“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#110 Sep 23, 2013
But seriously, the bible is nothing more than a collection of myths and a bit of quasi-history of the Hebrew tribes.

If you are a bunch of primitive Hebrew tribesmen and want to justify attacking the neighboring (non-Hebrew) tribes to take their livestock, land, and women/children for slaves, what's better than saying "I've got the best god around and he says to do it because they are worshipping the *wrong* god!"

Amoral behavior? Nawww, Yahweh said it was ok.
Proof that Yahweh said it? Nawww, you'll just have to take our word for it.

It's past time to get rid of the foolish superstitions of religion.
Time to grow up and take responsibility for ourselves.
No more imaginary parental figure.
gluten free

Germany

#111 Sep 23, 2013
I've read the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and even that weird Book of Mormon and there's one underlying concept...God can be very selfish, cruel, angry and unforgiving. That's from the written words that he supposedly spoke to a chosen few. But then we're taught in churches, synagogues, mosques, etc. that God is all about giving, gentleness, kindness and forgiveness. I guess it's confusing sometimes to read one thing and then be taught the exact opposite. Is God emotional like us then?
Cat Turd

Maryville, TN

#112 Sep 23, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text> "Copy and paste doesn't interest me." Cat Turd LMAO!!~
Nita Bible?
Cat Turd

Maryville, TN

#113 Sep 23, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text> "Copy and paste doesn't interest me." Cat Turd LMAO!!~
I see that you are still lurking.
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

#114 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Nita Bible?
Nope. I have heard of her on here but I have no idea who she is and I am def not her. And from your answers on this post and many others, you def are not a good person.
Cat Turd

Smartt, TN

#115 Sep 24, 2013
Thank you..You can tell the truth now.A dog always returns to his vomit.
Seriously

United States

#116 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
Thank you..You can tell the truth now.A dog always returns to his vomit.
Its hilarious how you keep proving my point. Lol. You are setting such a good christian example.
theangryguy

Knoxville, TN

#117 Sep 24, 2013
ANSWER ME THIS! IF THERE WAS A GOD AS SOME OF YOU SAY, WHY DOES HE LET BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE? WHY IS THERE SO MANY DIFFERENT RELIGIONS IF THERE IS ONLY 1 GOD? WHY WOULD HE CAST US IN FIRE OR TAKE ONE OF OUR LOVED ONES AWAY IF HE SO MERCIFUL? DON'T TELL ME THAT IT IS TO MAKE US STRONGER, THAT'S BULLSHIT AND I COULDN'T GET ANY STRONGER AFTER 30 YEARS OF HELL!
Chi Girl

Phitsanulok, Thailand

#118 Sep 24, 2013
I think many, rather than say what they really feel or express any real doubts, fall into lock step with what society has deemed as the "truth". Or as an insurance policy...I can do as I please, right or wrong, in my daily life but as long as I pray for forgiveness and attend church, I'll avoid hell.
Cat Turd

Smartt, TN

#119 Sep 24, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text> Its hilarious how you keep proving my point. Lol. You are setting such a good christian example.
Thank you.
Seriously

Greeneville, TN

#120 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
You do know that King James - as in the King James Version - was a gay man right?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#121 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>You winch, had better be glad your not in Iran making fun of the Koran.
"Winch?" Why "winch?" I am not a "lifting machine: a machine for lifting loads by means of a rope or chain that is wound around a cylinder turned by an engine or by hand."

Perhaps you meant "wench" (1.servant girl: formerly, a girl or young woman who worked at a paid job, usually as a servant or on a farm
2.offensive term: an offensive term for a prostitute or a woman who is regarded as sexually promiscuous)?
You would be incorrect again as I am neither a servant, young, or sexually promiscuous. At 66, I am none of these things.

Or maybe you just misspelled "witch?"

Anywhoooo....., I am indeed happy to be living in a country where there is freedom of and freedom FROM the horrors of religion.
But the superstitious beliefs of religion should definitely be ridiculed wherever in the world it rears its ugly head.

As Stevie Wonder sang, "When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way."

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#122 Sep 24, 2013
Chi Girl wrote:
I think many, rather than say what they really feel or express any real doubts, fall into lock step with what society has deemed as the "truth". Or as an insurance policy...I can do as I please, right or wrong, in my daily life but as long as I pray for forgiveness and attend church, I'll avoid hell.
I think you are exactly right.
They go with the "ignorance is bliss."
Religion says that it has all the answers one needs, so stop looking.
Unfortunately that leads to an ignorant population.
Cat Turd

Smartt, TN

#124 Sep 24, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Winch?" Why "winch?" I am not a "lifting machine: a machine for lifting loads by means of a rope or chain that is wound around a cylinder turned by an engine or by hand."
Perhaps you meant "wench" (1.servant girl: formerly, a girl or young woman who worked at a paid job, usually as a servant or on a farm
2.offensive term: an offensive term for a prostitute or a woman who is regarded as sexually promiscuous)?
You would be incorrect again as I am neither a servant, young, or sexually promiscuous. At 66, I am none of these things.
Or maybe you just misspelled "witch?"
Anywhoooo....., I am indeed happy to be living in a country where there is freedom of and freedom FROM the horrors of religion.
But the superstitious beliefs of religion should definitely be ridiculed wherever in the world it rears its ugly head.
As Stevie Wonder sang, "When you believe in things you don't understand, then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way."
At 66?Your old carcass is ready to meet it's maker anyway.You better pray for salvation.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#125 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>At 66?Your old carcass is ready to meet it's maker anyway.You better pray for salvation.
You can't frighten me with your myth.
Death is the natural ending of living.
Nothing to fear.

And, as for praying for me.....
I would rather you didn't.
The thought of you on your knees, rubbing your sweaty palms together, muttering to yourself and thinking of me is ...well....creepy.
Cat Turd

Smartt, TN

#126 Sep 24, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't frighten me with your myth.
Death is the natural ending of living.
Nothing to fear.
And, as for praying for me.....
I would rather you didn't.
The thought of you on your knees, rubbing your sweaty palms together, muttering to yourself and thinking of me is ...well....creepy.
Better read that post again Broom Hilda.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#127 Sep 24, 2013
Anne wrote:
How come most of the world worships God and his son Jesus Christ then? Is everybody in the world stupid except you? I'll pray for you tho.
Most people are foolish and intellectually lazy so they continue to believe whatever they were told as children.
If you had been born in the Middle East, you would be a Muslim.

Religions tell you that "someone" loves and cares about you.
Religions tell you that you don't have to die.
Of course people want to believe these things.
I makes them feel better.
It's understandable. Not true...but understandable.

"Everybody?" LOL! There are far more atheists, agnostics and heathens in the world than you think.

Oh, by the way.... the "don't pray for me" remark in my previous post was for you.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#128 Sep 24, 2013
gluten free wrote:
I've read the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and even that weird Book of Mormon and there's one underlying concept...God can be very selfish, cruel, angry and unforgiving. That's from the written words that he supposedly spoke to a chosen few. But then we're taught in churches, synagogues, mosques, etc. that God is all about giving, gentleness, kindness and forgiveness. I guess it's confusing sometimes to read one thing and then be taught the exact opposite. Is God emotional like us then?
Yes, the biblical "god" is exactly like humans...petty, vengeful, demanding, insecure, cruel, vain, jealous, etc... which should be your first clue as to who created him.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#129 Sep 24, 2013
Cat Turd wrote:
<quoted text>Better read that post again Broom Hilda.
Already got it. YOU think *I* should pray.
Ridiculous. I don't need "saving" from anything.
Cat Turd

Smartt, TN

#130 Sep 24, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the biblical "god" is exactly like humans...petty, vengeful, demanding, insecure, cruel, vain, jealous, etc... which should be your first clue as to who created him.
Going by your present age,It may not be long before you find out.. Do write dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Another K9 Cop Dog Dead! 5 min Old Sheldon 35
Park Overall 30 min Lance Corporal Bubba 36
Girls, do you really like being spanked? (Dec '10) 4 hr Spankenema 195
Ethan Mullins seen suckin a guy at the dam 5 hr Terry 1
Women beater 5 hr Fenux Rain 9
Landlords--who are the good ones and who are th... (Mar '10) 6 hr Sheltons 36
Pos sperm donors 6 hr How it is 34
New Water Park! Waste of Tax Dollars! 6 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 30
robin quillen leaves meeting 14 hr Tenusce 25
Property Tax Increase 17 hr dah 59