Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I recall seeing on here a few months ago where you said you've never been "in anyone's pocket." This story tells otherwise, Mr. Tom Cogburn. Can I have some of those $10 bills you pass out? Things are hard for me right now.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2003-03-02/busines...
Scrounger

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

When did we find out VV's name??? I dont think I know him and it really doesn't matter to me who he is.I almost never agree w his views and find him quite condescending but he has as much right to be here as anybody.

Since: Dec 10

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Dang I know Tom! He's not as condescending in person. Actually I've indirectly worked with him. Never knew he was gay. And you're right Scrounger, about him having as much right as anyone else to post with us. He's a good guy and I can almost guarantee you'd like him in person. Like Scrounger I don't always agree with him, but that's what makes things interesting around here. Tom's a very, very well educated man who cares about people. I don't know how I feel about him being outed. No pun intended. I wouldn't want to be outed. Heck, Dingle Nutz in German means "black sheep of the family" and my avatar is a dingle nutz. So there you go. If 'Exposed' is right about VV being Tom, then I'm publicly sticking up for VV. Also, the article says he applied for public assistance. It doesn't say if he received it. Apparently he sometime posted against public assistance? I don't follow many of the threads on which he posts. Anyhow, I know Tom Cogburn as a man of integrity. He's a good guy.
Scrounger

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Dingle Nutz wrote:
Dang I know Tom! He's not as condescending in person.
Maybe so.Written words,or in this case typed words,rarely reveal the true tone in which the writer/poster intended.I'm sure this has been the case some of the time w his post.It probably has been w everybody at one time or another.We need some emoticons or something.

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Scrounger wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so.Written words,or in this case typed words,rarely reveal the true tone in which the writer/poster intended.I'm sure this has been the case some of the time w his post.It probably has been w everybody at one time or another.We need some emoticons or something.
Scrounger you're exactly right. I've even upset people with what I thought were legible e-mails.
HOBO FROM THE PAST

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

It's really not hard to figure out if you ever read the My Greeneville discussions on Facebook. I didn't know for sure if that was vermilion, but I had a pretty good idea it was since the posts are usually on the same agenda. I've never agreed with anything he says, but he has a right to his opinion as I do mine. He just needs to work on a better way of expressing his opinion. Here's what really gets me..when you really trump him/his reasoning in a debate, he completely ignores you, as if you didn't even post anything, and goes back to babbling about other silly things.
Honest gal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Exposed wrote:
I recall seeing on here a few months ago where you said you've never been "in anyone's pocket." This story tells otherwise, Mr. Tom Cogburn. Can I have some of those $10 bills you pass out? Things are hard for me right now.
Exposed- you are sorry for doing this! Shame on you. Karma to you!
I know Mr. Tom Cogburn, and I like him.
Scrounger

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

HOBO FROM THE PAST wrote:
It's really not hard to figure out if you ever read the My Greeneville discussions on Facebook
I dont even have a FB account so I haven't seen any of that.I thought Robbie pulled the discussion part of his site after the deal w WT gettin mad about something posted.
He just needs to work on a better way of expressing his opinion.
Yeah he can pretty abrasive w his replys.
Here's what really gets me..when you really trump him/his reasoning in a debate,he completely ignores you,as if you didn't even post anything,and goes back to babbling about other silly things.
I've noticed that as well and heres why I think he does that.He's well educated,we all know that,and he wants us to know that,so when confronted w a question he doesn't know the exact "intelligent" answer to he ignores it or sandbags until it goes away or he can form an educated opinion so he doesn't look dumb or uneducated.While it is,and can be very aggervating,its not exactly the worst idea a person could have.Alot of people on here need to know what they are takling about before they comment.
Exposed

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Honest gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Exposed- you are sorry for doing this! Shame on you. Karma to you!
I know Mr. Tom Cogburn, and I like him.
I don't see a problem with it, and he's obviously not ashamed of himself either since he let a newspaper write a story about him. Karma is a joke, there's no such thing. Get over it and find another crutch to lean on.

