Ms Whynot

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Oct 8, 2010
So many people in Greeneville drawing unemployment and then working for cash. Soooooo wrong. The one I am speaking of is Randall Wilburn. Hope you don't get in trouble.

Judged:

12

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
kelly

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2010
Hey dumbass some ppl are allowed to make a certain amount of money while drawing. Its not like hes getting disability and selling his drugs so STFU.
beenthere

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2010
Have you ever been on unemployment? Ya don't get paid much especially if you go from making 500 wk to less than 300. Not always easy to find another job either so sometimes you have to work for cash to make ends meet. Like Kelly said at least he not selling drugs for the extra money. I don't know the person I'm just saying I have been there worked a job for 4.5 yrs got laid off took me a year to find another job. I cleaned houses and subbed for paper rts to make ends meet.
Papi Chulo

Trenton, NJ

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Ms Whynot wrote:
So many people in Greeneville drawing unemployment and then working for cash. Soooooo wrong. The one I am speaking of is Randall Wilburn. Hope you don't get in trouble.
If you sincerely hoped the man you are referring to would not get in trouble,you would not post his name.This can only lead me to believe you are very dumb or a damn liar.In either case what you have to say doesn't matter.As far as the people (defending)? him,the fact that he does not receive disability and sell his meds is a lame defense.The sad fact is that countless elderly people in this county and state do just that to live.I am not saying it is right.In these economic times a lot of people do what they obviously feel they must to live.Until you live their life,pay their bills,or walk a mile in their shoes you self righteous assholes should get a new hobby other than judging other people.As the old saying goes"if you can't say something nice, shut the hell up".
justin

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2010
Ms Whynot wrote:
So many people in Greeneville drawing unemployment and then working for cash. Soooooo wrong. The one I am speaking of is Randall Wilburn. Hope you don't get in trouble.
does people in this town have nothing better to do than to start stuff on the net about other people? i know him and his wife brooke also and by the way its worded it sounds to me like his inmature wife trying to get things started i personaly feel sorry for him and think he was stupid for marring into the family that he did i know them all to well
chevyman

Peapack, NJ

#6 Oct 9, 2010
justin wrote:
<quoted text>
does people in this town have nothing better to do than to start stuff on the net about other people? i know him and his wife brooke also and by the way its worded it sounds to me like his inmature wife trying to get things started i personaly feel sorry for him and think he was stupid for marring into the family that he did i know them all to well
I would totaly agree with you i would say its his wife. I know them also and have nothing against them however i dont belive kim would say this because i seen her husband working at the mulch pit a while back while he was drawing unemployment also
rebelchic

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2010
wow this town is so awful every one is involved into everone one elses bussiness. I know them both and both of there familys who ever started this thread didnt realize how stupid they was for doing this and this is probaly going to get bad for both sides and involving familys also and bringing up there business. Long story short people need to grow the fuck up and mind your own business
snm

Gallatin, TN

#8 Oct 9, 2010
Ms Whynot wrote:
So many people in Greeneville drawing unemployment and then working for cash. Soooooo wrong. The one I am speaking of is Randall Wilburn. Hope you don't get in trouble.
Why don't you worry about yourself and try to fix your own issues instead of trying to cause problems for other people? Grow up. High school's over.
inmature people

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 9, 2010
snm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you worry about yourself and try to fix your own issues instead of trying to cause problems for other people? Grow up. High school's over.
Wow i honestly hope were not talking about the randall that married brooke rominger because this topic will get really dirty on her half real fast,she s well known accros this town and to be honest she probaly has already cheated on him going by her past and rep
Grizzly

Gallatin, TN

#10 Oct 9, 2010
"Ms Whynot" needs to grow up and move on. Randall is a stand-up guy and would give anyone the shirt off his back. When you've got him as a friend, you have a true friend. I can count on one hand all the people in the world I trust like I do him. Get off his back and stop trying to cause trouble.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#11 Oct 10, 2010
I'm surprised the Tea Baggers haven't been on here, crying about how the "nanny state" has ruined the country for everybody. If left up to them, the unemployed would not get benefits--they'd just have to depend on the kindness of strangers.
Teabags

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 10, 2010
veryvermilion wrote:
I'm surprised the Tea Baggers haven't been on here, crying about how the "nanny state" has ruined the country for everybody. If left up to them, the unemployed would not get benefits--they'd just have to depend on the kindness of strangers.
The "nanny state" has ruined the country for everybody. As John Kennedy said ..."Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country".
Scrounger

Knoxville, TN

#13 Oct 10, 2010
veryvermilion wrote:
I'm surprised the Tea Baggers haven't been on here, crying about how the "nanny state" has ruined the country for everybody. If left up to them, the unemployed would not get benefits--they'd just have to depend on the kindness of strangers.
Everybody needs a hand up (not out) at one time or another but their is way to many people capable of working that are sittin around drawing disability and other goverment programs.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 10, 2010
In 2009 there were over 50 million people getting Social Security Benefits.

Of the 50 million people that were getting Social Security Benefits in 2009, only 9.5 million were getting Social Security because of a disability.

So the vast majority of people getting benefits were elderly or their dependent widows/children

So, of the 300 million people living in the US in 2009, less than 10% were receiving disability benefits. Keep in mind that many of those people who receive disability benefits do so because over the years they paid portions of their income into the Social Security system.

People don't get rich off of Social Security benefits. Money obtained from Social Security goes into the banks of recipients and then is paid to landlords, mortgage holders, grocery stores, utility companies, pharmacies, etc...

It's just like Unemployment Insurance. It goes to a person's bank and right back out into the economy--paying for housing, food, medicine...

