County School Board Member

County School Board Member

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

Greeneville, TN

#2 Jun 1, 2013
Curious wrote:
How does a former Bartender and Bouncer get to be a County School Board Member? The answer I suppose is the same way a Psychopath gets elected to the Tennessee State Legislature. There must be some way of protecting our children and women from these types of people. How can the fox get into the hen house so easily in Greene County? Why put guards with guns in schools when the dangerous ones are already inside the building watching over the flock?
I have a very simple and truthful answer for you - the general public has 'given up' on the system. There is no honor in serving anymore. We are supposed to be governed by concerned and informed citizens who would step up as a civic duty. However, due to lack of interest, other activities occupying our time, public officials getting drug through the mud, etc.- qualified candidates simply do not step up. It is, after all, a thankless job which doesn't pay anything. Only if someone is motivated by self-pride or gets talked into it by a regular politician, such as Roger Jones in this case as he knew he could get cobble to just say 'yes' to whatever was on his agenda. Only a handful of our elected officials are in there for the 'right' reason - to help better our system. So we end up mostly with crap. Then we complain. But then we didn't encourage anyone who would have done a much better job. So it is our fault. Most of us don't even vote anymore. Sad commentary but the truth. We are going to have to energize the base, get off our keesters, find qualified candidates and support them by getting out there and promoting them to folks, encourage the public to inform themselves, get out and vote for a change. unless we do all this, nothing will change. Just like a computer that isn't functioning properly, we used to say 'garbage in, garbage out'. This is where we are and why.
observation

Greeneville, TN

#3 Jun 1, 2013
Curious wrote:
How does a former Bartender and Bouncer get to be a County School Board Member? The answer I suppose is the same way a Psychopath gets elected to the Tennessee State Legislature. There must be some way of protecting our children and women from these types of people. How can the fox get into the hen house so easily in Greene County? Why put guards with guns in schools when the dangerous ones are already inside the building watching over the flock?
I don't know who you are talking about on the school board, but I would think a bouncer and a bartender might be needed at the meetings.
You got it

Bristol, TN

#4 Jun 1, 2013
Yeah and he votes his son and daughter in law a raise and increased benefits any time he gets a chance- they both work for the school system!!!
Hmm

Bristol, TN

#5 Jun 1, 2013
You got it wrote:
Yeah and he votes his son and daughter in law a raise and increased benefits any time he gets a chance- they both work for the school system!!!
Which one is he?
so many

Greeneville, TN

#7 Jun 1, 2013
Just Guessing wrote:
He could be the one who attacked Kathy Austin his very first Commission Meeting, at least that was what was reported by the Greeneville Sun. He certainly has exhibited his bouncer skills, however, as far as productivity on the Commission, he and Hopson could go throw down a few and be more productive. I don't think he has convinced Austin yet to get out of the bar, maybe he needs to get a little more physical with her.
I just love the Johnson woman. Give um hell Ms. Johnson. Austin needs to run for Mayor or Commissioner at the least. I just admire her so for not backing down to the bullies. These two board members have the respect of so many. As for the bar, you must have her mixed up with the other board member. LOL.

Greeneville, TN

#8 Jun 1, 2013
cobble is the bartender who was chosen by roger jones. of course roger is leaving now that he has a paying job in knoxville. to bad he got fired from his local job. he and his wife are leaving the system. good ridance!
Trouble

Bristol, TN

#9 Jun 1, 2013
back to top wrote:
cobble is the bartender who was chosen by roger jones. of course roger is leaving now that he has a paying job in knoxville. to bad he got fired from his local job. he and his wife are leaving the system. good ridance!
they've been nothing but trouble to the school system. I hope he doesn't leave before he gets caught. There will be lots of people celebrating that day. Sometimes people stay too long and finally justice happens. That's my opinion.
old saying

Kingsport, TN

#10 Jun 1, 2013
What comes around goes around. Just maybe he has been caught. Hope he does better job in Knoxville than he did here only thing he did here was got Greene County deeper in debt. Glad he is leaving and good riddance.
whistleblower

Greeneville, TN

#12 Jun 2, 2013
You people fret way to much. All it takes is one whistleblower and now C Office will have one.
Tax payer

Bristol, TN

#13 Jun 2, 2013
whistleblower wrote:
You people fret way to much. All it takes is one whistleblower and now C Office will have one.
Only if they are willing to step forward and let the public really know what's going on in there. I hear out with the old and in with the new. New people are starting out making as much as the old going out. How can that be?
like she is

Greeneville, TN

#14 Jun 2, 2013
whistleblower wrote:
Kirk is nobody's friend. A backstabber in fact. She's throws her religion around like she is a good person. I have more respect for someone who is just who they are = even if you don't like them than someone who hides behind religion.
You got it

Bristol, TN

#15 Jun 2, 2013
like she is wrote:
<quoted text>
Kirk is nobody's friend. A backstabber in fact. She's throws her religion around like she is a good person. I have more respect for someone who is just who they are = even if you don't like them than someone who hides behind religion.
people like that are stumbling blocks for lost people. Pride comes before the fall.
Angry Parent

Midway, TN

#16 Jun 16, 2013
We need more Board Members like Johnson and Austin.
Over this topic

Greeneville, TN

#17 Jan 30, 2014
Angry Parent wrote:
No way!!! We need the exact opposite. I really hope Greene County steps up on Election Day.
secret

Greeneville, TN

#18 Jan 30, 2014
Johnson and Austin need to quit and become watchdogs for our community. We need some kind of parent group to visit schools and Central Office on a regular basis to help keep Kirk and others honest. I don't trust this bunch. Way too secret for my blood.
Over this topic

Greeneville, TN

#19 Jan 30, 2014
As much as Johnson fabricates stories, I'm not sure i would want her to be anything in my community.
notfromaroundher e1997

Ashburn, VA

#20 Mar 18, 2014
Angry Parent wrote:
I do not have a child in this school system. From what I've read about Ms. Austin, she seems pretty intelligent and like an independent thinker. Ms. Johnson scares me. She ran to be on the Board. Just reading about her actions, it seems she has a personal agenda. She goes behind the Board's back, tells private info to family members, and likes to be a hero to a select few without considering what's best for the school system as a whole. The one mom has had a questionable employed fired. The school system cannot cater to any one child.. And I have 4 kids and I know how they exaggerate and tell tales to try to please their parents and appear blameless. Plus, the one very angry mother is hurting her kid more than anything that may have happened at school. Take your kid to another school system, private school, and stop blaming the world for your problems. And there are scholarships and hardship grants at any level of private school. Take some personal action to make your kids life better & you won't have time to gossip about how everyone from Bush on down has ruined your life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 22 min BellaRosaLinda 9,744
Raising our children to be racist 22 min Booger_ Burns 2
ISIS & Muslim countries 23 min Binary 7
Mandy Fellers (Mar '13) 27 min jerry 58
Dear Telesha SCIARRA 41 min Telesha sciarra 12
Steven dunbar 43 min Lisa 26
LED lights 52 min BellaRosaLinda 4
who got shot on fish pond rd tonight 1 hr Retired 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages