Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I heard it this morning and first thought it was the wind. I went outside in the driveway and kept wondering what the crap I was hearing. First, I thought it was thunder. But then, I keep hearing a sound I have never heard. It was over and over, loud, and somewhat sounded like a jet but it wasn't a jet. Lasted 15 minutes or so
Big Show

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I am really starting to wonder if it could be this Fracking people are talking about..I remember folks comming through this area many years ago looking for oil..They said then that there was oil but they didn't know how much or just how deep it was
dont worry

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

the booms being heard are from blasting for a construction site behind Eastview school. They bury the dynamite and cover it to prevent debris from flying. Since the blast is covered and since they are removing large sections of limestone rock. there are tremors that can be felt at times locally along with low frequency booms. Drive behind Eastview and see the site.
curious

Stanfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

then why are they being heard in Georgia?? and are they blasting at night ??
dont worry be happy

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The booms are coming from dynamite blasting at a construction site behind Eastview school. The muffled blasts intensify the low frequency vibrations, sending them through the limestone strata of the county. Also, due to a phenomenon called accoustic shadowing, some places near the blasting may hear nothing while miles away, a boom can be heard.
Ford

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

East View is where they are coming from.
heh

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

No way the blasting on barton ridge is being heard 15+ miles away.
chevy

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Just heard a boom in tusculum area heard it 3 times today. WTH is this????
me too

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I am hearing it too, also three times, what the heck is it?
Ford

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Its on Barton Ridge Dummy. I saw the blasting drill there today. Duh! I just live 300 yards away. I would know.
me too

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

me too wrote:
I am hearing it too, also three times, what the heck is it?
Just heard it in limestone area also.
SOUTHERN THUNDER

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Just exploding targets!
Ford

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Just kidding. I live in JC I really have no idea whats happening in Greeneville.
Serpent

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

First of all, there is nothing wrong with NASCAR. Second many people here in Greeneville TN know what fracking is. Maybe you hang out or visit the wrong places, your fault not ours. As far as who 'won the war' debate, all I have to say is this.... have you ever heard of 'Northern Hospitality' or have you ever heard of people retiring and moving north? Didnt think so!
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Serpent wrote:
First of all, there is nothing wrong with NASCAR. Second many people here in Greeneville TN know what fracking is. Maybe you hang out or visit the wrong places, your fault not ours. As far as who 'won the war' debate, all I have to say is this.... have you ever heard of 'Northern Hospitality' or have you ever heard of people retiring and moving north? Didnt think so!
LOL- The people who had no clue what Fracking was were on this Topix- I know people from TN know what Fracking is but your topix looks like a rumor mill as opposed to a place of discussion.

Second. Yes, there is something wrong with nascar IMHO.=P

Third, Northern hospitality is when you order food here and the waitress bitches because she wants a cigarette break and thus flings your food on the table looking angry as hell.

Fourth- Moving North to retire is like moving South for a Union Job-

Fifth, I really enjoyed your post. Good stuff.

On Topic: Anyone figure out what the "Booms" were? And yes, they are being heard all over the Nation since over a year now. Several major ones in Michigan and the Air Force and other officials claim it wasn't them and they are clueless.

So, assuming it isnt Fracking (I lean towards at least many of these being fracking related) what do you guys think? Earth changes?
Turd Ferguson

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Has anyone found my long, lost turd yet?!
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Turd Ferguson wrote:
Your crazy! LOL
Narcoleptic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Turd Ferguson wrote:
No, but I found the peanut. It was delicious. You can have it back around 0700....that's when I take the kids to the pool. Bring a plastic baggy for safe transport.
what

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

I use to live here a long time ago. What is everybody talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of121
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••