"The Bible" mini series

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Smitty

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Are you watching and enjoying this series?
asking

Johnson City, TN

#2 Mar 31, 2013
NO!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Mar 31, 2013
Yes. I'm taping it. It's real interesting.
Steve

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Great show. Nice to see something worthy of watching.
WTF

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Apr 1, 2013
I love that series. It's very informative. Barrabas is good too.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#6 Apr 1, 2013
Yeah, I have always loved fairy tales...
WTF

Elizabethton, TN

#7 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
That's probably all you can comprehend little one. Now scoot on along before mommy blisters that little ass.
Seriously

United States

#8 Apr 1, 2013
Why is this on the History Channel?? Lol it does not belong there!
Anon

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Apr 1, 2013
It's good for the sheep

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#10 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
Agree heartily!
really

Mohawk, TN

#11 Apr 1, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Why is this on the History Channel?? Lol it does not belong there!
The Bible is one of the most important books ever writen.It is our history ,all of our history.It does not matter if you beleave it or not.Your not beleaving does not in any way deminish its importance.Religion is the single most important thing that humanity has,it is the thing that moved us out of caves.It has shaped us into what we are and is the basis for all of our laws.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 1, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is one of the most important books ever writen.It is our history ,all of our history.It does not matter if you beleave it or not.Your not beleaving does not in any way deminish its importance.Religion is the single most important thing that humanity has,it is the thing that moved us out of caves.It has shaped us into what we are and is the basis for all of our laws.
Right on! I agree 100%

“Why So Serious...”

#13 Apr 1, 2013
How did religion move us out of the caves...
City Girl

Huntersville, NC

#15 Apr 1, 2013
I hope it is not wrong of me, and God forgive me if I'm wrong in saying this. But I think Jesus looks likes like Brad Pitt in Legends of The Fall!
City Girl

Huntersville, NC

#17 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you think Jesus is hot and you'd like to f*ck him... Yep, you're going to hell...
I never said any such thing. Apparently you can't read! I simply pointed out that I thought he resembles Brad Pitt.
really

Mohawk, TN

#18 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
How did religion move us out of the caves...
Religon made us look inside our selves and at the same time out side our on planet.It made us accontable for the things we do and the things we say,it made and still makes us look to the future and inspires us to create and to achive.If not for the thoughts of what made us, we would stagnate and die,there for the caves of the first humans were not enough.And religon of one kind or the other was the driving force that brought us out of those same caves.And it, to this day keeps us from moving back in them.

“Why So Serious...”

#19 Apr 1, 2013
City Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said any such thing. Apparently you can't read! I simply pointed out that I thought he resembles Brad Pitt.
You didn't say it, but you implied it...

“Why So Serious...”

#20 Apr 1, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Religon made us look inside our selves and at the same time out side our on planet.It made us accontable for the things we do and the things we say,it made and still makes us look to the future and inspires us to create and to achive.If not for the thoughts of what made us, we would stagnate and die,there for the caves of the first humans were not enough.And religon of one kind or the other was the driving force that brought us out of those same caves.And it, to this day keeps us from moving back in them.
Religion did none of that... if anything, religion has done nothing but hold us back.... Religion tells you how to think, the people that think for themselves have been the ones that have advanced us...
really

Mohawk, TN

#21 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion did none of that... if anything, religion has done nothing but hold us back.... Religion tells you how to think, the people that think for themselves have been the ones that have advanced us...
Religon makes us to think,at its core religon is us thinking of something outside our selves.You are so jaded and closed off you dont see it,its sad that you are that way.Religon gives us a set pattern to live our lives by,(no killing,no rape,do not steal,treat others as you want to be treated).These things make us better,all of us.Are you saying that these are things we should not live by?If so maybe you should do a little more thinking your self.
Anon

Charlotte, NC

#22 Apr 1, 2013
A the bible is not written by first hand accounts.
B it was written by men with the same flaws as we have today
C what else do we hang onto from the Bronze Age
D there were a handful of Jesus archetypes running around in that same time period
E the story of Jesus isn't a original story. All the way from Ra to Luke Skywalker
F if Jesus as you believe was here today I'd have to suspect he would put his palm I is face and sigh loudly.

I'm not making lite of your beliefs but facts are fact and the bible is fictitious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are u a son of the south 12 min CampCreeper 15
Jason Knight (Jul '13) 19 min curious 11
Flu shot 26 min Melissa1333 3
katelin Knight 27 min a man of god 2
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 33 min here now 152,478
Trash pickup fee 1 hr Taxpayer 1
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 4,573
get rid of Robert Sayne 8 hr resident 34
whorin around 8 hr heeler 13
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]