Judge Bailey: Students Must Not Miss School

Sep 30, 2010 Full story: The Greenville Sun 18

BY LISA WARREN STAFF WRITER General Sessions and Juvenile Court Judge Kenneth Bailey Jr., is serious about students not missing school.

Full Story
mrfkabitch

Rising Fawn, GA

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Judge Bailey can suck stix and die
Lol

Norwood, NC

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Check out the picture on the front page.
well

Greeneville, TN

#3 Sep 30, 2010
what he says is true!! You can't learn sleeping all day at home! Get off your a and go to school...
KIDS

Kingsport, TN

#4 Sep 30, 2010
kids are to babied I believe unless u are seriously sick u need to be in school. If you are able to play the wii, run around the house , play around on the computer u should be able to go to school.. KEEP KEEPING YOUR OUT SCHOOL AND SOPPORT THEM FOREVER
Grammar Police

Smyrna, TN

#5 Sep 30, 2010
KIDS wrote:
kids are to babied I believe unless u are seriously sick u need to be in school. If you are able to play the wii, run around the house , play around on the computer u should be able to go to school.. KEEP KEEPING YOUR OUT SCHOOL AND SOPPORT THEM FOREVER
Where did you go to school? Did you attend spelling and grammar classes? Maybe you were playing video games, running around the house, and playing on the computer during those scheduled classes.
(Just kidding!....check out your spelling dude! Lol lol!)
scary

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 1, 2010
Lol wrote:
Check out the picture on the front page.
Be nice. Hey 35 people came to hear him (course that was including the principal and staff). Gee, maybe it was all staff. Must be why the Greeneville Sun saw a need to give him a forum in the paper. I hear that when SGHS has any kind of fund raiser, he doesn't give one dime. But, the city schools love him. We should probably remember that when he runs for judge again.
why

Greeneville, TN

#7 Nov 14, 2013
why want he give to sghs...whats up with that...does he live in that area...
scary wrote:
<quoted text>
Be nice. Hey 35 people came to hear him (course that was including the principal and staff). Gee, maybe it was all staff. Must be why the Greeneville Sun saw a need to give him a forum in the paper. I hear that when SGHS has any kind of fund raiser, he doesn't give one dime. But, the city schools love him. We should probably remember that when he runs for judge again.
Stephen

Greeneville, TN

#8 Nov 14, 2013
Certain folks in the City School System support him -- but not for long. They do what's in their best interest just like the Greeneville Sun. Things can change almost overnight in politics. No way Bailey wins another election.
scary wrote:
<quoted text>
why

Greeneville, TN

#9 Nov 14, 2013
why do say certain people suport him in the city system what do they have to gain..
Stephen wrote:
Certain folks in the City School System support him -- but not for long. They do what's in their best interest just like the Greeneville Sun. Things can change almost overnight in politics. No way Bailey wins another election.
<quoted text>
Great Goal

Huntersville, NC

#10 Nov 14, 2013
Attendance is absolutely the most important part of getting an education! If your not there, you can't learn. It's common sense. I do think that the truancy laws go overboard but all we can do is follow them.
dog catcher

Greeneville, TN

#11 Nov 14, 2013
scary wrote:
<quoted text>
I help with SG and it's true. He treats the kids in the county badly. His kids go to city schools. He's just a city slicker. He forgot his roots long ago. I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. PLEASE someone run for his office!
happened

Greeneville, TN

#12 Nov 14, 2013
dog catcher wrote:
<quoted text>
I help with SG and it's true. He treats the kids in the county badly. His kids go to city schools. He's just a city slicker. He forgot his roots long ago. I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher. PLEASE someone run for his office!
Same happened at CD. What a azzhole
Stephen

Greeneville, TN

#13 Nov 16, 2013
They support him because they're supposed to. For now ...

Greeneville is run (politically) like a machine. Same with the State and the U.S. As above, so below. There is discussion and agreement behind the scenes and then an election with ONE candidate that gets support from most everyone. Except it's not Democrat-Republican at the Greeneville level -- it's all Republican. It's more efficient that way. Some will not agree, but you don't get radical people (like the Mayor of Toronto -- a confessed crack smoker AS MAYOR) in office this way.

As for Judge Bailey, it was a huge mistake to promote him to the bench. But many of us now see it and will correct that mistake.
why wrote:
why do say certain people suport him in the city system what do they have to gain..<quoted text>

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Nov 16, 2013
mrfkabitch wrote:
Judge Bailey can suck stix and die
Yeah... let's chastise a man who is trying to provide structure FOR CHILDREN and keep them out of his courtroom later on. Are you upset that he fined you for dipping in school? Please indulge me with a story of a judge being oh so mean. I'm sure you deserved anything handed down to you. And from the looks of it, you didn't learn anything.... tragic.
Rufus Ruffgut

Kingsport, TN

#15 Nov 16, 2013
Greeneville Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... let's chastise a man who is trying to provide structure FOR CHILDREN and keep them out of his courtroom later on. Are you upset that he fined you for dipping in school? Please indulge me with a story of a judge being oh so mean. I'm sure you deserved anything handed down to you. And from the looks of it, you didn't learn anything.... tragic.
You are exactly right. When they leave school and start working for a living, do these people think they will be allowed to miss work? I personally think he is a fair judge. I'm sure he gets tired of seeing the same faces over and over.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#16 Nov 16, 2013
Rufus Ruffgut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly right. When they leave school and start working for a living, do these people think they will be allowed to miss work? I personally think he is a fair judge. I'm sure he gets tired of seeing the same faces over and over.
Yep, it seems to me he is trying to target the root of the problem. The sad part is that only 35 people were there to hear it.
mrlover

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 17, 2013
scary wrote:
<quoted text>Be nice. Hey 35 people came to hear him (course that was including the principal and staff). Gee, maybe it was all staff. Must be why the Greeneville Sun saw a need to give him a forum in the paper. I hear that when SGHS has any kind of fund raiser, he doesn't give one dime. But, the city schools love him. We should probably remember that when he runs for judge again.
Get rid of Bailey
gay judge

Greeneville, TN

#18 Nov 19, 2013
Why are people saying one of our judges is gay? Do they know something we don't? sickening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min wowie 152,357
What do think about free mansions 16 min Turnip brains 2
Anyone else see the helicopter flying around af... 21 min Iseenittoo 4
High School Homecoming Traditions 22 min G woman 11
Are u a son of the south 1 hr Wow 4
European Great Danes For Sale 1 hr Smoky Mountin Danes 1
HAWK or HASLAM are we better off 1 hr Pucked Us both 2
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 6 hr Stupid 4,546
Greeneville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Greeneville Jobs

Greeneville People Search