ron wrote:
boroonies if you can afford it
is that where the pedifile cooks named casey
Transplant

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Changed up wrote:
Any good places to eat in Greeneville?
Not really. We usually suck it up and drive an hour. However, a few places you might try locally are The Butcher's Block, kind of pricey and not the best atmosphere, but the food is good. They have a facebook page I think. I have been to Tannery West once, for lunch (their only meal) sandwich was not run of the mill and included things like sprouts and sour dough bread. The soup, which is homemade with different specials each day, was also good. But again the atmosphere is lacking. Lots of hard surfaces so it is rather noisy. We are pretty picky when it comes to eating out and do a lot of cooking at home. Most restaurants in Greeneville have very limited hours and "home cooking" that really means greasy spoon with sides of veggies poured out of a can. And unfortunately the best biscuit in this Southern town comes from Hardees. I have heard good things about the newest Mexican restaurant on West Main (across from Porter Tire). I can't think of the name of it and have not been there personally, but have heard others compliment it. The Bean Barn (their beans and stew combo) and Tiptons (burgers or breakfast) are legend locally, but both could use a good cleaning. They are a real "local" experience and the people working there are pleasant. If you are looking for an expensive drive through try Little Top, which has great milkshakes. Good luck.
gary

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2013
Transplant wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. We usually suck it up and drive an hour. However, a few places you might try locally are The Butcher's Block, kind of pricey and not the best atmosphere, but the food is good. They have a facebook page I think. I have been to Tannery West once, for lunch (their only meal) sandwich was not run of the mill and included things like sprouts and sour dough bread. The soup, which is homemade with different specials each day, was also good. But again the atmosphere is lacking. Lots of hard surfaces so it is rather noisy. We are pretty picky when it comes to eating out and do a lot of cooking at home. Most restaurants in Greeneville have very limited hours and "home cooking" that really means greasy spoon with sides of veggies poured out of a can. And unfortunately the best biscuit in this Southern town comes from Hardees. I have heard good things about the newest Mexican restaurant on West Main (across from Porter Tire). I can't think of the name of it and have not been there personally, but have heard others compliment it. The Bean Barn (their beans and stew combo) and Tiptons (burgers or breakfast) are legend locally, but both could use a good cleaning. They are a real "local" experience and the people working there are pleasant. If you are looking for an expensive drive through try Little Top, which has great milkshakes. Good luck.
everybody at tannery is hooked on those pain pills is what i heard but i said heard

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Best place to eat in Greeneville is at home.
notafan

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Apr 3, 2013
where is boronnies or how ever u spell it
country boy

Knoxville, TN

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Bean Barn has best burgers an beef stew
biggin

Johnson City, TN

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Hype has some awesome prime rib on Sat. and Sun. night for 9.95!!
country boy

Knoxville, TN

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Danielles went out of busines it was fine dining we need a Rockys pizza like Jcity

Since: Dec 12

Rock Hill, SC

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Downtown used to have My Cousin Andrea's, Azaleas, Danielle's & Deidra's, all of which were VERY GOOD restaurants offering nicely prepared & presented food, not typical frozen or out of the can fare. Dandridge Seafood was excellent here when it first opened but went down hill. What a shame they didn't make it.

Some places are still good for what is left but lack ambiance & "atmosphere". Many use cheap chairs & metal laden furnishings which make for lots of noise. China Chef in the Commons is good but it needs a serious make over & styrofoam/plastic utensils suck! Butcher's Block is good but lacks atmosphere. I like both the new Japanese places.

“I do not censor my comments..”

Since: Sep 12

United States

#19 Apr 3, 2013
What's the name of that Amish place? Heard it was good?
hopper mcbopper

Morganton, NC

#20 Apr 4, 2013
country boy wrote:
Danielles went out of busines it was fine dining we need a Rockys pizza like Jcity
we have a rocky's pizza

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Effects from smoking cigarettes 5 min Ummm 1
haunted places here in greeneville and greeneco... (Jun '11) 7 min Trunketeer 45
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 14 min letitburn 75
John Pierce (Nov '12) 24 min known him for 14 ... 9
Greeneville Snobs 30 min Karma is a Bit-- 20
MEN that like to be called 'DADDY' by their LADY 2 hr Veronica 14
Feeling lonely for the holidays 2 hr HolyChaos76 129
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Jennifer Renee 5,580
Why so paranoid? 4 hr Veronica 63
Principal at Mosheim 8 hr Friend Of 58
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News