New Life Coming For Flag

May 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Greenville Sun

Sun Photo by O.J. Early At the direction of owner Scott M. Niswonger, the first steps were taken this morning in a process designed to repaint, repair and relight the long-familiar electrical U.S. flag atop the former First National Bank building in downtown Greeneville.

Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Jul 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Anyone want to wager against the restored flag 'miraculously' debuting on 07/04/13?
Pat Riott

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
Anyone want to wager against the restored flag 'miraculously' debuting on 07/04/13?
Would that be offensive to you?

BUFFALO, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Pat Riott wrote:
<quoted text>Would that be offensive to you?
No, not all. I welcome the flag's restoration. Just noting how quickly the project is moving along, seemingly with no advance notice. July 4 would be a great debut.

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

It's strange. I remember the flag when it was lit. I have specific memories of driving downtown and seeing it. But I never noticed that it was not lit until I read the article. I think it will be a welcome addition back to downtown.
lilli vanessi

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

OUTLAW RACER wrote:
Greeneville: An American Town, the Fourth of July celebration brought to you (sponsored) by Landair. America the Beautiful, my favorite song. No, I will not wager against the date of the miracle restoration you name even though I am a betting man.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I heard it was going to be changed to a Mexican flag. It is true?
Tom Thumb

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

lilli vanessi wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeneville: An American Town, the Fourth of July celebration brought to you (sponsored) by Landair. America the Beautiful, my favorite song. No, I will not wager against the date of the miracle restoration you name even though I am a betting man.
I would rather see renovations to the bulidings he owns downtown than the flag.
Walters State

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Put the people at Walters State in charge of the sign and their hired "expert historians" will conclude that the sign and building have no importance and that Greeneville will grow if the sign and bank building are removed to make a park and flower bed.
Arlo

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Walters State wrote:
Put the people at Walters State in charge of the sign and their hired "expert historians" will conclude that the sign and building have no importance and that Greeneville will grow if the sign and bank building are removed to make a park and flower bed.
It would look better than what is there.
Jesse

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Arlo wrote:
<quoted text>It would look better than what is there.
I agree! The whole downtown looks like crap! Even the General Morgan is starting to go down.
mr obvious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mrs Roberson wrote:
No...well, not at first. That will come a little later after they (Mexicanos) are offended
I want to marry my man

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mrs Roberson wrote:
No, it will be a rainbow flag, and gay marriages will be performed at the Courthouse under the waving flag. Yippeee!!!
Allen Gap

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Another topic ending up as a way to bash mexicans and gays. No matter what the subject, the ignorant in Gville always change the subject to include gay and mexican hating. What are you so afraid of????
mr obvious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Allen Gap wrote:
Another topic ending up as a way to bash mexicans and gays. No matter what the subject, the ignorant in Gville always change the subject to include gay and mexican hating. What are you so afraid of????
Gays and Mexicans...duh!
I M Afraid

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Allen Gap wrote:
Not gay Mexicans, because I've never seen one.
WTH

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Allen Gap wrote:
Oh shut that pie hole.
lilli vanessi

Bennettsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Walters State wrote:
But remember that Mr NiceWLandair hissef is behind the Educational Corridor Development Koncept. Walters State (State of the Art Demolition) only does his bidding. Re the bank bldg, which is/was the NiceW proposed entrepreneur center, entrepreneurs are surely bound to move in any day now. But owners/landlords can be choosers, and teardowns are the rage, so he may tear it down before the flag waving entrepreneurs relocate to his choice Main Street location. Whatever brings money to Main Street. Don't ask how it brings money to Main Street, just make like a banker and say Whatever brings money to Main Street.
mr obvious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I M Afraid wrote:
<quoted text>Not gay Mexicans, because I've never seen one.
I believe Allen is a gay Mexican

BUFFALO, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Allen Gap wrote:
The exact descriptions are HOMOPHOBIA and XENOPHOBIA! And the beat goes on!
Just me

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Waste of money and it looks stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••