First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just me

Greeneville, TN

#1 Aug 21, 2013
Why is it if you get turned down for disability, then go get a lawyer and you get disability?

If you was found not disabled the 1st time, then why are you found disabled the 2nd time. You're either disabled or you're not.

You think maybe the lawyer that gets like 30% of your back pay, gives the judge some of that money under the table?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 21, 2013
Just me wrote:
Why is it if you get turned down for disability, then go get a lawyer and you get disability?
If you was found not disabled the 1st time, then why are you found disabled the 2nd time. You're either disabled or you're not.
You think maybe the lawyer that gets like 30% of your back pay, gives the judge some of that money under the table?
Without a lawyer, they see you as a bill that can be paid later. With a lawyer, there is representation that will not be ignored and put on hold. It is kind of funny you mention this yet apparently, people on this forum think the funds are handed out like bowls in a soup line and with no question of authenticity of disability. It isn't easy to pry the money from their claws. Even with a Dr. saying that someone isn't able to work, they fight it. Not saying people do not abuse this, but tax money is getting put into this and coming back to people who do need it without question. I will worry about the small checks later. The ones that get exploited on a far greater scale with much less scrutiny on applicants needs to be focused on.
me only

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2013
I am In process of appealing my claim. Not sure if I should get an attorney or not. You work and pay in then can't get help when you can't work any more. I don't know where to start even looking for an attorney. I know there are alot of people that work the system and that's unfortunate for the ones who really need help.

“light always defeats darkness”

nowhere

#4 Aug 21, 2013
I did not have any trouble receiving disability when I applied. Doctor said if I were a horse, I would be shot. Was not sure if I would receive a check or a visit in the night. Apparently, it was obvious that I would never be able to work again. Just saying
carl edwards

Charlotte, NC

#5 Aug 21, 2013
If you bunch of deadbeats have enough physical and mental capacity to figure out how a computer works and use one to get on the internet, then you have the ability to go out and work. And I am not really interested in your sob stories or poor excuses on why you can't do the right thing. I know people who have no legs that are more willing to work than you lazy bums.
carl edwards

Charlotte, NC

#6 Aug 21, 2013
If you take a look at the federal budget you would see that the majority of our federal tax dollars are wasted on social security and medicare.

Basically, these people are all a bunch of deadbeats. A lot of them are just like you people. You are obviously capable of work, but you'd rather be spending time at home so you are faking a disability to get out of doing labor. "Ouch, my back hurts."

There are also a bunch of people relying on social security who were fiscally irresponsible, they spent their whole lives frittering away all their savings, and then when they are too old to work they have no money. They didn't save up anything for their own healthcare and retirement. Talk about a lack of personal responsibility.

The Federal government spends most of our tax money on social security and medicare. If I were in charge, these two programs would be the first to go.

These people have their hands out for a government check? Time to learn some personal responsibility. Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, I am not paying for you anymore.

Don't tread on me.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 21, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
If you bunch of deadbeats have enough physical and mental capacity to figure out how a computer works and use one to get on the internet, then you have the ability to go out and work. And I am not really interested in your sob stories or poor excuses on why you can't do the right thing. I know people who have no legs that are more willing to work than you lazy bums.
The top half works but the bottom half I can't feel. I will take your advise, rip up my disability check monthly, and find me a job that requires will spend the extra resources to assist me in doing my job.

It takes more than open eyes and a closed mind to make a point.
me only

United States

#8 Aug 21, 2013
Nothing lazy about me. I am not able to work because of a neck Injury and I am not looking for your sympathy. I have worked the past 29 years and PAID social security. I am not looking for a handout. I am looking to get what is mine that I have psid in if I ever needed it. I obviously need it or I would still be working instead of in pain daily which I take nothing for but OTC meds. I have not been to a doctor since April 2012. I am not an idiot by any means. I am well educated and had a very good paying job when I could no longer work. So, the only reason I am not working is because I CAN'T. So before you judge, you should no there are dome people that have filed for disability because they need it and can't work.
carl edwards

Charlotte, NC

#9 Aug 21, 2013
If you look at the federal budget you would see that the majority of our federal tax dollars are wasted on social security and medicare. Basically, these people are all a bunch of deadbeats. A lot of them are just like you people, you are capable of work, but you'd rather be spending time at home, so you are faking a disability to get out of doing work. "Ouch, my back hurts."

And then you have a bunch of people collecting social security that shouldn't be. Irresponsible people who spent their whole lives frittering away all their savings, and then when they are too old to work they have no money. They didn't save up anything for their own healthcare and retirement. Talk about a lack of personal responsibility.

The Federal government spends most of our tax money on social security and medicare. If I were in charge, these two programs would be the first to go. These deadbeats need to learn personal responsibility. I am not paying for you.

Don't tread on me.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 21, 2013
How many business owners/operators are inclined to spend anything extra on a worker that has medical issues of any kind that would increase insurance premiums and decrease productivity in this economy/society? Cutting corners is the only way that some are even in business now, so the option to be a good person and make those opportunities available could mean there is no job for anyone after bankruptcy.

Do more than focus on the lifestyle you envy for whatever reason. Living on next to nothing, and in most cases requiring more funds due to being disabled, is not a life of luxury. Show me the silver lining that is blinding you from the downfalls of being considered disabled, please.
blacksnake

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 21, 2013
I Am The Magician wrote:
I did not have any trouble receiving disability when I applied. Doctor said if I were a horse, I would be shot. Was not sure if I would receive a check or a visit in the night. Apparently, it was obvious that I would never be able to work again. Just saying
They probably read some of your posts and determined quickly that something was very wrong with you.

“light always defeats darkness”

nowhere

#12 Aug 21, 2013
Thank you for following my posts. You might be right. NSA is listening to everyone.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 21, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
If you look at the federal budget you would see that the majority of our federal tax dollars are wasted on social security and medicare. Basically, these people are all a bunch of deadbeats. A lot of them are just like you people, you are capable of work, but you'd rather be spending time at home, so you are faking a disability to get out of doing work. "Ouch, my back hurts."
And then you have a bunch of people collecting social security that shouldn't be. Irresponsible people who spent their whole lives frittering away all their savings, and then when they are too old to work they have no money. They didn't save up anything for their own healthcare and retirement. Talk about a lack of personal responsibility.
The Federal government spends most of our tax money on social security and medicare. If I were in charge, these two programs would be the first to go. These deadbeats need to learn personal responsibility. I am not paying for you.
Don't tread on me.
This is what a level-headed approach to the issues you state look like.

Medicaid should be converted from an open-ended matching grant program to a block grant, which would provide a fixed amount of funds to each state and allow the states more program flexibility. That was the successful approach used for welfare reform in 1996. Converting Medicaid to a block grant would reduce federal costs, while encouraging innovation by the states. Creating a block grant and capping spending growth at 3 percent a year would result in saving about $92 billion annually by 2023.14

Table 1 included modest Medicare changes based on CBO estimates.15 Reforms include increasing Medicare deductibles and increasing premiums for Part B to cover 35 percent of the programís costs. However, larger Medicare reforms are needed than just these cuts. Cato scholars have proposed moving to a system based on individual vouchers, personal savings, and consumer choice for elderly health care.16 Such a reform would create strong incentives for providers and patients to improve system quality and reduce costs.

For Social Security, the growth in initial benefits should be indexed to prices rather than wages to slow the programís growth. That reform would save $41 billion annually by 2023 and growing amounts after that.17 The plan also includes a CBO option to modestly raise the programís normal retirement age.18 In addition, the fast-growing Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income programs would be trimmed 10 percent under the plan.

- See more at: http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/plan-to-c...

Hop back on the very edge of that right wing and fly away. Then I wont have to tread on you.
South Greene Resident

Abingdon, VA

#14 Aug 21, 2013
If you live in Greeneville and you want disability, you must make yourself clear. When you are on the phone or on-line with whatever agency handles this request, you must say "I want to get on THE disability." No one here is on disability, they are on THE disability and very few of them deserve it!
Anonymous

Maggie Valley, NC

#15 Aug 21, 2013
I Am The Magician wrote:
Thank you for following my posts. You might be right. NSA is listening to everyone.
You're not famous for your posts,just your brown nosing.I don't think you're near the topic celebrity that you think you are.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#16 Aug 21, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
Don't tread on me.
Hey carl baby! You old enough for Social Security? You need it to supplement your pension? Medical problems in your old age? No private pension? Did you contribute to Social Security without complaint for all your working years? If and when you personally get to any of the above situations, write in. It's then called credibility.
carl edwards

Charlotte, NC

#17 Aug 21, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Hey carl baby! You old enough for Social Security? You need it to supplement your pension? Medical problems in your old age? No private pension? Did you contribute to Social Security without complaint for all your working years? If and when you personally get to any of the above situations, write in. It's then called credibility.
Congress has been unable to pass a federal budget for years, which means that every 3 or 4 weeks the federal government goes bankrupt. Then John Boner and Harry Reid have to drag their butts to capitol hill and pass a temporary emergency budget just to keep government from collapsing. How pathetic.

Federal budget proposals originate in the House committee which is currently chaired by Paul Ryan. And, of course, the House wants to ram through the conservative budget proposal that Paul Ryan designed himself.

The Ryan proposal is why Congress cannot agree on a budget. One significant thing this proposal does is privatize social security. Basically if you are over 55, you get your social security and medicare benefits with no alternations. A nice fat check in the mailbox. If you are 3 seconds younger than 55, your social security contributions are all invested in Wall Street and then you get a social security coupon when you get old. A nice fat IOU.

It shouldn't come as a shocker that all those senior citizens who are already safely ensured their benefits overwhelmingly supported the Romney/Ryan platform, and that platform's centerpiece included the Ryan budget proposal that would obviously have been pushed through by a Romney administration.

So in other words, all the old farts in this country voted themselves big fat social security and medicare benefits, while at the same time their vote meant that when you or I get old, instead of getting the same benefits, we will get a coupon instead. Nice.

You freaking deadbeats.

For people who are 52 years old and have been working and contributing to social security all their lives, being mortally betrayed by people who are just 4 years older seems like it would be upsetting.

Which is exactly why I support a different plan. Take social security and medicare away from everyone, period. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

We've been told time and time again that social security is a ponzi scheme. Social security is bankrupt. Social security doesn't work. Social security is communism.

So why is it that if you are over 55 years of age, social security is the same thing as rainbows and unicorns, but if you are 52 years old, you shouldn't be allowed to get it?

Answer: old people are controlling the conversation, old people want to have social security benefits for themselves, but they don't want you to have the same benefits when you get old.

So the question I ask you, Outlaw Racer, is why do you think old people deserve credibility with respect to social security, and why do you think I have no credibility?

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#18 Aug 22, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress has been unable to pass a federal budget for years, which means that every 3 or 4 weeks the federal government goes bankrupt. Then John Boner and Harry Reid have to drag their butts to capitol hill and pass a temporary emergency budget just to keep government from collapsing. How pathetic.
Federal budget proposals originate in the House committee which is currently chaired by Paul Ryan. And, of course, the House wants to ram through the conservative budget proposal that Paul Ryan designed himself.
The Ryan proposal is why Congress cannot agree on a budget. One significant thing this proposal does is privatize social security. Basically if you are over 55, you get your social security and medicare benefits with no alternations. A nice fat check in the mailbox. If you are 3 seconds younger than 55, your social security contributions are all invested in Wall Street and then you get a social security coupon when you get old. A nice fat IOU.
It shouldn't come as a shocker that all those senior citizens who are already safely ensured their benefits overwhelmingly supported the Romney/Ryan platform, and that platform's centerpiece included the Ryan budget proposal that would obviously have been pushed through by a Romney administration.
So in other words, all the old farts in this country voted themselves big fat social security and medicare benefits, while at the same time their vote meant that when you or I get old, instead of getting the same benefits, we will get a coupon instead. Nice.
You freaking deadbeats.
For people who are 52 years old and have been working and contributing to social security all their lives, being mortally betrayed by people who are just 4 years older seems like it would be upsetting.
Which is exactly why I support a different plan. Take social security and medicare away from everyone, period. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
We've been told time and time again that social security is a ponzi scheme. Social security is bankrupt. Social security doesn't work. Social security is communism.
So why is it that if you are over 55 years of age, social security is the same thing as rainbows and unicorns, but if you are 52 years old, you shouldn't be allowed to get it?
Answer: old people are controlling the conversation, old people want to have social security benefits for themselves, but they don't want you to have the same benefits when you get old.
So the question I ask you, Outlaw Racer, is why do you think old people deserve credibility with respect to social security, and why do you think I have no credibility?
After reviewing your dogmatic declarations on this and other posts, I am pondering whether to consider you (and the possible others using this name) as an out-and-out misanthrope, or a type of anarchist who wishes to incite many readers of Greeneville Topix by playing to their biases. If what you have stated is true, I have to wonder how you function in today's society. If agitation and antagonism is your aim, congratulations on your success. Carry on. Anon.
genius

Knoxville, TN

#19 Aug 22, 2013
carl edwards wrote:
<quoted text>
You freaking deadbeats.
youll never get a straight answer from OR. he is a complete dork sitting there with his thesausus picking a word or two he thinks sounds intelligent and tries to respond using them them.
peter

Johnson City, TN

#20 Aug 22, 2013
if you da mn people would click my links and visit my websites instead of complaining about spam then I wouldn't be trying to get disability.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Mikey Gosnell 1 hr Team Mikey 8
Atheists 1 hr Big Bang 21
Support Solutions House Managers 2 hr Angie 15
Holly Rucker Appreciation Thread 2 hr Dragon 2
2 found dead last night in greene county 4 hr Cunning Linguist 16
Greeneville High Public or Private 4 hr Powers that Be 13
Trump at 37% 4 hr Zinger 42
SG moving to AA 5 hr Analysis 106
The Trump Troubadour has stopped singing 5 hr Really 27
Breaking news! 13 hr Atticus Finch 12