“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#131 Sep 25, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Going by your present age,It may not be long before you find out.. Do write dear.
"Write?" No. The dead don't write...nor do they come back to life.
Save your *concern.*

Heaven would be boring. Yahweh praising day after day, year in year out..forever. I can't imagine much worse. Happily, it's not real.

As for Hell, it's not real either.

Please tell me why an omnipotent superbeing would give a rat's a$$ whether or not his little creations think he's real. If he can create planets with a spoken word (what does he use to make the sounds, by the way...no lungs, no vocal cords, no lips), what do the thoughts of mere humans matter.
Unless you are saying he is SO petty that he would punish someone infinitely for a finite offense.
Man, that IS petty.
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

#132 Sep 25, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Save your *concern.*
Heaven would be boring. Yahweh praising day after day, year in year out..forever. I can't imagine much worse. Happily, it's not real.
Please tell me why an omnipotent superbeing would give a rat's a$$ whether or not his little creations think he's real. If he can create planets with a spoken word (what does he use to make the sounds, by the way...no lungs, no vocal cords, no lips), what do the thoughts of mere humans matter.
Unless you are saying he is SO petty that he would punish someone infinitely for a finite offense.
Man, that IS petty.
You soooo nailed it! Most people don't THINK. They only know what their parents taught them. As you said and as I have said many times....it all depends on where you were born. And they are basing every second of their life to this? Seriously?
dropkikmejesus

Valrico, FL

#133 Sep 25, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Save your *concern.*
Man, that IS petty.
Your arguments sound so familiar were did you steal them? Knock knock
Historybuffer

United States

#134 Sep 25, 2013
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to figure out what was funny about that. Can someone explain please?
Your millions of years off....perhaps that's why someone thought it was funny.
It is usually a good idea to look to science for scientific answers and not the bible.
Historybuffer

United States

#135 Sep 25, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Where do they starve and live in tents?I'll tell you where. Countries that don't believe in God or have back slidden.Who does the molesting?Man...Who alters chemicals and puts them where they weren't intended? Man..If it wasn't for God fearing people,this place would be like Somalia..
Hello, cat turd. We meet again.
Islam is the state religion in Somalia, so they are god fearing people, they just call him by a different name.

Now if America wasn't a secular nation, and freedom of religion was not one of our constitutional rights, then this place would be like Somalia.
Historybuffer

United States

#136 Sep 25, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Where do they starve and live in tents?I'll tell you where. Countries that don't believe in God or have back slidden.Who does the molesting?Man...Who alters chemicals and puts them where they weren't intended? Man..If it wasn't for God fearing people,this place would be like Somalia..
Islam is the state religion of Somalia, so they are god fearing people, they just call him a different name than you.
If America was not secular nation and if freedom of religion was not one of our constitutional rights, then perhaps place would be like Somalia.
Cat Turd

Knoxville, TN

#137 Sep 26, 2013
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
Greene Apple

Lahore, Pakistan

#138 Sep 26, 2013
Honestly, I'm still on the fence as to whether we're the product of evolution or intelligent design but it seems those with no religious affiliation do present a much more formidable argument. I wish there were more insightful posts by Christians other than quoting bible verses or the standard 'don't question, just believe' rhetoric. Don't you feel passionate enough about your belief to present a rational, persuasive debate?

I enjoy your posts - aWitchintheWoods. We need more people like you here.(:

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#139 Sep 26, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text> Please tell me why an omnipotent superbeing would give a rat's a$$ whether or not his little creations think he's real. If he can create planets with a spoken word (what does he use to make the sounds, by the way...no lungs, no vocal cords, no lips), what do the thoughts of mere humans matter.
dropkikmejesus wrote:
<quoted text> Your arguments sound so familiar were did you steal them? Knock knock
Why don't you answer the question?
Oh...you have no answer. Right.
Perhaps you should steal one.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#140 Sep 26, 2013
Greene Apple wrote:
Honestly, I'm still on the fence as to whether we're the product of evolution or intelligent design but it seems those with no religious affiliation do present a much more formidable argument. I wish there were more insightful posts by Christians other than quoting bible verses or the standard 'don't question, just believe' rhetoric.
Don't you feel passionate enough about your belief to present a rational, persuasive debate?
"Believers" cannot be rational. Religion denys logic.
Faith is based on personal subjective experience.
If there were any kind of proof, then it wouldn't need "faith" anymore.
Greene Apple wrote:
I enjoy your posts - aWitchintheWoods. We need more people like you here.(:
Thank you, Greene.:)
Cat Turd