I have worked with disabled and unemployed people throughout my career. I get so tired of hearing people slam them--acting as though they are all deadbeats. There are some deadbeats in the system. But the vast majority are simply too ill to support themselves. Were it not for their meager monthly benefits, they would be homeless, starving, or dying of easily treatable diseases.

That is NOT the kind of country you want to live in--where people are dying in the streets because they don't have the means to care for themselves.

If you really want to be angry about your tax dollars, you should look at the massive amounts of money this country spends on the military. And I'm not talking about the money spent on taking care of soldiers or paying soldiers. I'm talking about the BILLIONS of dollars that are paid to corporations by the military. Many of the services or products produced by these corporations could be produced at a much lower cost. However, because these items or services are for "the military", these corporations jack up their prices to an embarrassing level.

Remember all of the billions of dollars in contracts that went to Blackwater during the Iraq war? They were paying their people many times more than soldiers were getting paid. And there was so much corruption in Blackwater--tainted water, over-charging, poor book-keeping... But our government kept paying them billions and billions of dollars.

THAT'S where your money goes... Not to the sick and dying--not to the unemployed. Sure, some of it goes there, but the vast majority of it goes into some fat-cat's pocket--somebody who makes anywhere from $100,000 per year to several million dollars per year.
king

United States

#17 Oct 10, 2010
drama wrote:
you peolple are trying to defend randall.well let me tell you he started drinking every night when he would come home and have nohing to do with his wife and sleep on the couch instead of sleeping with her. he is a sorry piece of shit he chose a beer over his family
fisrst off i know him personaly you all need to stop running your mouths. yes he likes to drink beer but he use to only do it on the weekends. therefor if he started drinking every night it was probaly because there was stuff going on that drove him nuts and personly knowing the family i would be the biggest drunk of the town if i was in his shoes he is a tender hearted person and it breaks him dowm when there is a conflict going on dealing with him but that would probaly be the worst mistake of his wife for starting this thread
Karma

Franklin, TN

#18 Oct 11, 2010
Randall Wilburn is a wonderful guy. He married a girl who is pregant with his child , not even knowing if it is his. He is a good hard worker and does not do drugs. I think whoever started this is really ugly and has nothing better to do than to start drama. You know what Randall is a working while his wife goes out to the club and is pregnant ...Real Smart.
Teabags

Knoxville, TN

#19 Oct 11, 2010
veryvermilion wrote:
In 2009 there were over 50 million people getting Social Security Benefits.
Of the 50 million people that were getting Social Security Benefits in 2009, only 9.5 million were getting Social Security because of a disability.
So the vast majority of people getting benefits were elderly or their dependent widows/children
So, of the 300 million people living in the US in 2009, less than 10% were receiving disability benefits. Keep in mind that many of those people who receive disability benefits do so because over the years they paid portions of their income into the Social Security system.
People don't get rich off of Social Security benefits. Money obtained from Social Security goes into the banks of recipients and then is paid to landlords, mortgage holders, grocery stores, utility companies, pharmacies, etc...
It's just like Unemployment Insurance. It goes to a person's bank and right back out into the economy--paying for housing, food, medicine...
I have worked with disabled and unemployed people throughout my career. I get so tired of hearing people slam them--acting as though they are all deadbeats. There are some deadbeats in the system. But the vast majority are simply too ill to support themselves. Were it not for their meager monthly benefits, they would be homeless, starving, or dying of easily treatable diseases.
That is NOT the kind of country you want to live in--where people are dying in the streets because they don't have the means to care for themselves.
If you really want to be angry about your tax dollars, you should look at the massive amounts of money this country spends on the military. And I'm not talking about the money spent on taking care of soldiers or paying soldiers. I'm talking about the BILLIONS of dollars that are paid to corporations by the military. Many of the services or products produced by these corporations could be produced at a much lower cost. However, because these items or services are for "the military", these corporations jack up their prices to an embarrassing level.
Remember all of the billions of dollars in contracts that went to Blackwater during the Iraq war? They were paying their people many times more than soldiers were getting paid. And there was so much corruption in Blackwater--tainted water, over-charging, poor book-keeping... But our government kept paying them billions and billions of dollars.
THAT'S where your money goes... Not to the sick and dying--not to the unemployed. Sure, some of it goes there, but the vast majority of it goes into some fat-cat's pocket--somebody who makes anywhere from $100,000 per year to several million dollars per year.
According to the 2000 census, Greene County has 59,323 residents over the age of 5. Of that number , 15,272 are considered disabled. That is 26% of the population. If you are trying to say that 1 in 4 of our residents are "too ill to support themselves", then I say you are either an idiot , or you have spent too much time caring for people in San Fran where 19% of gay males have AIDS and are "too ill to support themselves". Our population is not well educated with only 69.6% over age 25 having a high school education , and 12.8% having a college degree. Some would say that these people could work in construction , food service, landscaping, etc. where they don't might not need a degree. Well, sorry.....these jobs are taken by illegal immigrants, which I am sure you support, because you don't want them "living in the shadows". I agree that the military wastes money. That is because it is government run. Your loathing of the military is probably related to "don't ask, don't tell".
Teabags

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 11, 2010
I meant to add...."the nanny state has ruined it for everybody."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristy Necessary 4 min middlecreekmoma 15
Mayor Daniels tries to pull Fast one 15 min dingleberry 17
If your Black than do not vote demarcate 22 min Kohlrabi 4
get rid of Robert Sayne 31 min I wonder 81
***** last post wins ***** 32 min Kohlrabi 70
presented by the genuine Kohlrabi--I HATE KOHLR... 39 min Kohlrabi 14
greeneville sun 57 min billy rock 13
lawsuit against county schools 3 hr afton hick 13
Scintillaire Restaurant 13 hr Dr Wu 40
Greene County Schools Fri willard 117
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]