Man killed wife and self
Tennessee Worker

United States

#70 Sep 7, 2013
The current system pushes for community inclusion, regardless of the persons intellectual ability and in situations like James', criminal background. It is a disservice to the community and to the families,such as Amy's. This is only one story of failure within the state system,but many more exist. To the employees at GVDC, it has got to be frustrating to know that administration made you support an individual who was playing the system all so they could say," we have a success story" to the governor.
roxi from Nashville wrote:
I worked with James when he was at the Harold W. Jordan Center in Nashville and the system truly failedin this situation and continues to fail with the individuals that come through there doors. James was very manipulative and played the system to the hilt. He worked on CBDC's campus earning your tax dollars to spend on weed. Staff befriended him and when it came time for compentancy training he became duh again. Our Drs. found him competent then the courts said he wasn't and would never be. Ounce again the system failed Amy. This should've never happened, and all that clam to be Dennis's friends should've known he was not mentally challenged, knew right from wrong and should've been punished for his first murder and Amy would be here today.
ValleyHigh

United States

#71 Sep 7, 2013
Tennessee Worker wrote:
The current system pushes for community inclusion, regardless of the persons intellectual ability and in situations like James', criminal background. It is a disservice to the community and to the families,such as Amy's. This is only one story of failure within the state system,but many more exist. To the employees at GVDC, it has got to be frustrating to know that administration made you support an individual who was playing the system all so they could say," we have a success story" to the governor.<quoted text>
Boy if you didn't hit the nail on the head. It pissed a lot of us of for him to get a great job, a house and money to furnish it. All of us had to work for what we have and he had it all handed to him. What I don't understand is how staff got away dating him? Yuck!

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#72 Sep 7, 2013
Jenny H from the block wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously? Are you gonna defend a murder? Don't get upset when the truth is spoken. Hippa flew out the window about the time they allowed a "resident" to play the system, took him to get a license and a truck, let him live rent free, let him marry the girl who use to wipe his a*s, and allow him to continue to work @ GVDC with multiple felonys. Which would not fly for any of the rest of us. Also, it is illegal to marry
someone with mental challenges. So why get
pissed when people speak the truth? There's
nothin' to defend.:/
I agree with your post, except the illegal to marry part. Truth about that is that if he was found competent enough to live in society without supervision, drive a vehicle and finish school, chances are he's competent enough to say "I do". Simply being behind developmentally doesn't mean they cannot fall in love.... If that were the case, many people would never get married. Lol

“"One page at a time"”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#73 Sep 7, 2013
dog wrote:
He killed the wife then shot himself twice in the head
You mean he messed up and had to put another bullet in his head? What a loser!
ValleyHigh

United States

#74 Sep 7, 2013
GApeach-TNflower wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your post, except the illegal to marry part. Truth about that is that if he was found competent enough to live in society without supervision, drive a vehicle and finish school, chances are he's competent enough to say "I do". Simply being behind developmentally doesn't mean they cannot fall in love.... If that were the case, many people would never get married. Lol
This is one time Peach that you have no clue. He never should have been given that opportunities he was given. He was charged with 1st degree murder back in the early 90's in Knox and his lawyer uncle made him act mentally challenged. The state failed Amy. We all sat back and watched this so called success story end in a bloody mess.
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#75 Sep 7, 2013
Did not know either party involved but it takes two to tango, she obviously knew his history and what he was capable of but chose to get involved anyway. Sounds like the judicial system failed the people where he is concerned but her relationship with a known murderer falls completely on her shoulders.

“Cure 4 ignorance-> Knowledge!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#76 Sep 7, 2013
ValleyHigh wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one time Peach that you have no clue. He never should have been given that opportunities he was given. He was charged with 1st degree murder back in the early 90's in Knox and his lawyer uncle made him act mentally challenged. The state failed Amy. We all sat back and watched this so called success story end in a bloody mess.
I, too, have worked at GVDC... But I did not know him. You are right that I do not know the situation. I may have heard tell of it back then but I cannot recall it. My statement wasn't in support of anything he's done, believe me. I just meant that there isn't a law against mentally challenged marriages. There cannot be without embracing discrimination. I have a cousin that is in her mid 30's and should've never been allowed to marry nor reproduce in my opinion simply because she is mentally only 13/14. But, she is in her 2nd marriage and has 2 children which she is now not allowed to raise/see due to her medical/developmental disabilities. There probably should be restrictions or laws that require people to be more responsible with marriages and reproduction but sadly, there isn't. It's also a catch 22 for me. I have 2 children with special needs. 1 of which may be able to live and provide on his own at some point but my oldest, at best,(according to all research so far) will have a roommate, or live at home. So I have mixed feelings about it. However, if either were ever not capable of making a decision like marriage on their own, I, as their mother would take necessary steps to see that it didn't happen.
So, I do not disagree. I was just saying that there isn't a law against it. The clerks office is not trained to detect incompetence when they sell marriage certificates. I said myself the other day that once we hit puberty, everyone should have psych/developmental evaluations to determine who should be "fixed".... Lol

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#77 Sep 8, 2013
Kill yourself, fine... BUt when you take someone else's life you are a piece of dog sh&^t Hope he is burning today.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#78 Sep 8, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
Kill yourself, fine... BUt when you take someone else's life you are a piece of dog sh&^t Hope he is burning today.
WHEN I GET TO THE POINT TO KILL MYSELF WHICH WILL COME SOONER OR LATER, I'M TAKING SOME WITH ME!
ValleyHigh

United States

#79 Sep 8, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN I GET TO THE POINT TO KILL MYSELF WHICH WILL COME SOONER OR LATER, I'M TAKING SOME WITH ME!
That's the cowardly way to do it.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#80 Sep 8, 2013
ValleyHigh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the cowardly way to do it.
BE AS IT MAY, CAN'T WAIT TO GO!

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#81 Sep 8, 2013
It just pisses me out of my mind for some s.o.b. like this to kill not only himself, but his wife. And, you've got good people.. decent people that have never done anything wrong in their lives and they are fighting a medical condition like hell, just to live. IT's messed up and this stuff makes me angry theangryguy.
theangryguy

Greeneville, TN

#82 Sep 8, 2013
FriendofDog wrote:
It just pisses me out of my mind for some s.o.b. like this to kill not only himself, but his wife. And, you've got good people.. decent people that have never done anything wrong in their lives and they are fighting a medical condition like hell, just to live. IT's messed up and this stuff makes me angry theangryguy.
THAT'S GREENEVILLE FOR YOU! BESIDES, WHO ACTUALLY CARES?! PEOPLE DO NOT CARE A BOUT PEOPLE, NOT HERE!
alter ego

Midway, TN

#83 Sep 8, 2013
theangryguy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're alter ego?
Trilly

Monroe, NC

#84 Sep 8, 2013
Just saying I was raised to know right from wrong. I would not marry someone with a mental or criminal back ground. If you play with fire your gunna get burned .This is just a sad situation for both families.
carl edwards

Greenville, SC

#85 Sep 8, 2013
Trilly wrote:
Just saying I was raised to know right from wrong. I would not marry someone with a mental or criminal back ground. If you play with fire your gunna get burned .This is just a sad situation for both families.
When someone chooses to commit crimes--and note the keyword "CHOOSES"--we need to take that person out back behind the barn where the little kids can't hear their screams. Then we kick them in the balls and put a red-hot branding iron on their forehead. Mark them for life, so that everyone that crim will ever interact with will be full aware of what that person is: a criminal.

I read that in Florida (where most of the crazy people in the United States live) there are so many homeless ex-cons, the state is having to build hundreds of HUD complexes to house them all.

Wait, you get a free apartment if you're a criminal? All because your "criminal background" impacts your ability to get a job and earn a living?

Well, you know what! TOO BAD! If you can't get a job and pay for your own apartment all because of the choices you made, you can live under a bridge dummy.

America is a Christian nation. It is time we stop rewarding all of society's miscreants with free apartments, foodstamps, and privileges.
Trilly

Monroe, NC

#86 Sep 8, 2013
If you read the posts the girl took care of this guy at GVDC .
carl edwards

Charlestown, IN

#87 Sep 8, 2013
Trilly wrote:
If you read the posts the girl took care of this guy at GVDC .
I'm not concerned about her, and to tell you the truth I don't have any sympathy for her either. She knew exactly what she was dealing with, but for some inexplicable reason she decided to throw her common sense out the window and jump in bed with this guy. Guess what: in the end she got what was coming to her. We shouldn't be surprised when the universe equalizes both sides of the equation.

But what I said earlier still stands, criminals and people who are a danger to society need to be branded.

I want to know if the guy sitting next to me in the movie theater is a criminal or mental patient. I want to know if the person I am hiring is a criminal. We all have a right to know.

A lot of these people commit crimes, then they walk around scot-free.
yep

Houston, TX

#88 Sep 8, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not concerned about her, and to tell you the truth I don't have any sympathy for her either. She knew exactly what she was dealing with, but for some inexplicable reason she decided to throw her common sense out the window and jump in bed with this guy. Guess what: in the end she got what was coming to her. We shouldn't be surprised when the universe equalizes both sides of the equation.
But what I said earlier still stands, criminals and people who are a danger to society need to be branded.
I want to know if the guy sitting next to me in the movie theater is a criminal or mental patient. I want to know if the person I am hiring is a criminal. We all have a right to know.
A lot of these people commit crimes, then they walk around scot-free.
I doubt you're as holier than thou as you portray yourself. You could be a criminal or danger to society in real life so be careful what you wish for.
carl edwards

Charlestown, IN

#89 Sep 8, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you're as holier than thou as you portray yourself. You could be a criminal or danger to society in real life so be careful what you wish for.
I'm God's favorite christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A tat on a womans lower back means what? 1 hr Ugh 17
wicked step mothers (Mar '11) 1 hr Thankful 271
What's GVDC gonna turn into ? 1 hr Good Samaritan 21
ray long 2 hr hellonfoot 5
Old perverted men 2 hr The Warden 31
Pope honored 2 meat Trump 3 hr little ceasar 1
FAUXNews ...... again (sigh) 3 hr little ceasar 11
Impeach Donal Trump 4 hr little ceasar 9
Outsourcing? 12 hr Allbymyself 47

Greeneville Jobs