Kiser-Rose Hill Funeral Home---Anyone had any bad experiences dealing with them?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Oct 25, 2012
Rosemary

Smyrna, TN

#1 Mar 22, 2011
My family used Kiser's for years...since it opened. Well since they joined in with Rose Hill, I have experienced bad bookkeeping skills and other things that a funeral home should not do to a family in the time of the lost of a loved one. I have heard similar stories...please comment if you have.
I HOPE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!

When a family member passed away...they charged us for two confins but we just needed one. When making arrangments we were informed that we must paid all the expenses within 30 days...so sad.

I heard them keeping checks that came from retirment funds and such. When the family asked, they reply "the check writing was down".

I swear if they were a hospital..they would killed people to steal their money.
really

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Mar 22, 2011
i have had nothing but good experiences with them a HELL of alot better then Jeffers
Barbara

Gallatin, TN

#3 Mar 22, 2011
really wrote:
i have had nothing but good experiences with them a HELL of alot better then Jeffers
I would not let Jeffers bury a dead cow for me and after the way i have seen them treat people i am encouraging people to go nowhere but kiser rose hill they are the best. Jeffers are the thiefs just ask the families that have quit them
funerals

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 22, 2011
Funeral homes are infact a business. The 30 days to pay is pretty standard by most funeral homes. There are so many people that expect services for free. Kiser-Rose Hill has a great funeral staff and many options.
right

Julian, NC

#5 Mar 22, 2011
My cousin died in a horrible car accident and instead of having a closed casket like we asked for because he was real messed up they had the casket open and he looked horrible never ever ever ever go to jeffers. Rose hill did a great job for my grandma and several others in my family
seventimes

Johnson City, TN

#6 Mar 22, 2011
I have dealt with Kiser and Kiser Rose Hill on 7 different family member's funeral arrangements. They have always been easy to work with and on the up and up. They do not receive pension checks and the like...so Why would they keep them. My insurance company paid part of the funeral and they sent me a check for the remainder. And if you paid for two coffins, that was an oversight by them as well as by you. They are a business, and you have to keep an eye open for business transactions.
bull

United States

#7 Mar 22, 2011
You are probably just someone that was fired from jeffers, I mean good grief how could they be thief s , I have heard of them taking body's when none of the other ones would touch them because of ability to pay , you need to know what you are talking about before you run your mouth!!!!
right

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Mar 22, 2011
Bull,I know what the hell i'm talking about do you????? I never worked there but i know what my cousin looked like laying in the casket brusies all over his face and a deep gash on top of his head and another one down his face. So i know what i'm talking about.
BEEN THERE

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 22, 2011
right wrote:
Bull,I know what the hell i'm talking about do you????? I never worked there but i know what my cousin looked like laying in the casket brusies all over his face and a deep gash on top of his head and another one down his face. So i know wha t i'm talking about.
I too had a bad experience with kiser-rose hill. My husband past away last year. That place made me feel second rate because rhey wouldnt hardly discuss anything with me,only his parents. I also let them know how they made me feel especially with what I was having to deal with.
bull

United States

#10 Mar 22, 2011
right wrote:
Bull,I know what the hell i'm talking about do you????? I never worked there but i know what my cousin looked like laying in the casket brusies all over his face and a deep gash on top of his head and another one down his face. So i know what i'm talking about.
I doubt you do because who ever was legally responsible had to tell them to open it or it would have been closed!
disgusted

Mooresville, NC

#11 Oct 24, 2012
Went to a dear lady's visitation on Monday and was stunned to see that the staff brought in their children to let run around like monkeys! Is this a business or a daycare. This being a difficult time anyway....what is the management staff thinking! This is not the first time that I have been there and saw these kids running around in pajamas with toys playing! Several times I have saw a little boy crawling around on the floor! What are people thinking?????
leeroy

Franklin, TN

#12 Oct 24, 2012
I to went to jeffers on the morning of my moms funeral and asked to see her and i was told by richard that they had a lot of death calls and left me standing there.so sad.
jack

Brentwood, TN

#13 Oct 25, 2012
leeroy wrote:
I to went to jeffers on the morning of my moms funeral and asked to see her and i was told by richard that they had a lot of death calls and left me standing there.so sad.
Thats Richard for you. i will never take any of my family there. He is very rude. I have nothing for him nor does my family.I have told friends of mine if you are using that funeral home, I won't be there
yea

United States

#14 Oct 25, 2012
I love kisers they did such a good job with my 3 year old cousin that dies from cancer. They were so caring and gave us much support

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min WTSenior 146,112
Pam Ellison (Sep '10) 14 min too sadd 31
Drug "King-pin" wink-wink Arrested 17 min Mike 16
Hannah Riddle 46 min Paul Cox 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greeneville, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr KiMare 7,632
twested scissors 2 hr friend of hers 20
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Windy 9,328
south greene football 8 hr jake 50
Laughlin Memorial Hospital 22 hr Release 12
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE