First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TurnMeLoose

United States

#22 May 19, 2013
If I were you and had 30+ years I'd start doing it now. They are targeting anyone with 30+ years! Scary scary times.
to many

Jonesborough, TN

#23 May 19, 2013
They have to many chiefs not enough little indians. They have to many employee doing nothing for the the amount of patients they have. Steve Love is ok, don't think he is your problem
weeding

Jonesville, SC

#24 May 20, 2013
to many wrote:
They have to many chiefs not enough little indians. They have to many employee doing nothing for the the amount of patients they have. Steve Love is ok, don't think he is your problem
Lynda did what he said, they have been together for some time. Just matter of time for him to.
gvworker2

Charlotte, NC

#25 May 20, 2013
Does anyone know if employee can be forced to put sick time toward retirement in a situation like what has happened if they want to fill the position? Lots of employees have years of sick time built up due to annual roll over and never being out sick. I am not sure if it is in the employees best interest to exchange sick for time earned toward retirement?? Or just go on sick leave until it runs out?
Hipster

United States

#26 May 21, 2013
So is this layoff affecting anyone at GVDC or just certain job classifications?
GetOut

United States

#28 May 21, 2013
Get out while you can.
screwed too

Johnson City, TN

#29 May 21, 2013
TSEA Missing

You are so right. They also stopped the lifeline discounts for the phones of those who really need it. The elderly, the ill, I guess they figure if they can't afford a phone then they can't call for help when they need it.
gvworker2

Charlotte, NC

#30 May 22, 2013
How do you think the new didd comissioner will do? I will have to say that Henry was a mover and shaker as didd comissioner even tho I didn't agree with some of the things/people he put in place. Maybe he can help the children as DCS comissioner. I think he will try his best to help the children.
TurnMeLoose

United States

#31 May 22, 2013
He's still didd commissioner. He's just being a stand in for children's service until they find someone. They are cutting things at GVDC. Resource Center, next will be QP and the GreenHouse. Won't be long till probably another building closes. They are still hiring though. A lot that work our there work a second job.
gvworker2

Charlotte, NC

#32 May 22, 2013
Announcement was made a couple days ago, governor appointed him full time with DCS effective June 1. The current deputy comissioner gets a promotion.
weeding

Murfreesboro, TN

#33 May 23, 2013
TurnMeLoose wrote:
He's still didd commissioner. He's just being a stand in for children's service until they find someone. They are cutting things at GVDC. Resource Center, next will be QP and the GreenHouse. Won't be long till probably another building closes. They are still hiring though. A lot that work our there work a second job.
Your behind, its been known another cottage will close in time.
TurnMeLoose

United States

#34 May 24, 2013
Not behind. We all have known another would be closing. It's been a rumor for a long while. Before we all know it only two buildings will remain. P and R. None of us know what the future holds for that place. You can either sink with the ship or jump ship and go elsewhere. A lot have to much time invested 10+ years.
OverThere

United States

#35 May 27, 2013
So are they still hiring?
MrsPayne

United States

#36 May 29, 2013
Everyone's leaving. Almost all the OT have and now the head PT lady is. Scary. The ship is slowly sinking.
Zippy the Clown

Antioch, TN

#37 May 30, 2013
I agree with you 100%. State employees are nothing but paid slaves. I don't remember a time when State employees were hated so much or a time when a governor was so blatently hostile.
TSEA Missing wrote:
<quoted text>The Governor and his staff are targeting individuals just like everybody said would happen if he was allowed to do away with Civil Service. Not since Ray Blanton was governor has the state been in such bad shape. It is nothing but politics and taking care of friends now. If you think Pilot is corrupt just watch what is already happening in state government. Children in Children Services Dead and no one knows the why and the how. Contracts everywhere going out with little control, just look at the unmowed state highway ride a ways. Small Hospitals in serious trouble and maybe closing because the Governor made the wrong decision on Obamacare. It will get much, much worse as the super majorities in both houses of the legislature pillage the state employee retirement system. It is only a matter of time till the funds from the Lottery come out of education and go to crooked politicians who are in bed with dishonest contractors. Tennessee was once a progressive state advanced for the South and about middle of the pack in quality of services. Now, after 3 consecutive pro business radical conservative Governors, Tennessee is at or near the bottom in quality of services and has only Mississippi to thank for not being on the bottom. The original Tea Party was designed to remove an oppressive government and put in a progressive government of the people. This modern day Tea Party is taking away a progressive government and replacing it with a regressive take from the people and give nothing back government.
screwed too

Johnson City, TN

#38 May 30, 2013
Zippy the Clown wrote:
I agree with you 100%. State employees are nothing but paid slaves. I don't remember a time when State employees were hated so much or a time when a governor was so blatently hostile.
<quoted text>
So true, this gov. is so hostile toward those in real need. I know some people, worked all their lives, just as they were about to retire, health problems set in, all their money set aside for retirement went to medical bills. Now they live only on the Social Security pmt.(earned not an entitlement!) Had lifeline on their phones for need. Now that little discount has been stopped. Precious Gov. cut it, but I bet he is giving 100% help to his crook brother with the Pilot scam. "Rich get rich, poor get poorer"
ShameShame

United States

#40 Dec 2, 2013
Evil evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Slick 150,799
amanda hensley a.k.a Rue (Mar '13) 26 min logical lucy 12
Should there ever be a woman president 41 min Really a woman pr... 1
We must repent as a nation the only way 51 min Hope 21
tonya bowman is cheating 2 hr Duke 8
JIM old man HASLAM is wreck in Knoxville TN in ... 2 hr DUI JimHaslam 4
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Melissa1333 4,250
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 7 hr resident 68
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 14 hr jamie smiles 42
Who was the best looking people back in the 90s... (Jun '13) 15 hr Booger 49
•••
•••
Greeneville Dating