2010 Sheriff Election
First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Bubba

Gallatin, TN

#1 Jan 13, 2010
What do you all think. Should we vote to bring Burns back of vote for Terry JOnes
I PROMISE

Fort Campbell, TN

#2 Jan 14, 2010
Steve Burns won't get my vote. That's for sure!
TruthTeller

Nashville, TN

#3 Jan 15, 2010
Terry Jones has not even announced..I think Steve Burns has done an excellent and professional job during his time in office.Jones is a good old boy,but I do not believe he has both oars in the water..
greeneville voter

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jan 21, 2010
I will vote for anybody but Steve Burns
Voter Too

Hendersonville, TN

#5 Jan 21, 2010
Terry Jones was a joke when he was sheriff before and is still a joke!!
Jim

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jan 22, 2010
Hmmmm
Well

Fort Campbell, TN

#7 Feb 2, 2010
Jones has announced it now
U Oughta Know

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 2, 2010
Sheriff Burns is trying to stack the county commissioner elections so he can get his new detention center which, in turn, will mean higher taxes. In the meantime, there are lots of empty factories that could be renovated for a fraction of what a new jail would cost.

And let's not even mention the soaring crime rate and the rampant drug dealings going on in the area.

As I see it, Sheriff Burns is NOT in this job for the people, but for his own glory.
ncc

Fort Campbell, TN

#9 Feb 8, 2010
you hit the nail on the head...RIGHT what about the old walmart store that has parking and lots of room they can convert that and the people of Greene county would not be out as much money.. we need to think long and hard about this jail
U Oughta Know wrote:
Sheriff Burns is trying to stack the county commissioner elections so he can get his new detention center which, in turn, will mean higher taxes. In the meantime, there are lots of empty factories that could be renovated for a fraction of what a new jail would cost.
And let's not even mention the soaring crime rate and the rampant drug dealings going on in the area.
As I see it, Sheriff Burns is NOT in this job for the people, but for his own glory.
we are screwed

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Feb 9, 2010
We need somebody besides those two
John

Fort Campbell, TN

#11 Feb 9, 2010
we are screwed wrote:
We need somebody besides those two
No kidding!
Truth Teller

Nashville, TN

#12 Feb 9, 2010
You people seem to forget the fact that Terry Jones is the reason that Greene county had to build a workhouse in the first place.During his term in office,Jones managed to get the jail sued and decertified in only 3 years. That is a pretty good record.What do you think???
John

Fort Campbell, TN

#13 Feb 9, 2010
The jail needed to be decertified and still does. 6-8 people are in cells made for 4 people, with only 4 bunks..the rest sleep on the floor. That's still the situation today. You see other jails on the news being sued and decertified for things like this all the time, but not good ol Greene County.
For America

Johnson City, TN

#14 Feb 10, 2010
John

Let them keep 8 or 10 to each cell. They are not there because they were late to church.
If the state of Tennessee can do better, let them pick them up and place them in a state facility. It is time to stop cuddling this scum. Burns just wants a building with his name on it.
wildbilly43

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 10, 2010
Need to bring back the chain gangs. It ain't fair that the bums get to lay around in a cell all day without contributing something back to the community. It's a joke to send prisoners out on work release. They were put in jail, not a place to spend the night and go to work the next morning.
ncc

Fort Campbell, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2010
wildbilly43 wrote:
Need to bring back the chain gangs. It ain't fair that the bums get to lay around in a cell all day without contributing something back to the community. It's a joke to send prisoners out on work release. They were put in jail, not a place to spend the night and go to work the next morning.
I don't think we need the chain gang but we do need tougher laws and education for these men and women who keep going back.. If the jail is like that then you would think no one would want to be there.. I think think the judge should make sure they have a high school education at least and if they don't tack on there sentence,give them a chance then maybe they will try harder and not be stealing from us who do work and obey the laws
bhc9

Fort Campbell, TN

#17 Feb 12, 2010
i like catfish cookin on a creek bank
Georgia Lawman

Ashburn, VA

#18 Feb 12, 2010
The jails are full of people that don't want to do any better. Unless you make the environment of jail worse than the outside world, they will keep going back in where they get 3 meals and lots of rec time. While you are out there making a living for yourself and family, those bums are inside, watching TV, reading, and consuming your tax dollars.
Baileyton

Chuckey, TN

#19 Feb 15, 2010
Wesley Holt for Sheriff

Hendersonville, TN

#20 Feb 15, 2010
Baileyton wrote:
Wesley Holt for Sheriff
Thats a crock of bullsh#t!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Water Park! Waste of Tax Dollars! 39 min Micro degree 22
Another K9 Cop Dog Dead! 59 min Sheriff 23
Chelsea Acker 1 hr hondo 27
News Report: Brother 'Disemboweled' During Argument 1 hr Clifton Collins Jr. 1
Park Overall 2 hr WhereIsLaw 28
Regional Finance Corp Prepaid Loan Ck (Sep '13) 2 hr lee 11
A tat on a womans lower back means what? 3 hr just me 22
Property Tax Increase 8 hr Dr Wu 55
robin quillen leaves meeting 9 hr Mrs Roberson 23

Greeneville Jobs