Dr. Locklear busted!!!
Really

Parrottsville, TN

#44 Jun 12, 2013
It's about time
white dolemite

Greeneville, TN

#45 Jun 12, 2013
He prolly gotta lotta head from the pill junkies for suboxone. tryin to be a pimp and got caught up in his own game. dangggg.
Questionl

Greeneville, TN

#46 Jun 12, 2013
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>. He didn't get caught stealing or oxy it was for crack
Comparing the bond for two different local cases...
Nurse

United States

#47 Jun 12, 2013
I don't disagree, addiction is a major problem, but as a society we need to stop sugar coating the treatment of those who get caught up. That is why many relapse again and again, we are too accepting. Further, a doctor should know better than to smoke crack. It is really hard to feel sorry for him, although I hope he realizes what he's done and never touches drugs again. And back to the pill issue, if doctors treated pain with derivatives of marijuana, there would be no addiction issues.
Was there

Greeneville, TN

#48 Jun 12, 2013
Girl wrote:
He has not worked for Takoma in over 2 years. He was fired from there for various reasons. He has since opened his own practice and works at suboxone clinics.
Maybe he opened his own practice, but still listed tonight as a Takoma doc
Friend

Johnson City, TN

#49 Jun 12, 2013
Nurse wrote:
I don't disagree, addiction is a major problem, but as a society we need to stop sugar coating the treatment of those who get caught up. That is why many relapse again and again, we are too accepting. Further, a doctor should know better than to smoke crack. It is really hard to feel sorry for him, although I hope he realizes what he's done and never touches drugs again. And back to the pill issue, if doctors treated pain with derivatives of marijuana, there would be no addiction issues.
I am sorry he made this really bad choice for his life. He was a very good doctor to my husband and me since he first arrived in Greeneville. We didn't know him on a social level, but he felt like a dear friend because he had been my physician for so long. I guess about 14 years. I have noticed a slow decline for a little while. I don't know what caused him to make this choice. Maybe it was pain, maybe it was money issues. I don't know--it was terribly wrong, but I will never forget the kindness and good care he provided for me and my husband. I hope he gets help and gets to practice again someday, because good, caring physicians are to find and he was this to many people before he got messed up with this stuff. I, myself, will praying that he learns a lesson and comes out better on the other side. We don't know what his issues were and I don't sit in judgement of this man. That's up to the judge and God.
Just me

Cherryville, NC

#50 Jun 12, 2013
Nurse....you need to go back to school and listen really really well on the topic of addiction because you don't have a clue of what it is. And yes, I speak from education and experience.

Since: Dec 12

Charlotte, NC

#51 Jun 12, 2013
A huge part of the addiction problem is due to doctors getting paid by insurance. They have a vested reason in seeing patients & giving them what they want so they keep returning, it's called MONEY! Doctors are fueling the drug addictions nationally as they pad their own pockets. Sorry but I don't sugar coat things & call it as I see it.
Goodness

Greeneville, TN

#52 Jun 12, 2013
The whole situation is just bad from all points of view.
Monitor

Jonesborough, TN

#53 Jun 13, 2013
Is everyone in this area a crackhead?
uh_no

Greeneville, TN

#54 Jun 13, 2013
Monitor wrote:
well no its mainly pillbillies but yes there are quite a few crack heads too
i know

Morristown, TN

#55 Jun 13, 2013
just for the record dr locklear is a lumbee indian from north carolina
Lucy

Greeneville, TN

#56 Jun 13, 2013
Monitor wrote:
Not everybody! Probally more drunks than crackheads.
heeler

Greeneville, TN

#57 Jun 13, 2013
Indian???
Friend

Johnson City, TN

#58 Jun 13, 2013
heeler wrote:
Indian???
Yes, Dr Locklear is an Indian from the Lumbee tribe and was raised by his grandmother. Dr. Locklear did not prescrible drugs to his patients. He would not prescribe a 5 mg lortab for me and I had been seeing him for years. I do not believe he prescribed addicting meds to his patients to make money and by the suboxone from my understand is a opiod blocker.
Friend

Johnson City, TN

#59 Jun 13, 2013
Just me wrote:
Nurse....you need to go back to school and listen really really well on the topic of addiction because you don't have a clue of what it is. And yes, I speak from education and experience.
I have a master's degree and bachelor's degree in psychology so I am not ignorant. I do know what addiction is. I was trying to have something positive to say. I don't know why you, as a nurse, need to be uncaring and ugly with your comments. I do believe addiction is a disease and happens for many reasons, from pain, to stress to just plain wanting to party. Once you're hooked it is very, very hard to kick the habit. People need love and not our judgement. I also speak from education and experience.
Just me

Greeneville, TN

#60 Jun 13, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a master's degree and bachelor's degree in psychology so I am not ignorant. I do know what addiction is. I was trying to have something positive to say. I don't know why you, as a nurse, need to be uncaring and ugly with your comments. I do believe addiction is a disease and happens for many reasons, from pain, to stress to just plain wanting to party. Once you're hooked it is very, very hard to kick the habit. People need love and not our judgement. I also speak from education and experience.
My comment was not to you FRIEND. I totally agree with everything you stated. My comment was to NURSE about the statement "he should know better than to smoke crack". That's why I stated it wasn't a moral dilemma. I fully understand addiction. I too hold my MSN and I am an addict.
Glass House

Greeneville, TN

#62 Jun 13, 2013
I don't judge this man. I feel sorry for anyone who falls prey to drug usage. there aren't many families that drugs haven't affected. we ALL have problems and need to focus on our OWN issues. Lets just pray that he gets through this. Sometimes good people make bad choices so be careful about the stones you throw since some of you appear to be so perfect in your lives.
Friend

Johnson City, TN

#63 Jun 13, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was not to you FRIEND. I totally agree with everything you stated. My comment was to NURSE about the statement "he should know better than to smoke crack". That's why I stated it wasn't a moral dilemma. I fully understand addiction. I too hold my MSN and I am an addict.
I am sorry. I thought you were addressing me. I think we agree on this issue. Sorry.
The Man

Greeneville, TN

#64 Jun 13, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Dr Locklear is an Indian from the Lumbee tribe and was raised by his grandmother. Dr. Locklear did not prescrible drugs to his patients. He would not prescribe a 5 mg lortab for me and I had been seeing him for years. I do not believe he prescribed addicting meds to his patients to make money and by the suboxone from my understand is a opiod blocker.
Indian my ass, there's a ...... in the woodpile somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans People in Greeneville (Apr '10) 57 min Luckily_Lucky 407
thereasa and bruce mcfarland (Jan '11) 59 min sue pennington 10
Poll Ever one anything? 1 hr Red_Forhead 3
Poll Y is ur car painted camaflogged? 1 hr Red_Forhead 6
What goes on at Timberfell? (Sep '11) 1 hr Luckily_Lucky 277
Why do women... 1 hr just say alimony 69
Poll Do we need Word Woman back? 1 hr WW Fan 3
speed trap on the Baileyton highway 2 hr TheUnkownPoster 9
God punish Texas with deadly floods 2 hr SomePeopleAreCrazy 28
how the heck is shipleys furniture store getti... (May '13) Thu wow 31