Earned Income Tax Credit
opinion

Greeneville, TN

#24 Jan 23, 2014
I really don't understand how your sis can even file taxes because she has no income. Welfare is not taxable income. And if she files taxes falsely, where does she get the W-2 to file with?
Really

Greeneville, TN

#25 Jan 23, 2014
Jar Head wrote:
This is nothing more than a welfare program that the taxpayers are paying for. How can you legally get a larger refund than you paid in to the tax system? This is just another handout that a country that is trillions in debt cannot afford to continue. Your thoughts? Agree or disagree?
I't's considered a tax break, if you can understand that. And, as I said before it is backed by the republican party. I agree, this country cannot continue to venture on the way that it is going in now. What gets me is that the majority of you don't realize is that the political party that you affiliate yourself's with is the party that is giving this tax break.
Girl

Johnson City, TN

#27 Jan 23, 2014
Why should everyone ese have to keep paying for some of you to keep having children? Myself and my husband work very hard, have one child and one dog because that's all we can afford and paying for others to kep having children is absurd.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#28 Jan 23, 2014
Myron wrote:
When grandparents raise these deadbeat parents kids and they spend most of their time with them, can the grandparents claim their grandchild on their taxes?
If the grandchildren have lived with their grandparents for over six months during a year. Then, yes they can count them as a dependent on their taxes.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Greeneville, TN

#29 Jan 23, 2014
opinion wrote:
I really don't understand how your sis can even file taxes because she has no income. Welfare is not taxable income. And if she files taxes falsely, where does she get the W-2 to file with?
falsifying is falsifying there is other ways to file
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#30 Jan 23, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be assuming wrong, D!ck Head or A$$ Head, for assuming that I don't pay taxes because I'm not G/D republican. I'm not a G/D democrat, either.
You have no idea what you are, do you? lol
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#31 Jan 23, 2014
Really wrote:
Why don't "you" suck on that, D!ck Head.
Where did you attend school Really? You didn't attend college did you? You aren't real educated or intelligent are you????? I can tell this by your 4th grade grammar skills. lol Perhaps if you had gotten an education you would actually be making enough money not to qualify for EITC. So, suck THAT LOSER.
Jar Head

Knoxville, TN

#32 Jan 23, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I't's considered a tax break, if you can understand that. And, as I said before it is backed by the republican party. I agree, this country cannot continue to venture on the way that it is going in now. What gets me is that the majority of you don't realize is that the political party that you affiliate yourself's with is the party that is giving this tax break.
It's not a tax break, it's a handout, it's welfare. When you get a larger refund than you pay in taxes then you DON'T pay income taxes. Is that so hard to understand? And I have never said what political part I affiliate with, now have I?
FSU

Greeneville, TN

#33 Jan 23, 2014
You people are something else you ain't happy unless you have something to bitch about. You all want to bitch but have know idea where your tax dollars are really being spent and why the United States is in the shape its in.
Really

Greeneville, TN

#34 Jan 23, 2014
Jar Head wrote:
<quoted text> Where did you attend school Really? You didn't attend college did you? You aren't real educated or intelligent are you????? I can tell this by your 4th grade grammar skills. lol Perhaps if you had gotten an education you would actually be making enough money not to qualify for EITC. So, suck THAT LOSER.
College? Not traditional but technical. You made the assumption in your earlier comment that I fell into the 50 percent of the population that doesn't pay income tax. You were very much wrong. I've worked 33 years and not received a cent of government assistance.

As far as not knowing who I am, again, you are dead wrong. Just my opinion of you. The phrase "You make an a$$ of yourself when you assume" fits you well. Sir D!ck Head.
Speeddemon

Jonesborough, TN

#36 Jan 27, 2014
I think it much better if we wasted those taxes in a not needed war like Iraq or in foreign aid or something all those things come first right in places we never get a return .

“I Believe ”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#37 Jan 27, 2014
It is a form of welfare that gives a credit back from where single mothers cannot otherwise get ahead throughout the year but it stimulates the economy cause most my friends use theirs to do things they normally wouldn't be able to do like buy a new used car, a tv, computer or couch. People that qualify for EIC live dirt poor all year.
Girl

Jonesborough, TN

#39 Jan 27, 2014
From Jenny xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about anyone else, but mine is always exactly what I paid in to the penny....not more than. Others maybe different plus child credits. I don't ask people. I'm a taxpayer....so no, I'm not taking a handout. If it was done away with it would mostly be taking away from single mothers like myself. It is simply a tax break, not welfare. I really don't care where it comes from, I work, I pay in, I scrape, I earned it.
A lot of the money you get is from others that are working hard and scraping by too! Where do you think that that money comes from, only the rich? NO It's welfare, you're not paying income tax by your own admission, we are paying it for you. Hope you've stopped reproducing. How do you expect to educate your children?
Girl

Jonesborough, TN

#40 Jan 27, 2014
opinion wrote:
Yeah, if you don't work, you don't file taxes
Jar Head

Nashville, TN

#42 Jan 27, 2014
Less than 50% of the people in the country pay any income tax at all. In other words, more than half of the people pay nothing. I think everyone should have to pay at least something. I'm not opposed to lower income wage earners getting most of what they paid in back but even those making minimum wage should have to contribute a little instead of getting back thousands more than they paid in.
We can no longer afford to be an entitlement nation. I understand that there is many more programs that are abused but this one was just on my mind since it's tax season.

“You gotta stand for something”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#43 Jan 27, 2014
Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of the money you get is from others that are working hard and scraping by too! Where do you think that that money comes from, only the rich? NO It's welfare, you're not paying income tax by your own admission, we are paying it for you. Hope you've stopped reproducing. How do you expect to educate your children?
A lot of money? Bahaha! Did I specify a dollar amount? It's not a five number figure, I promise. It is offered so I take it, just like thousands of other parents. I did not anywhere say that I do not pay taxes. I said I work full time year round, and they take taxes out. I only get eitc every other year, due to only claiming my daughter every other year. I do claim my son every year. As far as being concerned about me reporducing or the education of my children, I find that very trolling. They are being educated well. My children are honor students, both in the youth group, and my daughter is a member of the national honor society and is looking at numberous scholarships. Everything I have goes to my children. So before you make another lame a$$ attempt to paint me out to be the old lady living in a shoe who steals from the government, think twice! I'm not that woman! Do you have children? Should I criticize them? And please, oh please tell me how you would refuse a tax break, which is not welfare, if it were offered to you!
idk

Greeneville, TN

#44 Jan 27, 2014
Not saying I would or wouldn't take it , but if I did I sure wouldn't get of a site like Topix and announce it to everyone. Some things are best left unsaid. Putting things on here just adds fuel to the fire.
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#45 Jan 27, 2014
i think anyone on government assistance of any kind if athey geat a tax return they should have to call the assistance programs and turn it in that they are getting a refund of any kind any government assistance program ask about any kind of income coming in or gifts of money or any other kind or way you receive money when you are on government assistance so the assistance programs should be notified a return is coming to you by your social secutity number a lot of people on assistance will not even turn it in
yes

Morristown, TN

#47 Jan 27, 2014
Actually they do ask for it in most cases. However they let them keep it because some need it to buy clothes for their kids or maybe pay a few extra bills to keep lights on or a roof over there head
itt

Greeneville, TN

#48 Jan 27, 2014
I'm sure that if given the opportunity that all of you good people would opt out of taking the tax credit. Right? Of course you would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raising our children to be racist 1 min Florida born 20
The numbers on Trump 1 hr Florida born 29
Is the TAX MAN getting ready to bring the hamme... 1 hr Binary 9
Ignoring God's WARNING! end time prophecies 1 hr Kohlrabi 13
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 1 hr The Law 51
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 9,765
Kathy lowery 4 hr Sheriff Larry 4
UN military vehicles invading Virginia are we n... 9 hr zombie 42

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web