|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Mud Logger wrote:
<quoted text>No fracking im east Tn as of yet, but isn't it amazing that people here don't know what it is.I think the only TV they watch is Duck Dynasty, Nascar and some fox news. Yes, the stereotypes of hillbillies ate true, even in 2013.
I consider your post a compliment. I love watching Duck Dynasty - finally a show that feels no need for cursing, nudity and the taking of God's name in every sentence. Nascar fans proudly pray to our Lord and Saviour and stand/remove hats to pledge a flag thousands have died for. We thank goodness for Fox News. The only news that actually tells the news instead of falling in line behind the state run media. As for the hillbilly sterotypes, not really sure what your definition would be. As for this hillbilly, I was reared on a family farm where I was taught about hard work and the reward for that hard work, excelled in school, graduated from college and have a degree in accounting. I also have a sister who is a lawyer and a brother who is serving in our armed forces. So, you may call us hillbillies and we will just grin and wear that badge proudly.

Since: Jul 11

Lawndale, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I consider your post a compliment. I love watching Duck Dynasty - finally a show that feels no need for cursing, nudity and the taking of God's name in every sentence. Nascar fans proudly pray to our Lord and Saviour and stand/remove hats to pledge a flag thousands have died for. We thank goodness for Fox News. The only news that actually tells the news instead of falling in line behind the state run media. As for the hillbilly sterotypes, not really sure what your definition would be. As for this hillbilly, I was reared on a family farm where I was taught about hard work and the reward for that hard work, excelled in school, graduated from college and have a degree in accounting. I also have a sister who is a lawyer and a brother who is serving in our armed forces. So, you may call us hillbillies and we will just grin and wear that badge proudly.
Love your post!
getting scary

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

PoopyBallZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck dynasty is fake just like Fox News lol. But I'm with you on the whole nudity and not cursing thing. MTV is utter garbage. The shows our kids and the youth watch these days are ridiculous. I hope I can teach my kids enough morals to surpass the garbage the flat screen shoves in their head.
Fox News is the only news channel that diffes from ALL the rest.
I found Fox News during the circus with Bush and Gore. I know how startled I was to find a station that wasn't reporting like "follow the leader". On any given day the other channels are like listening to the same play being performed over and over. Fox really is the only channel that reports and leaves it up to the Americans to decide. Our country is not a whole lot different from Iran and those other nations that forbid any opinion outside that of the government. It's getting scary because they would love to somehow shut Fox News down.
moist

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

My kitty needs some cream.... BOOM!
wondering?

Nebo, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

getting scary wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News is the only news channel that diffes from ALL the rest.
I found Fox News during the circus with Bush and Gore. I know how startled I was to find a station that wasn't reporting like "follow the leader". On any given day the other channels are like listening to the same play being performed over and over. Fox really is the only channel that reports and leaves it up to the Americans to decide. Our country is not a whole lot different from Iran and those other nations that forbid any opinion outside that of the government. It's getting scary because they would love to somehow shut Fox News down.
I thought this thread was about loud booms. We could start another thread against state run media or pro Fox News and get a lot more input. Did anyone hear the boom near Shackelford rd on Monday?

Since: Apr 12

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Heard one on Buckingham Rd. Monday. About 5:15?

Since: Oct 12

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I just heard one close to Buckingham Rd. Finally!
bbb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Its happening all over the country. Google it. The governments doing something
damnstantons

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Them damn stantons have gone global
2Cold

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Anybody Heard Any More Bangs Anywheres ?
nobody

Newport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Some ppl think it's the fault lines rubbing against each other...atleast that's wat I heard
ryu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

wow wrote:
They are talking about hearing it in limestone, chuckey, sulphur springs, on stone dam road, but nobody knows what it is.
I heard guile from street fighter moved here recently,hope that answers the question

Since: Dec 12

Hickory Grove, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

nobody wrote:
Some ppl think it's the fault lines rubbing against each other...atleast that's wat I heard
Interesting. The first time I experienced an earthquake was on the east end of Greeneville several years back. Seconds before the ground started trembling there was a VERY LOUD BOOOOOOM! I thought maybe a transformer blew up or maybe an underground gas line blew, to give you an idea of what it sounded like.
I looked at earthquake insurance while living in Greeneville and learned it is extremely expensive with a crazy high deductible. Guess we are SCREWED if the big one predicted ever comes roaring through here.:(
But but BOOM

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Every time a member of the Tea Party realizes everything they believed in is all wrong, their Tin Foil heads blow up like Jiffy Pop on a camp fire. Been going off since last November. I thought Boner was either gonna explode or cry last night during the State of the Union speech. He went from orange to red, to gray green to back to orange again.
Boom

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

So, did anyone hear this about a half hour ago?
Two Hump Johnson

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I live over near Bowmantown on the Wash Co.line and heard one late last night. Wasn't anything like a dynamite blast or controlled demolitions. Was taking the dogs out late and it was very loud, almost sounded like it started at ground level and just moved up into the sky.

Very odd. Maybe a high level aircraft but really didn't sound like that either. It has a very distinct sound.
clementine

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Several people in Mt. Carmel have heard it too, in the last month or so. Sounds like dynamite sort of. Very Very Loud!
Dre

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I just heard it in Charlotte, NC. Anyone else?
logic

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Those d@%n Stantons are everywhere!

Since: Jan 14

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2014

PatriotsGurl wrote:
The news thinks it was a sonic boom. They are still investigating it. Those loud booms were also heard in Alaska before they received the 7.5 Earthquake. There have been reports of small Earthquakes in Memphis TN over the past 24hrs near Real Foot Lake. Hopefully its not getting ready to come an Earthquake.
I live between U.C.And Dyersburg. I heard one today. Thought I had heard it before. Thts Reelfoot Lake in Tiptonville.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••