Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#23 Apr 3, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you think Jesus is hot and you'd like to f*ck him... Yep, you're going to hell...
You are one ignorant human. You're parents are obvious failures.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#24 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion did none of that... if anything, religion has done nothing but hold us back.... Religion tells you how to think, the people that think for themselves have been the ones that have advanced us...
You do understand that without Religion, that scientific exploration would have basically stopped, right? Most scientific discoveries over the past centuries were either funded or directly supervised by the "Church." The Catholic church to be exact. So, that iPhone you love so much, that understanding of gravity that you have, and that food that was safe to eat, why don't you go on ahead and thank "Religion" for those. Because without it, you would be talking on a rock, and eating food that may or may not kill you.

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

#25 Apr 4, 2013
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably all you can comprehend little one. Now scoot on along before mommy blisters that little ass.
That sh!t was funny..
Anon

Jonesborough, TN

#26 Apr 4, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand that without Religion, that scientific exploration would have basically stopped, right? Most scientific discoveries over the past centuries were either funded or directly supervised by the "Church." The Catholic church to be exact. So, that iPhone you love so much, that understanding of gravity that you have, and that food that was safe to eat, why don't you go on ahead and thank "Religion" for those. Because without it, you would be talking on a rock, and eating food that may or may not kill you.
thats why Galileo was impeded by the church for his theorys that were counter to church? Dont spout off about history if you dont understand it.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#27 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
How did religion move us out of the caves...
Just let it go mister. Sounds like religion is just way over your comprehension level.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#28 Apr 4, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>thats why Galileo was impeded by the church for his theorys that were counter to church? Dont spout off about history if you dont understand it.
Exactly...

“Why So Serious...”

#29 Apr 4, 2013
Mrs Roberson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let it go mister. Sounds like religion is just way over your comprehension level.
I'll debate religion with you anytime you want... I have studied the bible my whole life... I wad raised Christian and still consider myself one... but within the last 5 or so years started really researching my religion and other religions and even mythology... a lot of what I have learned has made me question what I was brought up to believe... I'll go toe to toe with you on religion any day...
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#30 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...
Two physicists, Charles A. Coulson and Harold K. Schilling, both claimed that "the methods of science and religion have much in common." Schilling asserted that both fields—science and religion—have "a threefold structure—of experience, theoretical interpretation, and practical application." Coulson asserted that science, like religion, "advances by creative imagination" and not by "mere collecting of facts," while stating that religion should and does "involve critical reflection on experience not unlike that which goes on in science." Religious language and scientific language also show parallels (cf. Rhetoric of science)
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#31 Apr 4, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>thats why Galileo was impeded by the church for his theorys that were counter to church? Dont spout off about history if you dont understand it.
Galileo once stated "The intention of the Holy Spirit is to teach us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#32 Apr 4, 2013
skillet licker

Travelers Rest, SC

#33 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll debate religion with you anytime you want... I have studied the bible my whole life... I wad raised Christian and still consider myself one... but within the last 5 or so years started really researching my religion and other religions and even mythology... a lot of what I have learned has made me question what I was brought up to believe... I'll go toe to toe with you on religion any day...
How did you do your research?By a book someone wrote?How can you make something from nothing?Stick a m80 up a bullfrogs butt and light the fuse.Did it make 2 frogs? Big Bang theory don't hold water.
Only a fool says there is no God.
Anon

Jonesborough, TN

#34 Apr 4, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Galileo once stated "The intention of the Holy Spirit is to teach us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go
how is that relevant? dosent enforce the point you were trying to make, guess its hard to enforce a shite point.

and to those who judge my post as clueless or nuts or above your ignorant heads, go read a book...other than the bible

“Why So Serious...”

#35 Apr 4, 2013
skillet licker wrote:
<quoted text>How did you do your research?By a book someone wrote?How can you make something from nothing?Stick a m80 up a bullfrogs butt and light the fuse.Did it make 2 frogs? Big Bang theory don't hold water.
Only a fool says there is no God.
By reading many different sources... I never said there isn't a god, I just don't agree with what most churches teach, they are too hypocritical... I still read my bible, I've actually read the whole thing from beginning to end more than once, that's more than most "christians" can say....

I believe the big bang theory, I believe god made it happen... I believe in evolution, I believe god set it into motion...
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#36 Apr 4, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>how is that relevant? dosent enforce the point you were trying to make, guess its hard to enforce a shite point.
and to those who judge my post as clueless or nuts or above your ignorant heads, go read a book...other than the bible
The relevance is because Galileo was brought up, and I was pointing out his understanding of Religion. Also, Galileo was educated at the Santa Maria di Vallombrosa Monastary (thus another connection between Science and Religion that the individual that stated that the "Church" was keeping Galileo from expounding his theories. It all comes to the fact that without Religion, Galileo wouldn't have even had the education to come up with those theories. There is your relevance junior.
Skillet Licker

Travelers Rest, SC

#37 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
By reading many different sources... I never said there isn't a god, I just don't agree with what most churches teach, they are too hypocritical... I still read my bible, I've actually read the whole thing from beginning to end more than once, that's more than most "christians" can say....
I believe the big bang theory, I believe god made it happen... I believe in evolution, I believe god set it into motion...
So you get to choose the sources you like best?Seems to me you want to be your own God.If you don't get to make up your own conclusion then everything else is wrong.

“Why So Serious...”

#38 Apr 4, 2013
Skillet Licker wrote:
<quoted text>So you get to choose the sources you like best?Seems to me you want to be your own God.If you don't get to make up your own conclusion then everything else is wrong.
What...
SisterSinner

Greeneville, TN

#39 Apr 4, 2013
Will you all pray for my sole? Maybe you all can save me!

Oh wait. I don't buy any of it.

Guess I'm taking the highway to Hell.:)

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#40 Apr 4, 2013
SisterSinner wrote:
Will you all pray for my sole? Maybe you all can save me!

Oh wait. I don't buy any of it.

Guess I'm taking the highway to Hell.:)
You don't believe there is a Heaven and yet you believe there is a Hell? Such a "glass half empty" mindset... But to each their own! Awesome!
Skillet Licker

Travelers Rest, SC

#41 Apr 4, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
What...
You are saying there is a god that transformed you from an explosion,You morphed into an ape and then you transfigured to the sophisticated life form you are today.And he left you to roam the earth without any instruction?
I think your research is a lie.

“Why So Serious...”

#42 Apr 4, 2013
Skillet Licker wrote:
<quoted text>You are saying there is a god that transformed you from an explosion,You morphed into an ape and then you transfigured to the sophisticated life form you are today.And he left you to roam the earth without any instruction?
I think your research is a lie.
I said none of that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min WTSenior 149,030
GVDC is it cost effective or wasteful Governmen... 10 min Prefer 16
Linda Kirk + furniture... 21 min Taxpayer 2
Were u get your wifes wedding ring? 1 hr native 2
blonde girl at Dairy Queen in mosheim 1 hr been there done that 47
Where is the punk rock around this place? 1 hr DC shoes 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr steve 4,006
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 3 hr For Profit personal 10
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000