|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dixie iron fist wrote:
Reelfoot lake was caused by a massive quake in the 1800's (correct me please) and the Mississippi River ran backward for some time to fill the sinkhole it created. Now take that into account. The new Madrid fault line runs almost the entire Mississippi basin. Look over your shoulder,hot springs North Carolina is right at our back door. That water is heated by volcanic forces not to mention Andrews geyser on the other side of Asheville. Forces are at work beneath us that haven't been felt in centuries. It's due time something happened. We've had blizzards 93'Floods 00'tornados11'. I figure either the top will blow off one of these mountains or an epic earthquake will soon be felt.
I get chills when I think of the New Madrid.
fuss

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Dixie iron fist wrote:
Reelfoot lake was caused by a massive quake in the 1800's (correct me please) and the Mississippi River ran backward for some time to fill the sinkhole it created. Now take that into account. The new Madrid fault line runs almost the entire Mississippi basin. Look over your shoulder,hot springs North Carolina is right at our back door. That water is heated by volcanic forces not to mention Andrews geyser on the other side of Asheville. Forces are at work beneath us that haven't been felt in centuries. It's due time something happened. We've had blizzards 93'Floods 00'tornados11'. I figure either the top will blow off one of these mountains or an epic earthquake will soon be felt.
Why all the fuss? God is in control and if He decides to move the earth, blow up a mountain - all the worry in the world can't change that. I think is just awesome to serve a God that has full control of the earth and I pity any one who thinks they have the power to do anything. My God is awesome and I pray He is your God as well. I will NOT respond beyond on this as I have no desire to argue the issue of my faith with non-believers, etc. You believe your way and I will continue to believe mine, but MINE is of a calming nature. He holds the whole wide world in His hands.
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

WOW-

Do you guys do "Fracking" down there? They are moving into our area with the Oil Boom and plan on Fracking and there is a huge battle going on in Michigan- I have heard these "booms" can be related to fracking (as well as earthquakes) but my information comes from bias sources on both sides (pro and against fracking) with little "middle ground" to determine real truth as opposed to propaganda.
southern gal

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Define fracking!!
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

DarKPenguiN wrote:
WOW-
Do you guys do "Fracking" down there? They are moving into our area with the Oil Boom and plan on Fracking and there is a huge battle going on in Michigan- I have heard these "booms" can be related to fracking (as well as earthquakes) but my information comes from bias sources on both sides (pro and against fracking) with little "middle ground" to determine real truth as opposed to propaganda.
LOL- I love the "nuts" and "off topic"-

Google "Fracking" and you will see that it is certainly on topic and (possibly nuts)=)

Fracking is a process for extracting Oil from the ground- The "Booms" are associated with Fracking operations- I fully understand the "what the hell are you talking about" since I would have said the same several years ago.

Fracking is now in my State (evidently not yours) and there is even a huge Hollywood movie coming out about the dangers of Fracking.

My question was if they were doing it in your state- Evidently not or someone would have known what I was talking about.

Its quite interesting actually and is bringing good jobs to Michigan but there is alot of outrage about what (potentially) could happen as a result. Loud "booms" and earthquakes along with toxic water seem to be what the opposition is citing (and the Movie will be about) but I am unsure if its propaganda or not since so much of everything we hear today (from any side of any issue) is total propaganda and often devoid of truth.

-Anyhow, resume discussion. Very interesting nevertheless.
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/...
Here, Washington Post links Fracking to Wisconsin Booms- Have not read the article but there is a plethora of information about this.

-You WILL get used to the term as this is where our Energy is going to come from in the future- Everywhere.

I am torn on the issue myself.
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

-Edit/add: Okay, they do Fracking in your State as well. I must leave your Topix to retain my sanity... This is pretty common knowledge and...I dont know...Maybe read a paper?

“I've Always Been This Stupid”

Since: May 12

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

DarKPenguiN wrote:
-Edit/add: Okay, they do Fracking in your State as well. I must leave your Topix to retain my sanity... This is pretty common knowledge and...I dont know...Maybe read a paper?
Sorry I got in late. Fracking is one of the new controversial ways to extract from the earth. There is a lot of speculation about the chemicals used and how much stays in the ground durin the process. A lot of unanswered questions remain about this technique. I am split as far as it being done elsewhere but would not want it done on my property.
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Pretend 2 B Normal wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I got in late. Fracking is one of the new controversial ways to extract from the earth. There is a lot of speculation about the chemicals used and how much stays in the ground durin the process. A lot of unanswered questions remain about this technique. I am split as far as it being done elsewhere but would not want it done on my property.
You Sir, have restored my faith in humanity.=)

Thank you.

Yeah, Jackson County Michigan (where I reside) is slated to be a new "Oil Capital" due to Fracking. Everyone is torn as well. On one hand it brings really good jobs here- They have also been doing it here (small scale) without incident thus far... On the other hand- I am with you. LOTS of very scary "possibilities" for it to be in my backyard.

-lately the Booms have heard all over Fracking areas (even here) but no firm connection to Fracking other than circumspect. I , however , am starting to think there HAS to be a connection.

Anyhow, the entire subject is really fascinating and I have enjoyed reading about it here- Are they fracking locally? I saw TN is allowing Fracking but I couldnt find info on your specific town (or many specifics honestly)

-If so, this makes one more "coincidence"- These Booms are very real and there has to be a common cause.
Mud Logger

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

DarKPenguiN wrote:
WOW-
No fracking im east Tn as of yet, but isn't it amazing that people here don't know what it is.I think the only TV they watch is Duck Dynasty, Nascar and some fox news. Yes, the stereotypes of hillbillies ate true, even in 2013.
DarKPenguiN

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Mud Logger wrote:
<quoted text>No fracking im east Tn as of yet, but isn't it amazing that people here don't know what it is.I think the only TV they watch is Duck Dynasty, Nascar and some fox news. Yes, the stereotypes of hillbillies ate true, even in 2013.
Yeah but being uninformed seems to be a national problem- It is almost encouraged nowadays it would seem.

-And Nascar? Wow- I live right by MIS (Michigan International Speedway) and I fear that has become a Global epidemic. I do, however, fully fault the South for this attack on mankind and its far reaching consequences.

When more and more Chinese in RVs are being seen in my neck of the woods, smiling and saying "wusty wallice wocks" while drinking a Budweiser and wearing a wife beater- I forever know that the South really did win the war.=)
Jerk

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I hear two aging this afternoon! I live in Sunnyside.
Jerk

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I heard two again this afternoon. I live in Sunnyside.
curious

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Jerk wrote:
I haven't heard one yet. What does it sound like
dan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Jerk wrote:
yep around 450 and 5p Heard it also

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

dan wrote:
<quoted text>yep around 450 and 5p Heard it also
I heard something about the same time near Bernard and McKee. Heard one then about 20 seconds later another.
truth hurts

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

There is a construction site on east Barton ridge that has been blasting
no name

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

fuss wrote:
<quoted text>Why all the fuss? God is in control and if He decides to move the earth, blow up a mountain - all the worry in the world can't change that. I think is just awesome to serve a God that has full control of the earth and I pity any one who thinks they have the power to do anything. My God is awesome and I pray He is your God as well. I will NOT respond beyond on this as I have no desire to argue the issue of my faith with non-believers, etc. You believe your way and I will continue to believe mine, but MINE is of a calming nature. He holds the whole wide world in His hands.
Amen!! I agree 100%

Greeneville TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

truth hurts wrote:
There is a construction site on east Barton ridge that has been blasting
Good point. I had not been that way in a while. I forgot they were starting construction. Thanks for the info.
curious

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Then why were they heard in 48 states?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of121
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••