewage treatment plant,tons of hate and ridicule you would be spared,and you would be totally engrossed in the filth you SO desire.I believe with every fiber of my being that AIDS is the direct result and punishment for this so called lifestyle.....and the blood of the innocent children and adults that you have infected with your filth is on YOUR HANDS GAYS!
come listen

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Feb 3, 2011
wsd wrote:
So anyway, what is going on at Towering Oaks?
If you are a Christian, then you must know what a sin it is to spread gossip in this fashion. If you are not a Christian and need a church family, Towering Oaks is a true Bible teaching church. Perfect we are not and that is why we feel comfortable there. Only Jesus was perfect and without sin.
Found

Gallatin, TN

#22 Feb 3, 2011
come listen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a Christian, then you must know what a sin it is to spread gossip in this fashion. If you are not a Christian and need a church family, Towering Oaks is a true Bible teaching church. Perfect we are not and that is why we feel comfortable there. Only Jesus was perfect and without sin.
So what's going on? I want to know the good and the bad about a church before I get involved in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
giant mustard bottle in front of the hyperion 3 min Kim 3
New Wedding Chapel in Greeneville 14 min Dick Skinner 27
Poll Josh Duggar on Greeneville Topix is: 22 min Zippo 19
Lack of understanding and intelligence in G'Vegas 48 min Trunketeer 28
God's protection will now be withdrawn from our... 50 min CaptainObvious 19
Chad mreks 1 hr DAWG 2
joe bickford chuckey (May '12) 1 hr tagit73 46
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE