School Board Budget $46.8M! Will resu...
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
new superintendent

Greeneville, TN

#457 Aug 12, 2014
doozies wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and my daughter were just talking today about how some of the teachers send their homework home because they don't have a clue how to work the problems. This will be the second year she will have to hire a tutor. Nolichuckey School has hired some real doozies.
The Mosheim schools have some real issues with teachers knowing what they are teaching too. Seems like that's happening more and more since the new Superintendent was hired.
gross negligence

Greeneville, TN

#458 Aug 12, 2014
new superintendent wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mosheim schools have some real issues with teachers knowing what they are teaching too. Seems like that's happening more and more since the new Superintendent was hired.
U have no idea. There's some teachers, if you can call them that, who get a pass into the classroom by principals intent to hire. It's really gross negligence on the principal's part and the school director's part. They can have low GPAs from college and not even teach what their degree is in. It's stealing the money of the taxpayers for good teachers and then just putting whoever they want into a classroom.
BOBICross

Greeneville, TN

#459 Aug 12, 2014
I do not eat canned processed meat products. Otherwise I am real.
say what

Greeneville, TN

#460 Aug 13, 2014
gross negligence wrote:
<quoted text>
U have no idea. There's some teachers, if you can call them that, who get a pass into the classroom by principals intent to hire. It's really gross negligence on the principal's part and the school director's part. They can have low GPAs from college and not even teach what their degree is in. It's stealing the money of the taxpayers for good teachers and then just putting whoever they want into a classroom.
Say what??????
stupidest thing ever

Greeneville, TN

#461 Aug 13, 2014
gross negligence wrote:
<quoted text>
U have no idea. There's some teachers, if you can call them that, who get a pass into the classroom by principals intent to hire. It's really gross negligence on the principal's part and the school director's part. They can have low GPAs from college and not even teach what their degree is in. It's stealing the money of the taxpayers for good teachers and then just putting whoever they want into a classroom.
Reading, writing and math shown to be flat in grade schools. Well is that a surprise to anyone? But of course we love our coaches don't we.
Banjo Knees

Charlotte, NC

#462 Aug 13, 2014
BOBICross wrote:
<quoted text>
I Googled "What does GCeene county spend per student per year" and "What does Greene County TN spend per student per year" Wasn't real difficult.
that wasn't the reason I asked. Your $5600 national average figure seems to be way off. Just curious as to where you found that figure.
Banjo Knees

Charlotte, NC

#463 Aug 13, 2014
LESS wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to understand tough times but, on the other hand, you cannot grasp that times are so hard that we may "have to" actually do without some of the things we have grown accustomed to. A lot of families are now down to one income households and that is through no fault of their own. So just how do you expect for these families to pay for services if those same services mean a tax increase? This would not be the first time in history that Americans have fallen on hard times and have pulled together with "what we have". The new insurance health laws are a disaster and many are having to pay more for their health care. So what do you propose, paying for their health care or paying to keep the convenience center open the same number of days a week, or paying for their health care or having a day less to do your business in town? We simply cannot afford to have it all and once you truly understand that, then maybe, just maybe, you will understand that Greeneville and Greene County are at a crossroads with the budgets of all the offices. Most of these offices have been overspending for years. THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH TO GO AROUND AND THAT MEANS BUDGETING ON LESS. The one area that burns me up is that I have to pay taxes regarding the county schools. We took our daughters out of the county schools and we are totally for vouchers. It is not at all fair for us to pay tax money to a school system that is failing in so many areas.
Sometimes doing without services ends up costing more. When I had to take an entire day off work and pay for gas to drive my teenager to Morristown for a driving test I wondered how much the decision to cut services at the drivers license center benefit our citizens. I realize that was at the state level, but same scenario. If they close convenience centers people will be driving longer distances two or three times weekly to get rid of their trash. Lets hope they have cars with good gas mileage.
it is true

Greeneville, TN

#464 Aug 14, 2014
Banjo Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes doing without services ends up costing more. When I had to take an entire day off work and pay for gas to drive my teenager to Morristown for a driving test I wondered how much the decision to cut services at the drivers license center benefit our citizens. I realize that was at the state level, but same scenario. If they close convenience centers people will be driving longer distances two or three times weekly to get rid of their trash. Lets hope they have cars with good gas mileage.
Such a drama queen! We take our grandmother everywhere she needs to go. Not because she is old and unable to drive, but because she can't afford a car and the upkeep. We are the average American households here in Greene County and we know how to budget by doing "without". I long for the days when we all worked and didn't whine about every little thing. Those were actually better days in my book. Back when neighbor helped neighbor and people didn't "expect" nor "want" the folks to be taxed to death to get some extras. You keep talking about trash, just be glad you have trash. My grandmother does not generate much "trash" because she gets by with so little. She sets a great example for our whole family and so did our grandfather before he passed. He often said we were becoming such a spoiled nation and it's true.
Banjo Knees

