First Prev
of 8
Next Last
The Quoter

Jonesborough, TN

#153 Sep 30, 2013
And what does this mean? " The Lord was true to his word. Isaiah describes a punishment of Israel:“On the right, one man eats his fill but yet is hungry; on the left, another devours but is not satisfied; each feeds on his own children’s flesh, and neither spares his own brother.” Isaiah 9:20

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#154 Sep 30, 2013
I believe that even Hinduism is predated by Zoroastrianism, don''t recall where I picked up that tidbit but I think it's a truism. I guess I'll have to wait until I die and asked Zoroaster about it! LoL
The Quoter

Jonesborough, TN

#155 Sep 30, 2013
Killing babies is another method God uses to express his anger. The book of Psalms indicates that those inflicting this punishment can enjoy it. The book says about Babylon: “Happy is he who shall seize your children and dash them against the rock.” Psalm 137:8-9
The Quoter

Jonesborough, TN

#156 Sep 30, 2013
Although David was the one who committed premeditated murder, the son Bathsheba bore to him received the brunt of God’s punishment. God, in his infinite wisdom and justice, punished David by killing the baby. II Samuel 12:7-18

Isaiah says a similar punishment would be used against the Babylonians. He quotes the Lord as vowing that “infants will be dashed to the ground before their eyes.... I will stir up against them the Medes,... who have no pity on little children and spare no mother’s son....” Isaiah 13:15-18 Yeah.....nice god you have there.
The Quoter

Jonesborough, TN

#157 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be interested to hear your beliefs on evolution. According to your standard of reason, it can't be true. Why? No one has ever witnessed it. It can't be recreated in a lab. The fossil record doesn't support it. For it to exist, positive mutation, the adding of genetic information, would have to exist. Yet, the ONLY mutations ever witnessed are either negative, which is detrimental to the organism, or neutral such as a flu virus developing resistance to a vaccine. Now, evolutionary scientists argue that the latter is evolution, but it doesn't fit. Why? Because its still a flu virus. It didn't mutate into a higher class of organism. It simply cross mutated for survival purposes. If it gets cold out, I put on a coat. Common sense and genuine reason tells me that I didn't "evolve" the coat. I simply adapted to an adverse condition.
The secular world swallows up evolution because its an alternative that allows them escape the possibility of an all powerful God and the consequences there of. There is just as much, if not more scientific data that disproves evolution as there is that proves it. The more in depth we learn about the complexity of the individual cell; the more ridiculous the "evolutionary accident" becomes.
So 20 million year old bones dug up out of the Earth are not proof of evolution, you say. Ok. I would be interested in hearing your proof that god exist.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#158 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be interested to hear your beliefs on evolution. According to your standard of reason, it can't be true. Why? No one has ever witnessed it. It can't be recreated in a lab. The fossil record doesn't support it. For it to exist, positive mutation, the adding of genetic information, would have to exist. Yet, the ONLY mutations ever witnessed are either negative, which is detrimental to the organism, or neutral such as a flu virus developing resistance to a vaccine. Now, evolutionary scientists argue that the latter is evolution, but it doesn't fit. Why? Because its still a flu virus. It didn't mutate into a higher class of organism. It simply cross mutated for survival purposes. If it gets cold out, I put on a coat. Common sense and genuine reason tells me that I didn't "evolve" the coat. I simply adapted to an adverse condition.
The secular world swallows up evolution because its an alternative that allows them escape the possibility of an all powerful God and the consequences there of. There is just as much, if not more scientific data that disproves evolution as there is that proves it. The more in depth we learn about the complexity of the individual cell; the more ridiculous the "evolutionary accident" becomes.
You convienently forget or, more likely, simply can't conceive of the incredible IMMENSITY of Time.

Given enough Time, anything and everything can/will occur....maybe even old Yahweh is possible.
(ponders for a moment, shakes head)
Nah, possible....but still not very likely.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#159 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
...an all powerful God...
"An ALL POWERFUL god" who makes an awful lot of mistakes, bad judgements, and is petty and cruel.

Just because you want to believe in a big bully (did your father beat you but you still want his approval?), doesn't mean it's real.

It just means you have daddy issues.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#160 Sep 30, 2013
The Quoter wrote:
<quoted text> There has been and currently are many Gods. This quote encompasses all.
I agree. A "god" is a "god" is a "god."
All imaginary.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#161 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you nor "witch" have any clue about the Old Testament or the Bible in at all.
Raised Baptist. I know a good bit about the babble.
The difference is that I know what I am reading.
You just try to make excuses for it.
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Also, because something was dictated in the Bible doesn't mean God dictated it.
Oh? So it's NOT the "word of god?"
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text> You read "slave" and assume it is the same type of slavery as african slavery. Not even close. God strictly forbids the capture and forced slavery of anorher human being.
Wrong.
Slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the FOREIGNERS who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your PROPERTY, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The closest even possible comparison would be that of an indentured servant. One who voluntarily enters into slavery to pay a debt or simply to have a roof over their head and food to eat.
"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave.
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text> God also strictly forbidded that those slaves be treated with malice.
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own PROPERTY." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

So, what does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Absurd...
Yes, your belief in a myth is absurd.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#162 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods intention was always one man and one woman..hence Adam and Eve and not Adam and his many brides.

It's nice that you "know" what your imaginary superbeing thinks.
Funny how it is just what YOU think too.

[QUOTE who="Christ Is Lord"]<quoted text> I would love to give a class to atheists on the Old Testament...especially Leviticus. Its the only tired old argument they can cling to that God is "evil".
Most atheists know the babble far better than you do.
That's WHY we know it's a myth.

As for "evil," any being that would punish another being infinitely for the finite act of disbelief IS evil.
counter critter

Greeneville, TN

#163 Sep 30, 2013
For those who have questions about religion ( ironchariots.org ) is a great WIKI page.. Lots of info on religion

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#164 Sep 30, 2013
counter critter wrote:
For those who have questions about religion ( ironchariots.org ) is a great WIKI page.. Lots of info on religion
Interesting site! Thanks for sharing.
counter critter

Greeneville, TN

#165 Sep 30, 2013
Your welcome.
The Quoter

Jonesborough, TN

#166 Oct 1, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to you Christ the Lord?
raditz

Rock Hill, SC

#167 Oct 5, 2013
If you were truly satisfied with what you belived in (and this goes to all of you) you wouldn't feel the need to aruge it on a 10th rate message board

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shemp Sharpe = Tommy Bennett 2 min black n straight 42
Stephen Jennings 17 min curious 17
GHS Assistant Principal fired 38 min jeckylandhyde 53
[Bible Study] Two creation stories 40 min Augustine of Hippo 6
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 1 hr wow 7,913
Poll Y U dont play goff? 1 hr Shemp Sharpe 0
Poll What u gonna do Memoral Day? 1 hr Shemp Sharpe 0
tiptons 5 hr curious 34
Wreck in from of Gondiler 6 hr wow 22
More from around the web