Knoxville, TN

#141 Sep 26, 2013
Páter nóster, qui es in cáelis, sanctificétur nómen túum. Advéniat régnum túum. Fíat volúntas túa, sícut in cáelo et in térra.
Pánem nóstrum quotidiánum da nóbis hódie, et dimítte nóbis débita nóstra, sícut et nos dimíttimus debitóribus nóstris. Et ne nos indúcas in tentatiónem: sed líbera nos a málo. Amen.
rabid robot

Gloucester, UK

#142 Sep 30, 2013
Seriously wrote:
If you can't even get the beginning correct... And you do know that if you go by the Bible then we are all descendants of incest right? And no one was married either.
Incestuous relationships are prevalent and common place amongst residents of the southern Appalachian region of the country. Could they be taking their bible studies far too literally? Genetic abnormalities, mental retardation, etc.
Cat turd

Maggie Valley, NC

#143 Sep 30, 2013
Pai Nosso, que estais nos Céus,
Santificado seja o Vosso nome.
Venha a nós o Vosso reino,
Seja feita a Vossa vontade
Assim na Terra como no Céu.
O păo nosso de cada dia nos dai hoje.
Perdoai-nos as nossas ofensas
Assim como nós perdoamos a quem nos tem ofendido
E năo nos deixeis cair em tentaçăo
Mas livrai-nos do mal.
Amén.
Cat turd

Maggie Valley, NC

#145 Sep 30, 2013
Mi Atyánk, aki a mennyekben vagy,
szenteltessék meg a Te neved,
jöjjön el a Te országod,
legyen meg a Te akaratod
amint a mennyben,úgy a földön is.
Mindennapi kenyerünket add meg nekünk ma,
és bocsásd meg vétkeinket,
miképpen mi is megbocsátunk az ellenünk vétkezőknek,
és ne vígy minket kísértésbe,
de szabadíts meg a gonosztól.
Ámen
Christ Is Lord

Smartt, TN

#146 Sep 30, 2013
The Quoter wrote:
“Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to.... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked.... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?” Epicurus
Haha...love this misused quote. Epicurus wasn't referring to Jehaova God, the God of the Jews. He was referring to the gods of mythology recognized in ancient greek and roman times. Epicurus probably never came into contact with a Jew and certainly not a christian.

Also, Epicurus actually believed in those greek and Roman gods. However, he felt that humanity was ignorant to believe that those gods had any interest in mankind or that they intervened in any way with humanity.
Christ Is Lord

Smartt, TN

#147 Sep 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believers" cannot be rational. Religion denys logic.
Faith is based on personal subjective experience.
If there were any kind of proof, then it wouldn't need "faith" anymore.
<quoted text>
Thank you, Greene.:)
I'd be interested to hear your beliefs on evolution. According to your standard of reason, it can't be true. Why? No one has ever witnessed it. It can't be recreated in a lab. The fossil record doesn't support it. For it to exist, positive mutation, the adding of genetic information, would have to exist. Yet, the ONLY mutations ever witnessed are either negative, which is detrimental to the organism, or neutral such as a flu virus developing resistance to a vaccine. Now, evolutionary scientists argue that the latter is evolution, but it doesn't fit. Why? Because its still a flu virus. It didn't mutate into a higher class of organism. It simply cross mutated for survival purposes. If it gets cold out, I put on a coat. Common sense and genuine reason tells me that I didn't "evolve" the coat. I simply adapted to an adverse condition.

The secular world swallows up evolution because its an alternative that allows them escape the possibility of an all powerful God and the consequences there of. There is just as much, if not more scientific data that disproves evolution as there is that proves it. The more in depth we learn about the complexity of the individual cell; the more ridiculous the "evolutionary accident" becomes.
Christ Is Lord

Smartt, TN

#148 Sep 30, 2013
Seriously wrote:
And then verses like this.... At God’s command, the Israelites made war on Midian, slew all the men, and burned their cities.Numbers 31:7-12 Moses was angry, however, because they had spared the women and children.
So he ordered the soldiers to “kill every male dependent, and kill every woman who has had intercourse with a man, but spare for yourselves every woman among them who has not had intercourse.” Numbers 31:14-18 Shortly thereafter, God gave Moses instructions for distributing the captive virgins among the fighting men and the community. Numbers 31:25-47
Neither you nor "witch" have any clue about the Old Testament or the Bible in at all. The atheist argument is to pull a few convenient verses out to fit yoir argument without studying the entire context. Also, because something was dictated in the Bible doesn't mean God dictated it. Even Godly men in the Bible made decisions, some wrong and some right, without God's direction.

You read "slave" and assume it is the same type of slavery as african slavery. Not even close. God strictly forbids the capture and forced slavery of anorher human being. The closest even possible comparison would be that of an indentured servant. One who voluntarily enters into slavery to pay a debt or simply to have a roof over their head and food to eat. God also strictly forbidded that those slaves be treated with malice.

God hates war. But He also has the complete understanding that the only complete victory is one that leaves no loose ends to rise up and create yet another war. It seems harsh to us because our understanding of death is entirely opposite of Gods view. For Him, the dead are simply entering a transitioal phase. To us...it means the end.

The survivors of a conquered nation entered into slavery voluntarily. Why? They had nowhere else to go. Gods command is that the victors accept them and distribute them properly. The women could wed or enter into a concubine relationship voluntarily. Any man the forced sexual exploitation on them was in direct conflict with Gods word.

One popular belief is that God condoned multiple marriages. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Gods intention was always one man and one woman..hence Adam and Eve and not Adam and his many brides. Even some of Gods greatest men had to learn the hard way about taking multiple brides.

The mistake in thought is that the men God chose to do His work were sinless or perfect. Not at all. Everyone is with sin. God used these men to accomplish His will even in their own sinful states. Multiple wives, greed, murder, etc are all sins. But sin only holds us back, not God. It didn't then and it doesn't now.

I would love to give a class to atheists on the Old Testament...especially Leviticus. Its the only tired old argument they can cling to that God is "evil". Problem is, its like reading two pages in the middle of Gone With the Wind and claiming you know what the whole book is about. Absurd...
Cat turd

Maggie Valley, NC

#150 Sep 30, 2013
that crazy Church lady wrote:
You people who question Jehovah make me sick! Come by my church and handle some rattlers or copperheads, drink some poison and do a few other things that test your faith if you dare. You blasphemers would be smote! hdiuh jsuiud iosid iosdd kayuc tooob jidx iizic jsxdfdf fdfv uhufoz duhusd!!!
What a joke.
The Quoter

Johnson City, TN

#151 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha...love this misused quote. Epicurus wasn't referring to Jehaova God, the God of the Jews. He was referring to the gods of mythology recognized in ancient greek and roman times. Epicurus probably never came into contact with a Jew and certainly not a christian.
Also, Epicurus actually believed in those greek and Roman gods. However, he felt that humanity was ignorant to believe that those gods had any interest in mankind or that they intervened in any way with humanity.
There has been and currently are many Gods. This quote encompasses all.
The Quoter

Johnson City, TN

#152 Sep 30, 2013
Christ Is Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you nor "witch" have any clue about the Old Testament or the Bible in at all. The atheist argument is to pull a few convenient verses out to fit yoir argument without studying the entire context. Also, because something was dictated in the Bible doesn't mean God dictated it. Even Godly men in the Bible made decisions, some wrong and some right, without God's direction.
You read "slave" and assume it is the same type of slavery as african slavery. Not even close. God strictly forbids the capture and forced slavery of anorher human being. The closest even possible comparison would be that of an indentured servant. One who voluntarily enters into slavery to pay a debt or simply to have a roof over their head and food to eat. God also strictly forbidded that those slaves be treated with malice.
God hates war. But He also has the complete understanding that the only complete victory is one that leaves no loose ends to rise up and create yet another war. It seems harsh to us because our understanding of death is entirely opposite of Gods view. For Him, the dead are simply entering a transitioal phase. To us...it means the end.
The survivors of a conquered nation entered into slavery voluntarily. Why? They had nowhere else to go. Gods command is that the victors accept them and distribute them properly. The women could wed or enter into a concubine relationship voluntarily. Any man the forced sexual exploitation on them was in direct conflict with Gods word.
One popular belief is that God condoned multiple marriages. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Gods intention was always one man and one woman..hence Adam and Eve and not Adam and his many brides. Even some of Gods greatest men had to learn the hard way about taking multiple brides.
The mistake in thought is that the men God chose to do His work were sinless or perfect. Not at all. Everyone is with sin. God used these men to accomplish His will even in their own sinful states. Multiple wives, greed, murder, etc are all sins. But sin only holds us back, not God. It didn't then and it doesn't now.
I would love to give a class to atheists on the Old Testament...especially Leviticus. Its the only tired old argument they can cling to that God is "evil". Problem is, its like reading two pages in the middle of Gone With the Wind and claiming you know what the whole book is about. Absurd...
What does this verse mean? "God causes cannibalism. According to the book of Leviticus, he promises that if the Israelites disobey him:“I myself will punish you seven times over for your sins. Instead of meat you shall eat your sons and your daughters.” Leviticus 26:27-29

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey barbie™ got your ears on?? 4 min Iliketogofast 8
Young people today have no shame 24 min WOW 6
A/C on 33 min Lovethecold 1
I.Q. of average Trump supporter 48 min TGFlabog 35
Fair grounds 51 min TGFlabog 2
Florida shooter 1 hr Christopher Reeve 83
"MOTHERS," Who Are "NOT" Mothers! You Know The ... 1 hr snickers 7
Walmart stabbing 13 hr Old school 8

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web