Protestors at Light Office
Jeef

Johnson City, TN

#82 Aug 4, 2011
It just adds to WT's closed door policy.
Jeef

Johnson City, TN

#83 Aug 4, 2011
What the heck is a "voicer"?

Two meetings will be held today regarding changing the town of Greeneville's structure.

Greeneville Mayor W. T. Daniels explained the reason for the meeting.

(VOICER: Daniels GEN 0003 MD 86)

Following Hardy's presentation, a question and answer session will be held.

The first meeting will be held from noon until 1:00 p.m. The second meeting will be held from 6:00 until 7:00 p.m. Both meetings will be held in the G. Thomas Love Boardroom at Greenville Light & Power.
Hmmmm

Kingsport, TN

#84 Aug 4, 2011
Jeef wrote:
What the heck is a "voicer"?
Two meetings will be held today regarding changing the town of Greeneville's structure.
Greeneville Mayor W. T. Daniels explained the reason for the meeting.
(VOICER: Daniels GEN 0003 MD 86)
Following Hardy's presentation, a question and answer session will be held.
The first meeting will be held from noon until 1:00 p.m. The second meeting will be held from 6:00 until 7:00 p.m. Both meetings will be held in the G. Thomas Love Boardroom at Greenville Light & Power.
Assuming you copied and pasted this from WGRV's news page, a "voicer" is a cue to run a recording of an interview. Since I heard the news on the radio this morning, I know they ran a recording of Daniels talking about the meeting. The letters and numbers after the name probably refer to the location and possibly the sound level at which to set the "player" for the clip.
Your stupid

United States

#85 Aug 4, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at the Greeneville board of mayor and alderman meeting you won't ....unless you live in Greeneville city limits. But then again, why would you want to if you don't live there?
Yes I did dumbass! I had to go to George Clem or whatever it is to finish up the application for my child to start school in the county. They called me in there. You dont know shit so you are the one on here bitchin. The county has rights in the city too, we dont get our trash hauled off for us cuz we do it our damn self. I dont give a shit what greenville does but why did I have to go in there for my kids schooling if we live in the county 30 miles away? Answer that smartass. Everyone I know had to, evidentally you dontknow anything.
Simple

Rockwell, NC

#86 Aug 4, 2011
Your stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did dumbass! I had to go to George Clem or whatever it is to finish up the application for my child to start school in the county. They called me in there. You dont know shit so you are the one on here bitchin. The county has rights in the city too, we dont get our trash hauled off for us cuz we do it our damn self. I dont give a shit what greenville does but why did I have to go in there for my kids schooling if we live in the county 30 miles away? Answer that smartass. Everyone I know had to, evidentally you dontknow anything.
If you could comprehend what you read you would understand I was talking about speaking before the mayor. I feel sorry for you spawn to have to have such an ingnorant, skank of a parent
oh man

Johnson City, TN

#87 Aug 4, 2011
All my business is conducted in Greeneville. Thats were we go to school, pay our utilities, car insurance, buy gas and groceries and also where I work. I just happen to sleep right outside of the city limits. I hardly see how this new policy is fair. When people ask me where I live i say Greeneville Tennessee, not the township of Chuckey. (even though my address is indeed in chuckey) The city doesnt want to hear what anybody has to say unless you can vote there, yet they expect us to keep Greeneville's economy going by conducting business there. Greeneville would shut down if everybody in greene county spent their money elsewhere.
dare you

Nashville, TN

#88 Aug 4, 2011
Should any of you decide to do some research, you will find that without the county population spending their hard earned money in the city, there are not enough of a population in the city to keep the city a float for very long. Do some research --- I dare you.
Der

White Pine, TN

#89 Aug 5, 2011
oh man wrote:
...When people ask me where I live i say Greeneville Tennessee, not the township of Chuckey.(even though my address is indeed in chuckey)...
Well I'll give you this, you certainly have the makings of a politician. You apparently speak untruths with the greatest of ease.
You saying you live in Greeneville while you actually live in Chuckey doesn't make it so. It just means you tell people incorrectly where you actually live.
John

Mooresville, NC

#90 Aug 5, 2011
I think you forget the man who stopped the traffic cameras was county. He was invited to speak so what changed?
dare you wrote:
Should any of you decide to do some research, you will find that without the county population spending their hard earned money in the city, there are not enough of a population in the city to keep the city a float for very long. Do some research --- I dare you.
youre an idiot

Johnson City, TN

#91 Aug 5, 2011
Der wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll give you this, you certainly have the makings of a politician. You apparently speak untruths with the greatest of ease.
You saying you live in Greeneville while you actually live in Chuckey doesn't make it so. It just means you tell people incorrectly where you actually live.
Who the hell ever heard of Chuckey TN? I do the very same thing and I live in Afton. Greeneville is easier to find on a map, everybody knows where it is. Good god man, grow up. I have a sister-in-law that lives outside of Knoxville but if you ask her she'll say she lives in Knoxville. I dont even know the name of the suburb community she actually lives in nor do I care. All I know is that we drive to Knoxville when we visit. Youre such an idiot.
youre an idiot