Niota, TN

#465 Aug 17, 2014
it is true wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a drama queen! We take our grandmother everywhere she needs to go. Not because she is old and unable to drive, but because she can't afford a car and the upkeep. We are the average American households here in Greene County and we know how to budget by doing "without". I long for the days when we all worked and didn't whine about every little thing. Those were actually better days in my book. Back when neighbor helped neighbor and people didn't "expect" nor "want" the folks to be taxed to death to get some extras. You keep talking about trash, just be glad you have trash. My grandmother does not generate much "trash" because she gets by with so little. She sets a great example for our whole family and so did our grandfather before he passed. He often said we were becoming such a spoiled nation and it's true.
drama queen? Interesting you see drama in my post, yet fail to see any in your own. Yes, I am probably the queen of learning how to do without. Also, I live in the city so closing convenience centers won't have an effect on me. I'm thinking of others here who may have to drive longer distances to throw away their trash. It's not just trash. County offices may look at closing early one or more days a week, or only working four day weeks. This will mean longer waits. I'm young. I can handle longer waits. However, Granny may find this difficult.
Bingo

Butler, TN

#466 Aug 17, 2014
Banjo Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
drama queen? Interesting you see drama in my post, yet fail to see any in your own. Yes, I am probably the queen of learning how to do without. Also, I live in the city so closing convenience centers won't have an effect on me. I'm thinking of others here who may have to drive longer distances to throw away their trash. It's not just trash. County offices may look at closing early one or more days a week, or only working four day weeks. This will mean longer waits. I'm young. I can handle longer waits. However, Granny may find this difficult.
Bingo!! No wonder you think county property owners should be happy to pay more taxes, you won't have to pay the increase. FYI city people love for the county to raise taxes- they get part of the money the tax increase generates. That's why the city hardly ever raises their taxes. They just live off the increased revenue generated by the county tax increase. By the way, "granny" isn't a respectful way to address our hard working seniors. The city is talking about charging for trash pick up, they will be glad to know you won't mind that tax.
figured out long ago

Greeneville, TN

#467 Aug 18, 2014
Banjo Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
drama queen? Interesting you see drama in my post, yet fail to see any in your own. Yes, I am probably the queen of learning how to do without. Also, I live in the city so closing convenience centers won't have an effect on me. I'm thinking of others here who may have to drive longer distances to throw away their trash. It's not just trash. County offices may look at closing early one or more days a week, or only working four day weeks. This will mean longer waits. I'm young. I can handle longer waits. However, Granny may find this difficult.
What a nasty and mean thing to say about "Granny". But on the other hand I'd say Granny probably out walk you anywhere. A little on the heavy side, right?
Tax the rich GOP

Jonesborough, TN

#468 Aug 18, 2014
The fix don't skimp on our childrens education the future .
Banjo Knees

Thomasville, NC

#469 Aug 20, 2014
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!! No wonder you think county property owners should be happy to pay more taxes, you won't have to pay the increase. FYI city people love for the county to raise taxes- they get part of the money the tax increase generates. That's why the city hardly ever raises their taxes. They just live off the increased revenue generated by the county tax increase. By the way, "granny" isn't a respectful way to address our hard working seniors. The city is talking about charging for trash pick up, they will be glad to know you won't mind that tax.
You do realize that the city is with the county limits, don't you? So if the county raises property taxes my property taxes also go up. I'm puzzled ad to why you thought I would be exempt from the county tax increase because I live in the city.
Banjo Knees

Thomasville, NC

#470 Aug 20, 2014
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!! No wonder you think county property owners should be happy to pay more taxes, you won't have to pay the increase. FYI city people love for the county to raise taxes- they get part of the money the tax increase generates. That's why the city hardly ever raises their taxes. They just live off the increased revenue generated by the county tax increase. By the way, "granny" isn't a respectful way to address our hard working seniors. The city is talking about charging for trash pick up, they will be glad to know you won't mind that tax.
Also, the city already does charge for trash pick up. It is included in the city taxes and you're absolutely right, I don't mind paying for that service. I don't expect anyone to haul away my trash for free. I appreciate the people who provide me this service.
Banjo Knees

Thomasville, NC

#471 Aug 20, 2014
figured out long ago wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nasty and mean thing to say about "Granny". But on the other hand I'd say Granny probably out walk you anywhere. A little on the heavy side, right?
Ha ha, although I'm not in the shape I used to be in I wouldn't consider that I'm on the heavy side. Quite the opposite. I credit my leanness to years of yoga and an over active thyroid gland. Granny may be able to out walk me on neighborhood roads. I was never one to enjoy running or walking for exercise on streets. Too hard on my joints. However a good hike or trail run is more my style.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The South Concedes 6 hr whothehellcares- 14
Us nitrogen 7 hr Kerri W 7
Joey Tweed (Jan '15) 7 hr Kerri 3
Anyone know where the iceberg swimming hole is 7 hr Kerri 5
The worst people who work for Comcare, Envision... 7 hr iknow 2
Tammy Thompson Pillar 8 hr Deeznuts 1
Matt Burkey 8 hr Deeznuts 11
Poll I like Obama for the following reason 9 hr Word 30
it is happening. we are next 9 hr whothehellcares- 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages