WJHL banned from GREENE COUNTY meetings

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
SUN SHINE LAW

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2014
I see the current bunch about to feel the wrath of the Media and maybe the state for ignoring sunshine laws in effect for some time now . When they hide it from the public its means they are up to no good .
Defender

Watauga, TN

#2 Feb 27, 2014
WJHL is NOT about news at all! They are all about sensationalism-pot-stirrers! Theynare trying to be like HLN, CNN, MSNBC and FOX who salivate on the negative! WJHL told a customer that good news like teachers helping students in need, spending their time before and after school and their own money for students to have a better education was "NOT news they wanted to,report! " instead they try their best to trash every teacher on NE Tennessee. That is the kind of station they have become lately-too bad-many people won't be watching since after a long hard day the last thing we want to hear is howEVERYTHING and EVERYONE is evil, dying, or some conspiracy they have discovered where we're all going to Hell in a hand basket! I'm done with 'em! Oh BTW-did all commenters here know that the persons accused in the incidents with the students whose parents complained at the GC school board meetings were NOT even TEACHERS!!!! They were persons working in the schools like janitors or food servers do-yet who was called a bully? The TEACHERS!
Whatever

Maryville, TN

#3 Feb 27, 2014
Do you know all the allegations that were made ? I don't so I'm not judging.
Arrow GUY

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 27, 2014
Defender wrote:
WJHL is NOT about news at all! They are all about sensationalism-pot-stirrers! Theynare trying to be like HLN, CNN, MSNBC and FOX who salivate on the negative! WJHL told a customer that good news like teachers helping students in need, spending their time before and after school and their own money for students to have a better education was "NOT news they wanted to,report! " instead they try their best to trash every teacher on NE Tennessee. That is the kind of station they have become lately-too bad-many people won't be watching since after a long hard day the last thing we want to hear is howEVERYTHING and EVERYONE is evil, dying, or some conspiracy they have discovered where we're all going to Hell in a hand basket! I'm done with 'em! Oh BTW-did all commenters here know that the persons accused in the incidents with the students whose parents complained at the GC school board meetings were NOT even TEACHERS!!!! They were persons working in the schools like janitors or food servers do-yet who was called a bully? The TEACHERS!
You sure your not talking about fox news with the rating they have ? Sunshine laws are laws and someone could go to jail for not doing the right thing TBI or federal charges . WJHL Is ok the way the they got rid of that Gay weather guy was kind of conservative heck I though Warren Buffet owned the place . I want to know whats been going on and is going on before I vote in Greene county its my tax dollars after all.
Defender

Watauga, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2014
You should know everything about your hard earned tax dollars! Vote for the person you feel is best! But WJHL does not report the whole story and there are mistakes in tha t report-no teacher (a teacher is a certified professional-not an aide) was accused, yet the news reported"teachers were bullies" that's not true and that's when I stopped watching WJHL News! And to 'whatever's' comment. I do know ALL the allegations that were made, but I'm not judging since everyone has their story and viewpoint about the incidents
Over this topic

United States

#7 Feb 27, 2014
They were banned from recording, but not because there was anything to hide. I would guess they were banned because of how they misrepresent everything. The board meeting is open to all. Come get the entire story, so you can have an accurate opinion.
Dear God

Greeneville, TN

#8 Feb 27, 2014
Here we go again. I'm about ready to hear all the floozies of Greene County, how they got all hawked up on some wjhl, and ready to defend their blessed children against the boogeymen in the school system! Jesus Christ I think this world has had enough of the sensationalism controlling how the masses think 1 sided.
observer

Greeneville, TN

#9 Feb 27, 2014
Defender wrote:
Now now Ms. Kiker, try to not get your panties all wadded up. If by some stretch of the imagination you somehow get elected to David's old job, at least you won't be wasting taxpayer money by getting a teacher's salary and not even teaching as you are so incompetent. At least you won't be on the commission any more.
They Report u decide

Johnson City, TN

#11 Feb 28, 2014
We need the news to have full full access to Greene county so we don't have to sit in on meetings and still know whats going on most of us have little time and need to rust our elected officals to be doing the cheaper right thing not hiding behind closed doors . Sunshine laws are there fro a reason and its the LAW.
Over this topic

Greeneville, TN

#12 Feb 28, 2014
Little time? For something you so wish to be informed on? I hardly doubt you have such little time, but make it! That's the only way you can have an informed opinion.
curious

Smartt, TN

#13 Feb 28, 2014
How can any news team keep from covering a story? Somebody somewhere is going to talk. Do you want to see the actual meeting our just hear say? Isn't that what got them in trouble before?
There are a few more stories the news needs to get a hold of in this town. Good old boy syndrome needs to be found out and some under the table situations.
Elected arrogance

Johnson City, TN

#14 Feb 28, 2014
How we got here if it has a -R- beside the name vote for it even if they turn out to be a bad choice later .
Dupree

Kingsport, TN

#15 Feb 28, 2014
There was no Sunshine law violation. WJHL was not barred from the meeting. The video cameras were banned. Still photography was allowed, and there were reporters there. Tell me again how the Sunshine Law was violated.

