Thieves at Family Dollar

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
big brother

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Dec 29, 2010
We had some thieves strike at FD on the bypass today. An employee chased them out to the car and took some of the stolen items back..lol There were 2 guys and a female. One of the guys name is Ricky Smelcer, we are told. Does anyone know the male and female he is running with these days. Both were dyed black hair, lil heavy, and it looked like the guy had a scar on his head that was visible thru his hair. She was driving.
Hate A Thief

Fort Campbell, TN

#2 Dec 30, 2010
Don't know, but I hope the scumbags get caught. In my eyes, a pedophile is the lowest form of human but a thief is just barely above them. Maybe they'll try to steal from the wrong person one day and get some .45 caliber justice.
I saw it

Knoxville, TN

#3 Dec 30, 2010
Well the family dollar store on the asheville hwy has an employee that is stealing money from the register.I was in there and when i paid for my stuff he forgot to get my .61 so he put the key in the register to open the drawer and the whole time he had the 50.00 that i paid in his hand then he opened the register to get my .61 he handed me my change and slipped the 50.00 in his pocket.i went to put my stuff in the car then returned to the store and told the manager she acted as if i was lying. i thought to myself why did i say anything they didnt care but my point is i hate a damn thief and it hurts everyone in the long run by making the prices go up. i would do it all over again at least it gave me a little piece of mind because i did the right thing!
Chase

Knoxville, TN

#4 Dec 30, 2010
I saw it wrote:
Well the family dollar store on the asheville hwy has an employee that is stealing money from the register.I was in there and when i paid for my stuff he forgot to get my .61 so he put the key in the register to open the drawer and the whole time he had the 50.00 that i paid in his hand then he opened the register to get my .61 he handed me my change and slipped the 50.00 in his pocket.i went to put my stuff in the car then returned to the store and told the manager she acted as if i was lying. i thought to myself why did i say anything they didnt care but my point is i hate a damn thief and it hurts everyone in the long run by making the prices go up. i would do it all over again at least it gave me a little piece of mind because i did the right thing!
You did the right thing. The mgr has to verify the money before and after their shift, so if that till comes up $50.00 short, there you go.
applause

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Dec 30, 2010
I saw it wrote:
Good for you! It is a shame that sometimes the way people act when you try to help them make you regret doing it at all.. Anyway you did right!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#6 Dec 30, 2010
I saw it wrote:
Well aren't you just a BIG load of Bullshit !! The electronic registers that retail stores now have INCLUDING Family Dollar do NOT allow for the theft of monies. The registers have to be signed in ( like a computer) with the employees # and have to again be signed out. There is NO way for the employee to steal money without being caught. So I believe you are blowing smoke up someone's azz.
Jimi

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Dec 30, 2010
Mosheim Country Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aren't you just a BIG load of Bullshit !! The electronic registers that retail stores now have INCLUDING Family Dollar do NOT allow for the theft of monies. The registers have to be signed in ( like a computer) with the employees # and have to again be signed out. There is NO way for the employee to steal money without being caught. So I believe you are blowing smoke up someone's azz.
Settle down babe it'll be ok.
I saw it

Knoxville, TN

#8 Dec 31, 2010
Look here wanna be country girl all you have to do is void the transaction and its like it never happened so you need to blow smoke up your own ass you are the biggest dumb ass on this whole topix site i know what the hell i saw so unless you were there shut the fu@k up!
beep 219

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Dec 31, 2010
Mosheim Country Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the teal is short they can blame it on giving the wrong change back..etc Just b/c the register is signed in and out doesn't make it impossible for the employee to steal, although I am sure it makes it more difficult. I am here to bet at the end of this day the teal wasn't short, because an honest citizen reported it, however had they not it is very likely that the teal would have been short.

Why did you become so defensive and name call?
I saw it

Knoxville, TN

#10 Dec 31, 2010
Well i am just glad that there is other honest people in this town! It sounds like it hit a nerve with THE COUNTRY GIRL!
Chase

Knoxville, TN

#11 Dec 31, 2010
I saw it wrote:
Well i am just glad that there is other honest people in this town! It sounds like it hit a nerve with THE COUNTRY GIRL!
The tills (cash drawers) should match the receipts. When there is a major discrepancy fraud is suspected. Every check-out station has a video camera. I once worked for a company that had an employee who would make herself a $40.00 "loan" every week, but paid it back every Friday. She was a good employee, reliable and a single mother, so I never said anything. Rest assured, if the till is short it won't go unnoticed.

Location hidden

#12 Dec 31, 2010
I have been in retail for 20 years and owned my own retail business. I know what the registers are capable of, and I know the policies at the major stores such as Family Dollar etc. For a void to be done the manager has to key in and do the void. The employee cannot.The register tape,electronic journal, and cd card all must be matching at the end of that employees shift. To attempt to steal cash from their register is nearly impossible now. Why I got so upset is that as an owner and manager of a retail store to have someone accuse an employee in public is inexcusable (and this is a public forum). Retail employees are treated terribly by the general public, and I tend to be defensive of them. Sorry for the previous rant.

“just because i can”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13 Dec 31, 2010
hey mosheim country girl, your initials wouldnt happen to be L.K. would they? just curious....no certain reason.....

Location hidden

#14 Dec 31, 2010
gvegas girl wrote:
hey mosheim country girl, your initials wouldnt happen to be L.K. would they? just curious....no certain reason.....
Nope, not L.K. My name is Renee'.
I SAW IT

United States

#15 Jan 1, 2011
I also work in retail as well, and as for me accusing the employee in public i did no such thing! i walked out of the store and called a friend that is a police officer and ask him what i should do he told me that it was my call, he also told me that if they did press charges that they could call me into court now with that being said do you really think that i would go to court and lie i dont think so i simply went back in and told the manager what i saw so before you go accusing someone of making a scene in publis get your facts straight i could have made a very big scene but chose not to and besides why would i make something like this up i didnt know the man from adam. I have had my garage broken into and i hate a thief that is the only reason i did it to start with!!
I SAW IT

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2011
o sorry that is PUBLIC before someone does a spell check
byteme

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Jun 4, 2011
I saw it wrote:
cry me a river who cares who steals what it's not the theif that's bad it's the low life
snitches how could you live with yourself knowing you told on someone
hank

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jun 4, 2011
byteme wrote:
<quoted text> cry me a river who cares who steals what it's not the theif that's bad it's the low life
snitches how could you live with yourself knowing you told on someone
Your Momma must be so proud.
WTH

Brentwood, TN

#20 Jun 5, 2011
big brother wrote:
We had some thieves strike at FD on the bypass today. An employee chased them out to the car and took some of the stolen items back..lol There were 2 guys and a female. One of the guys name is Ricky Smelcer, we are told. Does anyone know the male and female he is running with these days. Both were dyed black hair, lil heavy, and it looked like the guy had a scar on his head that was visible thru his hair. She was driving.
Deanna Jill Massey routinely steals from Dollar General Stores, hope to see her pic in the busted paper soon.
punk hater

Brainerd, MN

#21 Jun 5, 2011
stephen anderson from rheatown and his brother steal from there all the time to. His brothers girlfriend is with them sometimes. It could be them. they steal lots and lots of makeup to resell. they need to be caught. their fav place is walgreens but have been know to hit the dollar stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***** last post wins ***** 10 min Trunketeer 23
gays marrying in 30 states 13 min Kohlrabi 4
shampoo called fresh hair does it work to pass ... (Nov '10) 19 min Billie 209
new sheriff says you are to old 27 min Red Riding Hood 38
ROE takes vets pain meds away 56 min Trunketeer 17
What u usuly get at local restrants? 58 min Trunketeer 13
How do u no ur man is messin round? 59 min Head With No Screws 16
lol west greene vs. greeneville 3 hr Not just me 17
Scintillaire Restaurant 22 hr Pretend 2 B Normal 15
Greeneville Dating