Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2013

“the former, 'blood'”

Since: Jan 13

here

#1 Jan 16, 2013
In the rush to control guns in this country, has anyone in or out of government given any thought to another cache of guns stashed throughout the country? These are firearms brought home by military vets, particularly from WW 1 & 2, and Korea. Some are U.S. government issue. Some are foreign-made liberated by our troops and brought home for souvenirs. All military issue, if maintained, those guns are still usable. My grandfathers both brought home such souvenirs. Unregistered, untraceable, they are still out there. Just thinking.
Gun owner

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
In the rush to control guns in this country, has anyone in or out of government given any thought to another cache of guns stashed throughout the country? These are firearms brought home by military vets, particularly from WW 1 & 2, and Korea. Some are U.S. government issue. Some are foreign-made liberated by our troops and brought home for souvenirs. All military issue, if maintained, those guns are still usable. My grandfathers both brought home such souvenirs. Unregistered, untraceable, they are still out there. Just thinking.
There are millions of guns in this country that were purchased before paperwork was required, and millions more before serial numbers were required.
country boy

Concord, NC

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Well when you got a dumb a for president what else would you expect. It's a sad day when your told what you can buy with your own money..
country boy

Concord, NC

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Lets vote another black in to run our country.
jessup

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jan 17, 2013
country boy wrote:
Well when you got a dumb a for president what else would you expect. It's a sad day when your told what you can buy with your own money..
Guess you're mad too that you can't buy a rocket launcher and a slave, right? Get real people!!!!
another country boy

Brentwood, TN

#6 Jan 17, 2013
jessup wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you're mad too that you can't buy a rocket launcher and a slave, right? Get real people!!!!
I don't have much use for a rocket launcher [at this time] but I wouldn't mind having a slave at the moment.
country boy

Locust, NC

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Hell we are all about to become his slaves..
For Real

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jan 17, 2013
If you look at the Founders' quotes, you see the reason for owning guns was not even remotely about personal protection or hunting. Guns were for protection of rights from an overreaching government.

I guess that means Founders' thought our guns were for avoiding governments like we have now.
DeadBeat

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
In the rush to control guns in this country, has anyone in or out of government given any thought to another cache of guns stashed throughout the country? These are firearms brought home by military vets, particularly from WW 1 & 2, and Korea. Some are U.S. government issue. Some are foreign-made liberated by our troops and brought home for souvenirs. All military issue, if maintained, those guns are still usable. My grandfathers both brought home such souvenirs. Unregistered, untraceable, they are still out there. Just thinking.
Define "are".
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
In the rush to control guns in this country, has anyone in or out of government given any thought to another cache of guns stashed throughout the country? These are firearms brought home by military vets, particularly from WW 1 & 2, and Korea. Some are U.S. government issue. Some are foreign-made liberated by our troops and brought home for souvenirs. All military issue, if maintained, those guns are still usable. My grandfathers both brought home such souvenirs. Unregistered, untraceable, they are still out there. Just thinking.
In a recent gun buy back in Conn a lady brought in a rare,very valuable(est at $40K)German Sturmgewehr 44 that was issued to SS officers only.That kinda stuff is out there but I figure they think the #'s are so small that they arent worth worrying about.Besides it's hard to regulate/confiscate something you dont know about.I have and have had some of the WWII era long guns and I enjoy shooting them but,with some exception,they cant hold a light to modern firearms so to me they arent much of a threat.

“the former, 'blood'”

Since: Jan 13

here

#11 Jan 18, 2013
scrounger wrote:
<quoted text>
In a recent gun buy back in Conn a lady brought in a rare,very valuable(est at $40K)German Sturmgewehr 44 that was issued to SS officers only.That kinda stuff is out there but I figure they think the #'s are so small that they arent worth worrying about.Besides it's hard to regulate/confiscate something you dont know about.I have and have had some of the WWII era long guns and I enjoy shooting them but,with some exception,they cant hold a light to modern firearms so to me they arent much of a threat.
My feeling is that if the guns are operable, they are potentially as lethal as an Ar-15. The numbers of those firearms out there are incalculable, just as another poster stated about U.S. guns sold pre-paperwork and pre-serial number. To my knowledge the situation has not been addressed in the rush to background checks and banning assault rifles.
scrounger

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>My feeling is that if the guns are operable, they are potentially as lethal as an Ar-15. The numbers of those firearms out there are incalculable, just as another poster stated about U.S. guns sold pre-paperwork and pre-serial number. To my knowledge the situation has not been addressed in the rush to background checks and banning assault rifles.
They also forgot to include a clause that would exclude ex police/mil from the proposed ban.They were in such a hurry to make some kind of presidence they made themselves look kinda dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mississippi gurl 145,868
Cody Freshour 2 hr TigGrrr 1
Michael Brobeck (Sep '11) 2 hr mee 99
pos men in greeneville 2 hr Tigger 3
buck garland 2 hr Tigger 7
Greeneville football 2 hr Good luck Greene ... 3
Escalation of the conflict in Eastern Ukraine i... 2 hr Kohlrabi 3
south greene football 4 hr dree 38
old men at greystone dump 4 hr garbage goat 15
Davis Street 6 hr Dr Wu 32
twested scissors 9 hr info 15
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••