Oh yeah, for ELECTED ARROGANCE, doesn't Vicki Kirk have the -D- beside her name, just as roger Jones did?
Teacher Pay

Johnson City, TN

#16 Feb 28, 2014
Dupree wrote:
There was no Sunshine law violation. WJHL was not barred from the meeting. The video cameras were banned. Still photography was allowed, and there were reporters there. Tell me again how the Sunshine Law was violated.
Oh yeah, for ELECTED ARROGANCE, doesn't Vicki Kirk have the -D- beside her name, just as roger Jones did?
So you say just because a person is educated far beyond the twelfth grade they have to be a Democrat and those that might be . How's my grammar and spelling I was raised in a barn and home schooled lol .
Why

United States

#17 Feb 28, 2014
Dupree wrote:
http://www.wjhl.com/story/2484 7760/greene-county-school-boar d-bans-video-camera-from-publi c-meeting

It seems the board members are comfortable being on film. They themselves voted no video cameras! Great way to CYA there Dr Kirk.
What a joke, they think they can do whatever they like, to cover their collective asse's. I think, we should all attend the next meeting. These people have let their limited power, go to their over inflated heads. Maybe we should start requesting cameras be put into all common areas in the schools. Then when a out of control teacher kicks a student, or the other way around, neither can lie their way out.
Taxpayer

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2014
Use your cell phone video and turn it over to news station.
Dupree

Kingsport, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2014
Why wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.wjhl.com/story/24847760/greene-cou...
It seems the board members are comfortable being on film. They themselves voted no video cameras! Great way to CYA there Dr Kirk.
What a joke, they think they can do whatever they like, to cover their collective asse's. I think, we should all attend the next meeting. These people have let their limited power, go to their over inflated heads. Maybe we should start requesting cameras be put into all common areas in the schools. Then when a out of control teacher kicks a student, or the other way around, neither can lie their way out.
I'm not saying I agree with her or the board......which I don't. I'm merely pointing out that the Sunshine Law WASN'T violated. Nothing more, nothing less.
Dupree

Kingsport, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2014
Teacher Pay wrote:
<quoted text> So you say just because a person is educated far beyond the twelfth grade they have to be a Democrat and those that might be . How's my grammar and spelling I was raised in a barn and home schooled lol .
I have no idea what you are talking about. Does your post reference anything that I said? An earlier post inferred that we are in the mess we are in because everyone keeps voting republican. I was making the point that Vicki Kirk and Roger Jones are a large part of our problems, and they are democrats.
FTW

Ardmore, TN

#22 Feb 28, 2014
Mafia City wrote:
If I was some of these people I would not want to be seen on Channel 11 either. Psychopathic wife beaters, Racist talking commissioners. Cursing former bartender bouncer school board members. Convicted Felon in the local LEAF program. Officials having sex with two women behind a door while children are buying fishing licenses outside. Thosands of dollars being given to people who are no longer working in a utility district. Money gone from a park commission and no one seeming to know where it went. Policeman forcing women to have sex with him. People bringing dangerous life threatening industry in without any authority to do so. People in government making huge amounts of money by selling property to said dangerous life threatening industry, etc, etc, etc. Nope it really is not a good thing to bring Channel 11 into Mafia City just now.
You are sooo right.:)
Lmao

Greeneville, TN

#24 Feb 28, 2014
The school board seen what idiots they where last time and didn't want the everyone seeing that again. Dr. Kirk needs to be replaced immediately, in my opinion she's nothing but a crook.

As for the 2 moms, well that was just a scheme to get some money. I've met that one kid and she's a freakin brat that needs her a$$ busted bad. The mom just lets her do whatever to whoever and goes crazy if someone tells her about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Money to spend roads to grind 13 min Moll Dyer 16
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 35 min Princess Hey 10,514
More broken campaign promises 43 min Matthew McConaughey 16
Thanks for making us the laughingstock of the p... 47 min Matthew McConaughey 49
Illegal Window Tint #1 Priority for Sheriff Han... (Oct '14) 1 hr Jamey 36
Shareprices plummet 1 billion after Tweet 1 hr Trumpisdumb 20
Dr. Strange's gf. . . or ex "Karen" 2 hr You know who 6
NC Govenor Pat McCrory defeated! 7 hr Grammar Patrol 45

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages