First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Slimthejim

Salisbury, NC

#1 Aug 6, 2012
My son went into the store today and noticed there are fewer employees than what used to be. He asked to talk to the mechanic that worked on weed eaters, he was informed they no longer have a stilh mechanic. They laid off several employees because the economy was so bad they had to cut loose some employees. This is there budget cut. As much money as my family has spent there, and our friends have spent there, how can this store be hurting? Will we need to go back to Ritchie Tractor in knoxville? Why can Greeneville not keep a John Deere dealer here?
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Because they are over priced, and people in Greeneville are under paid. Hope this explains it.
farmer

Julian, NC

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Because John Deere=money. And the thing about it is they aren't no better than any other tractor anymore. They used to be, but not now. Just high priced plastic.
The Truth

Fort Campbell, TN

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Slimthejim...If your son is telling the truth then, I think I can shed some light on this subject. I don't know the Mead folks nor do I wish bad on any business here but, who ever the one of this bunch chose Greene Co. for this type of business needed their head examined. I'm not a farmer but I would love to have a JD tractor to use around the house but, I can give many reasons why I don't have one. There all in dollars. Why in the world would you open a shop that sells the highest priced farm equipment in the country during a economic recession? Can you imagine what their floor plan costs for that equipment is? Why do you have to have an expensive location for this shop? By that I mean a bypass building that they remodeled.
Who around here is getting rich by farming? No one! I was wondering how long that place would last. The owners may have pretty deep pockets but if they have any business sense at all then they will abandon that sinking ship. Sad but true.
Angery customer

Easley, SC

#5 Aug 7, 2012
Well goodbye mead theyve always been mothing but rude everytime ive went into that store! Ill continue my business with newport store, they are much more friendlier!
Yep

Antioch, TN

#6 Aug 7, 2012
When I first heard they where opening here, thought they're crazy. That's been tried before in Greene county. It's a really nice place, but I will have to say the employees they hired weren't the sharpest and they acted like you was just bothering them by being there.

I was there needing a part and all 3 sales persons wouldn't even acknowledge me. They just kept playing on the computers and me just standing there like a knot on a log.
Old Guy

Franklin, TN

#7 Aug 7, 2012
Yep wrote:
When I first heard they where opening here, thought they're crazy. That's been tried before in Greene county. It's a really nice place, but I will have to say the employees they hired weren't the sharpest and they acted like you was just bothering them by being there.
I was there needing a part and all 3 sales persons wouldn't even acknowledge me. They just kept playing on the computers and me just standing there like a knot on a log.
The rudeness sounds like MANY Greeneville businesses !!!!!!! It's only a matter of time before we all have to go to Johnson City or Morristown for everything (except maybe fast food and groceries, as there are plenty of those stores around)
Yep

Antioch, TN

#8 Aug 7, 2012
Yep wrote:
I can read their minds, "Why is he still standing there? Can't he see we're not going to ask him if he needs help? Go away go away. Would you please just go away, I'm sick of looking for these parts. I've got to check my Facebook, please go away. Ah screw it, he ain't going to leave. Hi sir, can I help you with something?"

Then the other 2 are like "haha he gave in first, no way was I going to look at him. Haha"
haybuster

Kingsport, TN

#9 Aug 7, 2012
farmer wrote:
Because John Deere=money. And the thing about it is they aren't no better than any other tractor anymore. They used to be, but not now. Just high priced plastic.
well go 2 a diff tractor JD is the best and always will be people say their isnt any money in farming i do very nice for myself if you wasnt lazy and do round bails thats where u lose money not directed to "farmer" u just hate jd but i make 6 figures with my hay sry u couldnt
Angery customer

Easley, SC

#10 Aug 8, 2012
haybuster wrote:
<quoted text>
well go 2 a diff tractor JD is the best and always will be people say their isnt any money in farming i do very nice for myself if you wasnt lazy and do round bails thats where u lose money not directed to "farmer" u just hate jd but i make 6 figures with my hay sry u couldnt
u sure dont live around here then, bet you spend those 6 figure fixing that john deere bahahaha
whothehellcares

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2012
How much of that 6 figures is profit...
The Truth

Nolensville, TN

#12 Aug 8, 2012
haybuster...your a d*mn liar! End o story!
2armed man

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2012
Everyone in that dammm place is smart azzz no wonder they are doing poor in business
its a funny thing

Franklin, TN

#14 Aug 9, 2012
Its a funny thing....im glad you people are so on the "inside" and know this place is closing and know they aren't making any money....two people are gone and you think they are closing the doors...get a life. for some rude employees they sure do have a lot of customers that like them and have been doing business with them for years.
Old guy

Cowpens, SC

#15 Aug 9, 2012
For years, thats too funny they only been in Greeneville for lilttle over a year! Not years. You need to get your facts straight.
its a funny thing

Franklin, TN

#16 Aug 9, 2012
ive got my facts straight....most of these people not all but several of them have worked at other dealerships such as lee tractor, wright equipment, tri state tractor, and ritchie tractor....several of them for 15 to 20 years.....so no you get your facts straight
Old guy

Cowpens, SC

#17 Aug 9, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read their minds, "Why is he still standing there? Can't he see we're not going to ask him if he needs help? Go away go away. Would you please just go away, I'm sick of looking for these parts. I've got to check my Facebook, please go away. Ah screw it, he ain't going to leave. Hi sir, can I help you with something?"
Then the other 2 are like "haha he gave in first, no way was I going to look at him. Haha"
yep, sounds like we have a expert know it all on our hands, plenty of experience of ingorning their customers! Plenty years in training.
Crack heads and Idiots

Fort Campbell, TN

#18 Aug 9, 2012
This is a great place for idiots to hide behind a key pad and start shit that is meaningless! Meade tractor is doing great and I have noticed they had gotten one person out of there business that needed to be removed. If there are two people gone the original starter of this FORUM must be from the inside and pissed that they are no longer there! Grow up or keep on making a idiot of your self and other people that have no clue about what life is about other than Drama. I as a customer am glad we have the business in our town and thankful for the employees that are there to try and make customers happy. All customers will never be happy in this day and time. Most people in the world we live in today wants everything for free and don't want to pay for parts or service. If people had any common since they would understand that Meade tractor has bills and payroll to make and can't give everything away. There employees work there to support a family. Employees there are very Willing to help and try there best to get a answer for there customers!
Some R Aholes

Fort Campbell, TN

#19 Aug 9, 2012
Customer service is the hardest job Ive ever done. People that have never worked for the public, especially within the last few years, cannot imagine how bad it can be. Don't get me wrong, not all customers cursed, were rude, smart a$$es, treat you like sh@t because they CAN, but some customers were. Sometimes customer service is not always what it should be, were human. The differance... the customer can choose to never go back to that place of business if they feel they did not receive good customer service period. The employee that gets treated like s#!t by someone that's an a$$h@!e just because they can, cannot....there are no other jobs!
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 9, 2012
For starters, as a person that lives in the community it highly upsets me to see people bash a local business when this county is hurting for jobs as it is. Have you so called "bashers" of Meade Tractor set back and looked at the big picture, YOU are the reason this county hasn't been able to support a Deere dealership! It's people like you that cause farmers like us to have to run to Johnson City or Knoxville to get our parts we need to make our living! I know most of the people that work at Meade and they are good people and are good at what they do. Everytime I go down to Meade for anything they are always busy, but in my opionion they move people pretty fast. Not saying anything bad about Newport but buddy i own the big stuff and unfortunately they don't carry the big stuff. So basically what im trying to say in a nut shell is even if the price is a little higher you or might have to wait in line a little longer this is a Greeneville business; support it and who knows we both may work there one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jarrett Gulley (Mar '14) 5 min Run 12
Do u regret electing a black man as our preside... 7 min Country boy 12
Megan HO Hazell (Mar '11) 10 min Megan Morris 34
Kristy Necessary 48 min living it up 7
Greene County Schools 53 min confused 113
presented by the genuine Kohlrabi--I HATE KOHLR... 1 hr Dixie iron fist 8
Why am I so doggone stupid? 2 hr Trunketeer 16
Beverly Casteel 3 hr Ms M 24
new sheriff says you are to old 8 hr lie and conqure 63
Busted ... : ( 14 hr Country boy 9