spped limit on 11e to jc
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
speedy

Maggie Valley, NC

#1 Sep 22, 2013
in visiting family and noticed on the way to jc that the speed limit has been changed from 65 to 55 all the way through greene county. its 65 in washington county still. i can see the change through the work zone but its 55 all the way now. what made them change it? i can see it being a major speed trap area for those who assume its still 65 (like I did) and get tickets. luckily i noticed and slowed down but not everyone will.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Well... that sucks...
:/
nitro

Greeneville, TN

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Little Ole Lady wrote:
Most people usually don't do 65 (now 55) on 11-E anyway. I drive the speed limit and they usually pass by me like I'm standing still.
well no shit, that is what he just said. how many of those people haven't noticed the speed limit drop? i was cruising up through there at 65 & just happen to notice a sign. if i hadn't i would have been in trouble if the cops was around. to much business started up to keep the 65 mph limit, or at least that would be my guess.
iqz44

Greeneville, TN

#5 Sep 22, 2013
why is it still 65 from JC to Greeneville?
David

Bluff City, TN

#6 Sep 23, 2013
Doesn't matter what the speed limit is. No one abides with it anyway. People drive like imbeciles.
South Greene Resident

Abingdon, VA

#9 Sep 23, 2013
I noticed that too Friday on my way back from JC. I also saw three patrol cars looking for speeders. There's not much to be done but warn friends and family so we all don't end up paying fines. The county must need the revenue.
head on

Kostroma, Russia

#10 Sep 23, 2013
At least on 11-E, they're usually speeding in their own lane.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Sep 23, 2013
David wrote:
Doesn't matter what the speed limit is. No one abides with it anyway. People drive like imbeciles.
A huge AMEN to that statement.
In the know

Rock Hill, SC

#12 Sep 23, 2013
I drive 70 on it when I'm not paying attention.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2013
I only knew of the change bc I live at the construction zone... (I'd be going 70 myself) But we were told it's because there has been too many wrecks through here and they're trying to cut down on the wrecks. I'm waiting for the red lights....
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#15 Sep 23, 2013
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT SIGN SAYS, THESE BACKWOOD REDNECK INBREED IDIOTS CAN'T DO IT NO HOW! THEY THINK 30 IS ACTUALLY 65 MPH!
nitro

Greeneville, TN

#16 Sep 23, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT SIGN SAYS, THESE BACKWOOD REDNECK INBREED IDIOTS CAN'T DO IT NO HOW! THEY THINK 30 IS ACTUALLY 65 MPH!
don't hold back, say what's on your mind.

why does everyone think people only speed, don't use turn signals, do drugs & hate black people in east tn? have any of you never been outside of greeneville?
Hmm

Bristol, TN

#17 Sep 23, 2013
nitro wrote:
<quoted text>
don't hold back, say what's on your mind.
why does everyone think people only speed, don't use turn signals, do drugs & hate black people in east tn? have any of you never been outside of greeneville?
it's not our concern what goes on outside of Greeneville.
all seeing

Mosheim, TN

#18 Sep 23, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
and you think smeone actually gives a $hit what your ignorant yankee @ss has to say.
theangryguy

Knoxville, TN

#19 Sep 24, 2013
YANKEE?! I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT I'M A TENNESSEAN, GOD HELP ME, BUT I AM! BORN AND RAISED IN TENNESSEE AND I HAVE SEEN 90% OF IDIOTS ON THE ROAD!
Wow

Johnson City, TN

#20 Sep 24, 2013
GApeach-TNflower wrote:
I only knew of the change bc I live at the construction zone...(I'd be going 70 myself) But we were told it's because there has been too many wrecks through here and they're trying to cut down on the wrecks. I'm waiting for the red lights....
Interesting. A few weeks ago, you stated that you live behind the Dollar General in South Central.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Sep 24, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. A few weeks ago, you stated that you live behind the Dollar General in South Central.
I'm sorry if a post got misinterpreted but I have never lived in south central and have never claimed to. I think that post was one that was confusing because both dollar generals are called "Chuckey stores"...

“Older but WISER!!!”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#22 Sep 24, 2013
Obey the speed laws and you won't have to worry about Police radars.
your future x wife

United States

#24 Sep 24, 2013
This made me so mad, I had to pull over and let off some steam! I'm glad I did because there was a cop behind me!
theangryguy

Johnson City, TN

#26 Sep 25, 2013
mean mo greene wrote:
f*k that. i drive fast as i want to.
SEE, THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE! IF YOU CAN'T OBEY THE LAW THEN RIP UP YOUR LICENSE! IDIOTS LIKE YOU CAUSES WRECKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberalism is a mental disorder 2 min silent and blind 37
Carmen weems 3 min That does it 68
West Pines School 55 min Concerned parent 1
meghan anne tolliver 1 hr eric 5
Girls who sleep for money 1 hr eric 23
No repentance, no Heaven 1 hr Boring Liberals 50
Nolichucky View 2 hr Obsessed again 25
Ninas soul food 2 hr High ground 23
Property tax increase. 2 hr High ground 53

Greeneville Jobs