First Prev
of 2
Next Last
People

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Sep 5, 2012
liar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go by the tax accessor, they are. They are taxed higher for being in the city and not country, and less foreclosures. Whereas the places you have mentioned have had several foreclosures, of whole subdivisions, and it drives prices down.
Lol your wrong, it's not in the city, Tusculum yes.

Foreclosures can happen in any and every neighborhood
Never Been There

Knoxville, TN

#22 Sep 5, 2012
Struck a nerve, huh? What's your problem?
People wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm people live there...humans
I am assuming someone is just trying to start some crap. If you don't live there, why do you care?? Everyone has a choice in life to where they live, work etc.
So get over your self, crap happens every where regardless. They nor other neighborhoods with restrictions, think they are better than anyone else. It's called an investment or choice!
People

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Sep 5, 2012
liar wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole subdivision connected to the meadows was foreclose upon as well. AJ bank took it over and wants to connect the road straight through to the meadows. But in the city, the meadows is the nicest subdivision....but it leads to divorce. Many turnovers in marriages in there.
Lol ya, as any and every where. Just like life, it happens. Pick your self up and move on.
countryside

Huntersville, NC

#24 Sep 5, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
Sounds like someone is jealous of people who work hard to have nice things in life......You might want to get a job and work hard and you might find yourself living in a nice area....
Just because you I've in a $350,000 house DOESN'T mean you CAN afford it. The economy has us all oppressed at the moment. As for city living or subdivisions, you all can have at it. I'll sit back and enjoy the freedom of my fields and woods. And the comfort of KNOWING no one can move in beside me.
Nita Mann

Gaffney, SC

#25 Sep 5, 2012
countryside wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you I've in a $350,000 house DOESN'T mean you CAN afford it. The economy has us all oppressed at the moment. As for city living or subdivisions, you all can have at it. I'll sit back and enjoy the freedom of my fields and woods. And the comfort of KNOWING no one can move in beside me.
I might be looking to downsize. Would it be ok if I pull in my 1974 Flamingo trailer & decorate with my non-running Pinto collection on blocks? I will likely live in my blue school bus for awhile until I get settled. My fighting cocks will just be there until my boyfriend gets out of prison, he only has 24 years & 8 months & 4 days left in the Federal pen. I'm also pet sitting eight coon hounds they just howl about 10 hours on a good day when the roosters in their rusted oil barrels don't yodel too much.

Ive also been collecting used toilets to refashion into flower pots. They are a nice accent to the pink flamingoes which I found keep the fighting cocks alert for new meat. I have also started collecting scrap metal so I can finally get pink paint for my other school bus which is currently adorned with primer.
jack

Brentwood, TN

#26 Sep 6, 2012
I live on a farm and my house is bigger and better than any I have looked at. I don't need to live in a subdivision, I don't want anyone living close to me. I don't need a subdivision to make me look good I do that myself
countryside

Huntersville, NC

#27 Sep 6, 2012
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>I might be looking to downsize. Would it be ok if I pull in my 1974 Flamingo trailer & decorate with my non-running Pinto collection on blocks? I will likely live in my blue school bus for awhile until I get settled. My fighting cocks will just be there until my boyfriend gets out of prison, he only has 24 years & 8 months & 4 days left in the Federal pen. I'm also pet sitting eight coon hounds they just howl about 10 hours on a good day when the roosters in their rusted oil barrels don't yodel too much.

Ive also been collecting used toilets to refashion into flower pots. They are a nice accent to the pink flamingoes which I found keep the fighting cocks alert for new meat. I have also started collecting scrap metal so I can finally get pink paint for my other school bus which is currently adorned with primer.
Sorry, but the answer is no. My farm,home,and barns are quite clean and neat. And like someone else said,I don't have to live in a subdivision to make myself look good. My hard work shows in everything,and not just a house.
Nita Mann

Gaffney, SC

#28 Sep 6, 2012
countryside wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but the answer is no. My farm,home,and barns are quite clean and neat. And like someone else said,I don't have to live in a subdivision to make myself look good. My hard work shows in everything,and not just a house.
Lol! I would love to be able to afford land in every direction so my funny question would never happen to me. The ONLY advantage to better subdivisions is that restrictions protect your property value. Preferably, I would have the freedom away from neighbors in wide open land like you mentioned. There aren't many places left where you can buy a great expanse of property without unsightly objects & obnoxious people nearby.
JohnT

Arlington, VA

#29 Jan 28, 2013
One of the best developments in the city. Right by the college, behind the police station, and reasonably priced. Everyone living their is hard working and apparently they have high security, neighbourhood watch, and I have been told their is a police officer living in there.
Greg

Johnson City, TN

#30 Jan 30, 2013
The problem with these people a R.A. is that the think they are better than everyone else. Thats why they live there. Most of these poseurs are pathetic brown nosers. Pretty funny stuff.
True

United States

#31 Jan 30, 2013
Greg wrote:
The problem with these people a R.A. is that the think they are better than everyone else. Thats why they live there. Most of these poseurs are pathetic brown nosers. Pretty funny stuff.
You nailed it!
Easy Street

Greeneville, TN

#32 Jan 30, 2013
Robert W wrote:
<quoted text>Russell Acres is in Tusculum and pays only county taxes. Grapevine, The Meadows, and the one on Old Tusc. Road are the only ones I mentioned that are in the city. I haven't heard of foreclosures in any. There may be, but I don't believe there have been many in any of those neighborhoods.
And only in The Meadows can you live on Easy Street! Although Paradise Cove is adjacent to Old Tusculum Road and much more affordable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Nelson Pregant Again 1 hr sherlock homes 1
Alisha Harrison 2 hr concerned 3
candy duncan (Oct '13) 2 hr diksukr4real 11
Christy Garrett 3 hr 123 say alimony 8
***** last post wins ***** 3 hr Alex Nicole 300
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 5,086
Wjhl news 3 hr just saying 8
Why I get on topix 6 hr hmmmm 66
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:29 pm PST