|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>I said none of that...
Skillet Licker is a liar!!! Bah... What's a skillet licker anyway? Sounds dirty...
Anon

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
The relevance is because Galileo was brought up, and I was pointing out his understanding of Religion. Also, Galileo was educated at the Santa Maria di Vallombrosa Monastary (thus another connection between Science and Religion that the individual that stated that the "Church" was keeping Galileo from expounding his theories. It all comes to the fact that without Religion, Galileo wouldn't have even had the education to come up with those theories. There is your relevance junior.
so your saying that the church didn't hinder Galileo in anyway? If your saying that your a fool junior.
believer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

It's a story told a million times. Ends the same way every time. Holy men have studied it since it was written. Written and rewritten in all the versions. And still the greatest story ever told. It IS the Good Book.
Anon

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

believer wrote:
It's a story told a million times. Ends the same way every time. Holy men have studied it since it was written. Written and rewritten in all the versions. And still the greatest story ever told. It IS the Good Book.
go jump off a bridge. If someone hears a voice in their head they are NUTS! Religion is a neurological disorder.
itsjustme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>go jump off a bridge. If someone hears a voice in their head they are NUTS! Religion is a neurological disorder.
You're in the book. Guess we will have to wait for judgement day to understand who's right in this matter. Dress lightly. Could be hot. Bless your heart. Misguided opinions are one thing. Faith is entirely another.
Anon

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

itsjustme wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in the book. Guess we will have to wait for judgement day to understand who's right in this matter. Dress lightly. Could be hot. Bless your heart. Misguided opinions are one thing. Faith is entirely another.
right, you can't debate religion and fact. Why is believing in something absent in fact inherently good? Do you think if you were brought up being told jack and the beanstalk was religion and Jonah and the whale was a fairy tale you'd be defending one instead of the other? Don't judge me for being incapable of believing everything shocked down my throat as child. If I get to meet god I think he will be more pleases with me for good deads for the simple fact of good deads absent the promise of a heaven. Troglodytes.
Skillet Licker

Flat Rock, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
Skillet Licker is a liar!!! Bah... What's a skillet licker anyway? Sounds dirty...
You should be more worried over your mother's labia reduction surgery at this time.That should get her weight back to normal.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text> so your saying that the church didn't hinder Galileo in anyway? If your saying that your a fool junior.
Once again, not what I said. What I said was that without Religion Galileo would not have had the education to come up with his theories. You can't disprove that, just like you can't disprove the existance of God. Just like, in this life, I can't disprove the Big Bang. However, when you realize that Science and Religion are one in the same, you'll start seeing things in a much easier to understand light. Neither can be fully proven or disproven, you have to have faith in both. Yes, we can come up with theories that explain things, but if you honestly think that we will ever be able to prove everything, you're fooling yourself. We can't even understand how thoughts work with our current levels of science, but we know they happen...in some people at least.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>right, you can't debate religion and fact. Why is believing in something absent in fact inherently good? Do you think if you were brought up being told jack and the beanstalk was religion and Jonah and the whale was a fairy tale you'd be defending one instead of the other? Don't judge me for being incapable of believing everything shocked down my throat as child. If I get to meet god I think he will be more pleases with me for good deads for the simple fact of good deads absent the promise of a heaven. Troglodytes.
Believing in something that is absent in fact...hmmm, sounds like Faith is required. Kind of how you have faith in Evolutionary science, the beginning of the Universe, and all of those other things that Science says is true, but has no way to ever fully prove since it's not able to be replecated, right? Please understand, I'm not saying that I don't believe in Evolution, I do. I think animals adapt over time, but there are plenty of other "Sceintific" theories that have been disproven in history that people beleived as well. Theories, that I can assume that if you were there, you would have clung as close as possible to as well.

“from parts unknown”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

whothehellcares- wrote:
Yeah, I have always loved fairy tales...
Well most little children do. So what?
Anon

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, not what I said. What I said was that without Religion Galileo would not have had the education to come up with his theories. You can't disprove that, just like you can't disprove the existance of God. Just like, in this life, I can't disprove the Big Bang. However, when you realize that Science and Religion are one in the same, you'll start seeing things in a much easier to understand light. Neither can be fully proven or disproven, you have to have faith in both. Yes, we can come up with theories that explain things, but if you honestly think that we will ever be able to prove everything, you're fooling yourself. We can't even understand how thoughts work with our current levels of science, but we know they happen...in some people at least.
so they educated him enough to realize they where full of sh*t, and when he went counter to the church they hindered his studies. I win the Internet and without being long winded
saved

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
Why is this on the History Channel?? Lol it does not belong there!
because the BIBLE is the original history book! C'Mon have you no knowledge about the Bible. Beginning of the world and what not ... Hmm our world really has fell into ruins!!!
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

If there was a God he would not be jealous- which the Bible says is a sin. He would communicate with us. There is no reason not to. He wouldn't let babies die of cancer and little kids get shot in the face by the dozens and people starve to death all over the world. THIS is the imaginary God you worship....the one that will let you die in a car crash for no reason. There is no plan. We are all on our own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

139 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
JEB BUSH grew up Latino wet nurse 6 min Daddy too 6
1 Blessing From God 7 min cretin56 10
FAMILIES that vote REPUBLICAN never get ahead 8 min Rich do 7
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min WTSenior 138,475
'Duck Dynasty' star is coming to Newport 14 min Quack 22
Greeneville Post Office 14 min going postal 7
tonya carlton (May '13) 21 min curiousgeorge 7
suicide on viking mountain 1 hr mandowie 6
My favorite Greeneville Topix poster is 3 hr Trim BUSH 811
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000