Johnson City, TN

#92 Aug 5, 2011
I guess you didnt consider the content of the post. In all actuality this person does live in Greeneville. He just happens to SLEEP in Chuckey. Its not an untruth at all. The place you spend your waking time, energy and money is where a person lives, not where they lay their head or get their mail.
not

Jonesborough, TN

#93 Aug 5, 2011
dare you wrote:

What I found is this: 2010 Greene County Population 68,831 while the Greeneville City Population is 15,076!! I doubt that the City people will still grasp just how much they need the county people to keep their homes, pay their light bills, go on their vacations, etc., etc. With the new Dollar Stores moving out in the counties, the City may find it even harder to do without our money. Heck, I say let's all just head to Johnson City, Morristown, Knoxville or wherever else we can go and do our shopping. Even if the City goes bust, won't hurt me, I don't need their garbage pickup, their lousy stores, their smart words against the county people, etc., etc. I could care less about their meetings either. But, somebody with some sense needs to be attending and instructing these guys/gals on what people really want in this town. We will be heading up to Johnson City this afternoon to have a meal worth paying for at the Olive Garden!! OH, and by the way, the city had a decline in growth of around 0.79%-- now there is a surprise -- not.
not

Jonesborough, TN

#94 Aug 5, 2011
youre an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell ever heard of Chuckey TN? I do the very same thing and I live in Afton. Greeneville is easier to find on a map, everybody knows where it is. Good god man, grow up. I have a sister-in-law that lives outside of Knoxville but if you ask her she'll say she lives in Knoxville. I dont even know the name of the suburb community she actually lives in nor do I care. All I know is that we drive to Knoxville when we visit. Youre such an idiot.
Are you for real? I have lived in Chuckey, TN my whole life. Chuckey even has a zip code 37641!! When folks ask where I live, I say Chuckey, TN. Why on earth would someone say they live in Greeneville when they live in Chuckey, Tennessee?
not

Jonesborough, TN

#95 Aug 5, 2011
youre an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
So, too, are you saying that if someone wants to find where you live on a map -- you send them to look for Greeneville? Guess maybe the county people are better at reading a map. Maps are quite high tech these days -- especially on the internet. Try it, look up Chuckey, Tennessee -- see, you don't need to tell them to find Greeneville FIRST. You can go directly to Chuckey, Tennessee. The internet will even blow it up for you. Get with the new high tech stuff -- it will amaze you.
Mike

Gallatin, TN

#96 Aug 5, 2011
I will not buy anything in a community that does not want my voice just my money. What a slap in the face of alot of good county people.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#97 Aug 5, 2011
WhereRurBrains wrote:
WTF is wrong with you people. We live in the county and we want to have a say in a city's government.
Then simply pay city taxes. WTF is wrong with you doing that?
Really

Blacksburg, SC

#98 Aug 5, 2011
youre an idiot wrote:
I guess you didnt consider the content of the post. In all actuality this person does live in Greeneville. He just happens to SLEEP in Chuckey. Its not an untruth at all. The place you spend your waking time, energy and money is where a person lives, not where they lay their head or get their mail.
Just tell everybody you live on the moon...it's the same solar system.
Really

White Pine, TN

#99 Aug 5, 2011
Mike wrote:
I will not buy anything in a community that does not want my voice just my money. What a slap in the face of alot of good county people.
Well Mike if that's so you'll not be buying much here on planet earth. The further you venture from your local area to go shopping the less people you'll find who will care what you think or have to say and only want you money.
Not

Johnson City, TN

#100 Aug 5, 2011
not wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? I have lived in Chuckey, TN my whole life. Chuckey even has a zip code 37641!! When folks ask where I live, I say Chuckey, TN. Why on earth would someone say they live in Greeneville when they live in Chuckey, Tennessee?
I believe he already explained why you moron.
people person

Johnson City, TN

#101 Aug 5, 2011
I'll never go back to greeneville either. I'd rather shop in a different solar system than support a people's economy who could give a care less about what I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your title back with Title Max (May '12) 18 min Doug 21
Dixie40 & Melsdesk TROLLS 26 min ccu 21
Here's some help for you all 27 min union 10
Transgender bathroom 40 min FriendofDog 56
Jordan Greenway 47 min turbo 8
Movie to be filmed in Greene County, TN 48 min stryker 15
Debate: Gay Marriage - Greeneville, TN (Jul '10) 1 hr GayleWood 7,639
Finally equal rights under the law for all 1 hr Humanist 129
Lack of understanding and intelligence in G'Vegas 2 hr Just saying 57
gneville sun hard up for news 3 hr Liberal 41