Having A Man Problem....Kind Of

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 13

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2013
This past Saturday I was meeting my father to play our usual round of golf and I met a man in the clubhouse. He is extremely nice, intelligent, funny and quite attractive. The problem is his father and mine are good friends and often work together. They have been trying to set us up for years, but seriously, who wants to go out on a date with someone their father set them up with?! Anyways, he just moved back to town to join his father's practice and that means he would be working with my dad too. We went out to dinner Saturday night, then back to my house. We talked(yes, just talked) for hours. We have so much in common it's ridiculous! I think I really, really like him. He has sent me flowers the past 2 days so I'm pretty sure he feels the same. But....what if it doesn't work out? It would be completely awkward for both of our families and could damage not only friendships, but working relationships. Should I forget all of that stuff and just go with it or should I nip it in the bud before we get really involved?
incredible

Monroe, NC

#2 Jun 25, 2013
You have to be kidding, right ? You gonna give up a chance with a good man because of your Father or his practice ? Take into account. that any man and your father will become friends on any level so Id do it. They both care.... just my opinion
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jun 25, 2013
Sent flowers the past 2 days, but hasn't asked you out?
Florist

Greeneville, TN

#4 Jun 25, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Encourage him. It's good for business.

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2013
incredible wrote:
You have to be kidding, right ? You gonna give up a chance with a good man because of your Father or his practice ? Take into account. that any man and your father will become friends on any level so Id do it. They both care.... just my opinion
I know, I know...it sounds silly. I tend to overanalyze everything. I think too much!! I'm not very good at taking chances. I'm a planner. Sometimes I wish I could stop asking, "what if", but it's just my nature. Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and invite him over for dinner tomorrow night.

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2013
Hmm wrote:
He has asked me out. He asked me to go to lunch with him the Sunday after we met, but I had plans. He's been on call the past 2 nights. He has called and texted me a lot too.
incredible

Monroe, NC

#7 Jun 25, 2013
FinnEl wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I know...it sounds silly. I tend to overanalyze everything. I think too much!! I'm not very good at taking chances. I'm a planner. Sometimes I wish I could stop asking, "what if", but it's just my nature. Maybe I'll throw caution to the wind and invite him over for dinner tomorrow night.
yep that's. how ya get to know him . great wishes for ya

Since: Dec 12

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jun 25, 2013
FinnEl wrote:
<quoted text>
He has asked me out. He asked me to go to lunch with him the Sunday after we met, but I had plans. He's been on call the past 2 nights. He has called and texted me a lot too.
Maybe "Father Knows Best"!:)

Seriously, I don't know how long you have been here but I'm betting you just returned from college not so long ago. It sounds like you all have the makings for a great relationship. I say, GO FOR IT!!! Quality mates are so hard to find. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! ;) Even if you all don't end up having the perfect romance then maybe you all can be great friends. If it starts to fizzle then try to stay friends to avoid the family drama you alluded to. I'm happy for you & wish you the very very best!:)

“Im On The Nice Lust”

Since: Jan 13

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jun 25, 2013
#SoundsLikeAGentlemanGoForIt

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2013
incredible wrote:
<quoted text>
yep that's. how ya get to know him . great wishes for ya
Thank you very much!!

United States

#11 Jun 25, 2013
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe "Father Knows Best"!:)
Seriously, I don't know how long you have been here but I'm betting you just returned from college not so long ago. It sounds like you all have the makings for a great relationship. I say, GO FOR IT!!! Quality mates are so hard to find. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE! ;) Even if you all don't end up having the perfect romance then maybe you all can be great friends. If it starts to
fizzle then try to stay friends to avoid the family
drama you alluded to. I'm happy for you & wish
you the very very best!:)
Thank you very much too! I think I will go for it, but I don't think I'll tell my dad we are dating and I'll ask him to not tell his parents either. Maybe that will keep them from pressuring us and we can get to know each other before they start planning our wedding!

Since: Dec 12

Charlotte, NC

#12 Jun 25, 2013
FinnEl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much too! I think I will go for it, but I don't think I'll tell my dad we are dating and I'll ask him to not tell his parents either. Maybe that will keep them from pressuring us and we can get to know each other before they start planning our wedding!
I think it's a positive thing your families get along & are friends. Many couples are doomed from the outset because their families hate each other, think the other side is trash (lol) or just always try to one-up the other side. Trust this old lady with the notion that there is something to be said about knowing a guy's background & liking his family. There is also something to be said for them knowing you are good & accepting you because of it. Oh the wisdom & knowledge I just shared with you! LOL :) I'm so excited for you!!
Anon

Loudon, TN

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Which one are you in your picture?

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#14 Jun 25, 2013
I say go with it :)

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Anon wrote:
Which one are you in your picture?
I'm the blonde.
Anonymous

Emigrant, MT

#16 Jun 26, 2013
My hair is dark brown.

Since: Jan 11

Greeneville TN

#17 Jun 26, 2013
Sounds to me like you have a good head on your shoulders and a very mature outlook. You're doing everything right. Take your time, get to know each other, keep a positive attitude (even if it doesn't work out), and have fun. And take Nita's advice. It's spot on.
WTH

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Jun 26, 2013
FinnEl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the blonde.
Go figure. Is that your sweetheart beside you?

“See you in the funny papers...”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#19 Jun 26, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figure. Is that your sweetheart beside you?
Are you nice to ANYONE, WTH???

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 26, 2013
I would say go for it too! It is hard to find someone special with a good head on their shoulders around here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edwina Orr charged with DUI; drug possession 6 min Auntie 26
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 min Jennifer Renee 5,688
Wha postion do u sleep in? 11 min BlackStar 1
what to do. where to go for NYE for 40+ singles? 13 min BlackStar 11
What ur finacial advicer tell u to do? 15 min BlackStar 2
info about eric jones 18 min Reclaim rights 20
Principal at Mosheim 41 min notperfect 82
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 3 hr Worried Mom 169
What I learned about relationshps 8 hr csmaven 48
Feeling lonely for the holidays Sat Veronica 155
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search