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Exposed wrote:
Your inference that he received public assistance during the lowest point in his life is incorrect. He instead returned home in shame. The story is on his blog. Please do us a favor and leave our posters alone.
babygurl

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I have often sparred with veryvermillion and enjoyed our conversations and debates. Intelligence appreciates intelligence even if its a disagreeing opinion. How nasty of you to tell everyone who is he or his business. You should have YOUR access revoked. If only!

Since: Oct 10

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

It's too bad there aren't more people like Tom Cogburn. I wish there were more people that "gave back" too their community. I've talked to him a few times, though he probably doesn't remember me, but he's always been nothing more than kind and gracious. I thought the article about him was very inspiring. He was willing to do what it took just to be able to work in a fast food restaurant. I admire a person like him.
Honest gal

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see a problem with it, and he's obviously not ashamed of himself either since he let a newspaper write a story about him. Karma is a joke, there's no such thing. Get over it and find another crutch to lean on.
If he wanted to put his name out there then it should have been HIS decision, not yours!!!
Some people call it Karma, some people call it "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I'm just a country girl so I'll call it "what comes around goes around"--
I don't care if you believe in it or not-- it's going to bite you in the ASS!
call me confused

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Ok call me confused, but someone please tell me how that article proves Tom is Vv? Thanks.
actually

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I'm on here and on My Greeneville every so often and have seen the posts in both places. And even though I don't know the guy personally, I too have always thought it was fairly obvious that they were one in the same. But if VV is Tom, what does it really matter? Who cares?
I don't know that this article proves anything one way or the other except that he is a human being and apparently one with a very big heart.

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Tom I'm certain you've seen this thread. I just can't help but wonder what you think about so many fellow posters defending you. Most of these people have not shared your opinions and some openly protested your lifestyle. Did you ever think that in the very conservative town of Greeneville an openly gay man would find such protection? In another place you may have been bashed. Did we offer so much support because you're one of us, a regular poster, or because you're one of us in this small town? You're a very eloquent writer and can elaborate on the matter. It appears to me, that like the character Jim Bailey in 'It's A Wonderful Life' you're a rich man. Rich with friends. How does that make you feel?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Dingle Nutz wrote:
Tom I'm certain you've seen this thread. I just can't help but wonder what you think about so many fellow posters defending you. Most of these people have not shared your opinions and some openly protested your lifestyle. Did you ever think that in the very conservative town of Greeneville an openly gay man would find such protection? In another place you may have been bashed. Did we offer so much support because you're one of us, a regular poster, or because you're one of us in this small town? You're a very eloquent writer and can elaborate on the matter. It appears to me, that like the character Jim Bailey in 'It's A Wonderful Life' you're a rich man. Rich with friends. How does that make you feel?
You know what Dingle, you're right. I have disagreed with him on topics, but at least he has gotten on here and spoke HIS opinion. I know it doesn't mean much but I like regular posters who are not fake ass posers. Just Zool's opinion!!
CONFUSED TOO

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I never agree with him either, but hey that's life. Again, we don't really know if it's even the true identity of vermilion or not. If it's not, someone made a fool of themselves starting this thread. If it is, so what? Tom Cogburn doesn't sound like a bad guy, and it looks like a lot of people agree on that.
not-liberal

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

I do not agree with were VV politics stand,but this is our country, all of our country.He is not scared to state his beliefs and more of us should be this way.If this story is true it sounds like he is a good man.
Ricky Bobby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Judged:

This is too funny. Obviously you hit the nail on the head or he would be on here doing the defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of69
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

154 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min WTSenior 124,680
How can we recruit some nice ladies here? 10 min _AnonymousBastard_ 458
Real Estate Tax Increase needed... 19 min Karl 18
Do you look like someone famous? 19 min melissa church 1
Nolichucky River & USN 33 min christy fryar 48
David Weems wants respect 39 min Change 17
Greene County Clerk Race 39 min David 146
Why are so many posts disappearing? 2 hr Mike Fryar 57
What is most annoying about the trolls? 4 hr I_can_play_this_game_too 119
Cheating 4 hr Dr Feel Good 51
•••
•••
•••