Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you are talking about Farmer's Daughter near Mennonite store on Erwin Hwy. It is best to go with a group. Maybe you and the blue team can go there
The Farmers Daughter is NOT associated with Amish or Mennonites. Never has been. The store beside it is!
hopper mcbopper

Apex, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
The Farmers Daughter is NOT associated with Amish or Mennonites. Never has been. The store beside it is!
who said it was? they said it was beside it, anyway great place it'll fill you up.
What

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

BeanBarn
Something Positive

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Here's where my family enjoys and what we like:
China Chef - best $5.00 lunch in town;
Salsas, Monterrays, Casa Guerras (last two aren't spelled right)- anything on the menu, especially the Mango salsa at Salsas and Casa and the peanut butter pie at Casa
Gondolier - wings and pizza, baked spaghetti, Philly Steak pizza, sampler platter, everything looks good;
Caney Branch - handmade cheeseburger or Saturday night buffet;
Stans - wings;
Diamond House - buffet, esp. cream cheese wontons;
Sunshine's - chicken and dumplings;
Aunt Bee's - lunch specials;
Tipton's - gravy and biscuits, anything;
Asian Express - pick up a couple of orders to go and feed everybody;
Sonic - more hanging out at one of the tables than actually anything you order;
Downtown Tannery - sandwiches and soups;

Just about any church fundraiser, especially during Lord's Acre season

in Baileyton - Cuz's Drive Thru - Huskie Dogs, corn dogs or cheeseburger;
in Telford - Mountain View Restaurant - has old Harbor House menu, dessert included in most orders;

There's lots of other great and almost great places in town and I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings by leaving them out, but the above are where we find ourselves on those occasions when we do eat out.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

^^Gonna echo some of what has been said above - very good breakdown.

Brumley's inside the General Morgan is the only thing you'll find that is close to fine dining.

Monterreys - decent Mexican, nothing outstanding, but definitely worth eating there once in awhile.

Stan's BBQ - hit or miss. When the BBQ is fresh, I think it is some great BBQ. I have also had some BBQ that seemed like it had been sitting in the fridge for about a week.

Tannery (downtown)- always loved their sandwiches & soups.
Bean Barn - probably the best burger in town. Lil Top has a pretty good one too.
Tiptons - Biscuits & gravy are awesome; all their breakfast items are good. I don't think I've ever had lunch there, but heard good things.

Fatz - Chain out of the Carolinas...kind of similar to Applebees, but slightly better. Not a bad option since options are limited in Greeneville.

Sandwich House - Always liked their sandwiches & fries. There is nothing overly unique about them, but they are a good change of pace from all the burger places in town.

Gondolier - I think it is a local chain. I didn't care for it. I've had hot pockets that were more Italian than what they were serving.

Also gotta go to Pal's. It is a local fast food chain, but damn good. Good fries, burgers, & sweet tea. Oh, & they have a bar-b-q dog that is unique and delicious.

I would not recommend going to the Hyperion...ever.
just_me

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

ShanksnShanks wrote:
^^Gonna echo some of what has been said above - very good breakdown.
Brumley's inside the General Morgan is the only thing you'll find that is close to fine dining.
Monterreys - decent Mexican, nothing outstanding, but definitely worth eating there once in awhile.
Stan's BBQ - hit or miss. When the BBQ is fresh, I think it is some great BBQ. I have also had some BBQ that seemed like it had been sitting in the fridge for about a week.
Tannery (downtown)- always loved their sandwiches & soups.
Bean Barn - probably the best burger in town. Lil Top has a pretty good one too.
Tiptons - Biscuits & gravy are awesome; all their breakfast items are good. I don't think I've ever had lunch there, but heard good things.
Fatz - Chain out of the Carolinas...kind of similar to Applebees, but slightly better. Not a bad option since options are limited in Greeneville.
Sandwich House - Always liked their sandwiches & fries. There is nothing overly unique about them, but they are a good change of pace from all the burger places in town.
Gondolier - I think it is a local chain. I didn't care for it. I've had hot pockets that were more Italian than what they were serving.
Also gotta go to Pal's. It is a local fast food chain, but damn good. Good fries, burgers, & sweet tea. Oh, & they have a bar-b-q dog that is unique and delicious.
I would not recommend going to the Hyperion...ever.
The Hyperion has some great food! Awesome prime rib on Sat. and Sun. Nights for 9.95!! Not a bad place if you go early!
Something Positive

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I forgot the Little Top! Thanks for reminding me, ShanksnShanks - A Double Cheese Chipper is the way to go there, at least for me. I'm sure that everythng else is good too, but I always get the same thing.
Stans BBQ - some people really brag on their burgers too. Speaking of sitting in the fridge, if you want to take it home and reheat it, they offer a great deal on leftover ribs, if they had any left from the day before.
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I agree with most of the posts but I feel like one is missing. The Hotdog Man that moves his little stand around downtown is awesome if your just in for a hotdog or braught (?). I love the bean barn, Monterrey, Stan's, ma and pas, aunt Beas, and the hype. I used to love the Italian village when Joe owned it. Not as great now but Tony is still cooking the pizza so its still great. And yes, Rockys is at the old deanos. Same owners as JC.
Hmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Something Positive wrote:
Here's where my family enjoys and what we like:
China Chef - best $5.00 lunch in town;
Salsas, Monterrays, Casa Guerras (last two aren't spelled right)- anything on the menu, especially the Mango salsa at Salsas and Casa and the peanut butter pie at Casa
Gondolier - wings and pizza, baked spaghetti, Philly Steak pizza, sampler platter, everything looks good;
Caney Branch - handmade cheeseburger or Saturday night buffet;
Stans - wings;
Diamond House - buffet, esp. cream cheese wontons;
Sunshine's - chicken and dumplings;
Aunt Bee's - lunch specials;
Tipton's - gravy and biscuits, anything;
Asian Express - pick up a couple of orders to go and feed everybody;
Sonic - more hanging out at one of the tables than actually anything you order;
Downtown Tannery - sandwiches and soups;
Just about any church fundraiser, especially during Lord's Acre season
in Baileyton - Cuz's Drive Thru - Huskie Dogs, corn dogs or cheeseburger;
in Telford - Mountain View Restaurant - has old Harbor House menu, dessert included in most orders;
There's lots of other great and almost great places in town and I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings by leaving them out, but the above are where we find ourselves on those occasions when we do eat out.
Mountain View (harbor house) is the best bang for the buck around here.
Babydoll

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Old Man Greeneville Tn wrote:
Fatz Boys
For good home cooking that is clean and reasonably priced) go to Fatz Boys. They have years of experience. If there is a waitress by the name of Amy----------avoid her. She screams when she gets angry.
nasty waitress

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I can tell you a place I will never eat again... Baileyton Restaurant... I went there Sunday after church with my family and I overheard 2 waitress arguing. One had gotten caught licking a mans cornbread because he snapped his finger at her and then she spit in his tea... OMG! I wasn't sure if they were just kidding around then I realized that the one waitress was going off on her co-worker for doing that. How sick!!!! disgusting !! The waitress that was bragging about licking that mans cornbread was laughing and said he should know better than to be rude to her when she handles his food. Catina was the name she was being called by the other waitress. My husband and I got up and left and took the kids home. I called some of the members of the church and told them what I overheard. What kind of person does such a nasty thing to peoples food... never again till that woman is working there.
did not happen

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

I personally know the story of what happened at the Baileyton Restaurant and that NEVER happened. The lady accused of this action has years of waitressing expierence and the girl accusing her is a strung out pill head who steals from that place everyday! That place is always filled with nothing but drama, usually started by the owner! But I do know that the food is clean. If you think you eat out anywhere that is prepared like you would at home, get real because it does not happen!
TARHEEL

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

APPLEBEES- bourbon street steak! with steamed veggies !
Baileyton Restaurant

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Hey Did not happen...The lady accused of this admitted it .. and it did happen... she admitted it to the owner... I worked there and I am the one who was going off on her that day for doing that... You want to call someone a pill head because she reported her... Next time maybe it might be yours, your mom or dad or maybe your kids that gets their cornbread licked and tea spit in. How sick.... she admitted it and is now off work with staph.. Oh yea staph... Hows that for licking your cornbread.. If she has years experience being a waitress why is she working at the Baileyton Restaurant? Probably did this at other places she worked.. once a spitter always a spitter.. Gross ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 54 of54
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance