Winnsboro, SC

#65 Mar 3, 2011
Laughlin sucks bandaid center
The answer

Gallatin, TN

#66 Mar 3, 2011
Ricky wrote:
Laughlin sucks bandaid center
Guess you didn't get the pain meds you were after. Thats the problem with hospitals these days. They cant provide adequate patient care because of all the drug addicted losers out there. I went to the doctor and I was really in ALOT of pain. But because I was in so much pain.. the doctor wouldn't give me any good pain medicine. I guess I cant blame him. I probably looked like a drug addict when I was curled up in a ball crying in pain. I probably looked like every other drug addict that walks into the ER. Because of those drug addicts people like me cant get help when we need it.
Jeffz

Fort Campbell, TN

#67 Mar 3, 2011
My grandmother is in there right now. When she got admitted, no one cheeked on her or nothing. We complained, and a cna goes in there to argue with my old grandmother that she had been checked on, and that's she's doing her job. What shitty service
What

Franklin, TN

#68 Mar 3, 2011
disgusted wrote:
Instead of building things that they don't need on the hospital campus, they should lower some of their prices for the people who have not insurance. It's totally outrageous what an ER visit costs.$300 to the hospital AND $300 to the ER doctor. C'mon $600 is just too much money!!! This is especially true when the hospital also takes in tax-breaks for being a so-called "not-for-profit" entity! This is why you see all of the unnecessary building and such because they are required to "spend some of that money" in order to keep their tax break status. How about funneling some of that tax break down to the patients!!!!!!!
What hospital are u going to? Try almost 3000 all together. 700 for the doc. 250 for rad. 52 for blood work 2300 for the room. Thats with no insurance
Yes Thank You

Franklin, TN

#69 Mar 3, 2011
Thank you wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe housekeepers have a very difficult job trying to clean up after people who literally live in these hospitals for days at a time. I agree both hospitals are clean and I wanted to say- you all do a great job and dont get told that enough. So Thank you.
Yeah the poor housekeepers have to clean after stupid nasty ppl also. Ones that like to wipe shit on the floors and walls. They dont care to just shit in the floor in the ER. Ppl need to respect the housekeepers.
_Really_

United States

#70 Mar 11, 2011
clue less wrote:
the wing has been close down due to a knew heating sys being put in ppl plz dont down our hospt for trying to make thing better for our hopst
A new heating system doesn't take 6 months to finish. And the fact they kept that wing shut down for so long cause they didn't have "enough patients" is a joke!!!! Bet if you were to ask any of the Nurses who work on 4w, they would tell ya differently!!! There ARE plenty of good nurses there but plenty of bad ones as well that bring the rest down. The entire hospital is understaffed, under payed, & over worked!! The whole place needs restructuring!! Mtn. St. coming in and taking over will be the only thing that will save that place, and if not, it's only a matter of time before A LOT of what most people don't know about that place will be made public and cause a fire storm that may not be survivable! Not bashing your post by any means, but the reality is inevitable! I really hope like hell that place does a 180 cause there is potential there to do a lot of good for the county, but not at the rate they are going and with current administration!!! You may be happy to work there, but anxious to know how long you have been there and what you do cause if(my opinion only) you have been there for a while and exposed to a lot, you should know exactly what I am talking about!!
CUFA

Brentwood, TN

#71 Mar 11, 2011
Laughlin hospital has the potential to surpass any facility its size but the leadership needs to expand and get fresh ideas and end the buddy system. What about your father being on the board when you are the CEO? Is that not suspect? Why are te elected mayors not part of the board as they are in the health department? That hospital does not need a MSHA or Wellmont to turn it around, just new dedicated leaders moving it forward at a rapid pace. WAKE UP citizens. Lets have some public oversight
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Franklin, TN

#72 Mar 11, 2011
Why dont all of you saviors of Greene County healthcare come out from behind your fake online names and employ your vast knowledge of healthcare administration in the real world.

I think you all have watched "Lean on Me" one to many times.

moved on

Knoxville, TN

#73 Mar 12, 2011
I really don't care about LMH now because I have changed doctors AND hospitals. And I'm much, much happier and healthier now than I ever was before. I feel like I'm being cared for as a patient not just someone to take money from. Laughlin way overcharges for their services and the care is no better.
uncaring docs

Julian, NC

#74 Mar 12, 2011
pain meds YEAH RIGHT wrote:
I almost broke my ankle last summer and they didn't give me pains meds. the doctor actually sucked. his exact words were "rest it tonight and then maybe try to walk tomorrow and, if it hurts. well i guess rest it some more until you can walk on it. But i think you will be okay" My ankle was huge and he didn't wrap it or give me crutches or anything i had to get those from friends and I was off my ankle about a week and a half. The doctor didn't care. It was later in the evening and I'd say it was about time for his shift to end so he just got me out of his face as soon as he could.
Dr yost?
uncaring docs

Julian, NC

#75 Mar 12, 2011
Where to Start wrote:
I love reading these comments from people who don't have a clue. It's so easy to talk, when you've never had to take care of sick or broken people. When you've never had people be rude and complain because you didn't get their coke to them fast enough. When no matter how hard you try, or how nice you are, these people can't be pleased. Let's not forget the family members who can't be bothered to help take care of their sick person because that's what the nurses are paid to do. Come work with me. Be responsible for not just the 10 patients you have but for all the others on the floor that will need something from you at some point during the shift. Try to get the medicines given to every patient who wants them at exactly nine am and not one second later. Try to keep the incontinent patients dry and turn the ones that need turning every two hours, because now Medicare won't pay for things like pneumonia if it's hospital aquired. Try to be polite when you get complaints about the food. Try to smile while patients question your judgement. Then listen while management keeps telling you that you have to do more and in less time. Sounds like a fun job, doesn't it? And yes I know that it's my chosen field, but when I started patients were different. There was more nurses and people worked together. A little understanding would go a long way. Trust me, when I'm not in your room I'm not somewhere snacking on bon bons. If you catch me sitting down, it's because I have to chart or because I too have pain when I'm on my feet all day. So go right ahead and say that I have an attitude because you don't understand that I'm trying to help you. Because I'm asking you to do something that you don't want to do. Because I won't let you smoke in your room. Because I won't give you more pain medicine because it's only been an hour since your last dose of hydros or oxys. Walk a mile in my shoes before you criticize my job and my hospital.
Dr Yost?
Observer

Brentwood, TN

#76 Mar 13, 2011
moved on wrote:
I really don't care about LMH now because I have changed doctors AND hospitals. And I'm much, much happier and healthier now than I ever was before. I feel like I'm being cared for as a patient not just someone to take money from. Laughlin way overcharges for their services and the care is no better.
Basically,all hospitals charge the same rate for services.It all depends on what insurance pays and doesn't pay.
CUFA

Brentwood, TN

#77 Mar 13, 2011
What about Summit medical group and the choke hold it has on Laughlin hspital. Talk about having the CEO by the gonads and lining their own pockets at the expense of hospital services. There is a ruling party at LMH called SMG. Sounds alot like Mountain states except for one big difference, the Vonderfect runs the show not the doctors. They are his pawns
disagree

Knoxville, TN

#78 Mar 13, 2011
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>Basically,all hospitals charge the same rate for services.It all depends on what insurance pays and doesn't pay.
Actually you're very wrong about the rate thing. All hospitals do NOT charge the same rate for services. That's absurd! It would be like saying that all grocery stores or gas stations charge the same for their products. The only thing that the hospitals can charge the same rate for are MEDICARE patient services because they are REQUIRED to by law. All bets are off, however, for private pay patients.
Here is why

Franklin, TN

#79 Mar 14, 2011
pipin in wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Laughlin and Mountains States have a joint operating agreement.
It's because Wings Air Rescue has a base there. That's it. MSHA don't have any ownership to LMH.
Observer

Brentwood, TN

#80 Mar 14, 2011
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're very wrong about the rate thing. All hospitals do NOT charge the same rate for services. That's absurd! It would be like saying that all grocery stores or gas stations charge the same for their products. The only thing that the hospitals can charge the same rate for are MEDICARE patient services because they are REQUIRED to by law. All bets are off, however, for private pay patients.
Grocery stores and gas stations are usually within a few cents of their prices,depending on the products you buy...Just like hospitals...
allaboutme

Johnson City, TN

#81 Mar 14, 2011
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>there is more to this story than you are telling........
No nothing more. I was violently ill and E R doc wanted to admit me, hospital protocol would not allow it. The dr sent me to a room.... Upstairs for outpatient procedure which was painful. The First nurse was gentile but at the end of her shift she left me with a younger nurse who was rough and ignorant. She not only was rough and ignorant but exceeded the number of attempts allowed to safely complete the procedure causing more pain.(I verified procedure protocol with laughlin.) I had no need for pain medication since I only can take Morton or Tylenol because of a seizure disorder and narcotics by rx or not is a danger to me! I was discharged for refusing treatment because I needed time to pull myself together before she started the procedure again for the 7th time! 4 times is the limit! So no, nothing more to the story except, dr wanted to admit me, hospital said no. Nurse 1 caring gentile, Nurse 2 an idiot, charge nurse, no follow up with me to verify claim of refusing treatment and discharges pt with no follow up instructions. Procedure could have caused me a heart attack or stroke. the dangers increase with each attempt because of of the procedure itself but also the damage caused by it also!
allaboutme

Johnson City, TN

#82 Mar 14, 2011
Where to Start wrote:
I love reading these comments from people who don't have a clue. It's so easy to talk, when you've never had to take care of sick or broken people. When you've never had people be rude and complain because you didn't get their coke to them fast enough. When no matter how hard you try, or how nice you are, these people can't be pleased. Let's not forget the family members who can't be bothered to help take care of their sick person because that's what the nurses are paid to do. Come work with me. Be responsible for not just the 10 patients you have but for all the others on the floor that will need something from you at some point during the shift. Try to get the medicines given to every patient who wants them at exactly nine am and not one second later. Try to keep the incontinent patients dry and turn the ones that need turning every two hours, because now Medicare won't pay for things like pneumonia if it's hospital aquired. Try to be polite when you get complaints about the food. Try to smile while patients question your judgement. Then listen while management keeps telling you that you have to do more and in less time. Sounds like a fun job, doesn't it? And yes I know that it's my chosen field, but when I started patients were different. There was more nurses and people worked together. A little understanding would go a long way. Trust me, when I'm not in your room I'm not somewhere snacking on bon bons. If you catch me sitting down, it's because I have to chart or because I too have pain when I'm on my feet all day. So go right ahead and say that I have an attitude because you don't understand that I'm trying to help you. Because I'm asking you to do something that you don't want to do. Because I won't let you smoke in your room. Because I won't give you more pain medicine because it's only been an hour since your last dose of hydros or oxys. Walk a mile in my shoes before you criticize my job and my hospital.
I agree that most nurses get the bad end. Hours are mind numbing, no patient is joyous when they get there and the ER is limited to what is allowed to treat. Now with that being said, my dr wanted to admit me but administration said no. I assumed the dr knew what was best for my care. ER nurse was great as well as my first procedure nurse. Now for the problem. 2nd procedure nurse was an idiot, now follow up by the charge nurse and nursing supervisor took a complaint. She had left me in the hall to wait for the ER dr to write an antibiotic script because of potential infection the procedure could cause. No, not all are bad but the accountability and regulations are poor. So, ER was good but upstairs staff and admitting was far less than acceptable. No u can not say the hospital is bad from one incident but..... If it is always something like forgetting lab work results or losing the chart of a car accident patient with head trauma, no chart means no patient. After asking how much longer for 3rd time and 4 1/2 hours later, finally found out no one knew we were there since there was no chart.
pipin in

Knoxville, TN

#83 Mar 14, 2011
Here is why wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because Wings Air Rescue has a base there. That's it. MSHA don't have any ownership to LMH.
No, the two entities have an official joint operating agreement. It was done several years ago. There was media coverage on it. It doesn't mean that MSHA owns Laughlin rather it's like an official business partnership.
re lmh

Murfreesboro, TN

#84 May 29, 2011
been there once with each child. the ER doctor YOST was a joke. he treated my child from the door never once stepped in the room and touched her arm. gave my 8 year old paid medication and that was it. then i over heard the nurses on why he was in such a hurry. her name is marie shipley. if LMH would stop running a whore house.it may improve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Greer 4 min bill 5
***** last post wins ***** 12 min Independent1 1,379
WHAT R ALL U Silent Viewers Reading??? (Apr '14) 16 min Wang Chung 289
Choirist thing u fount under ur bed? 19 min Independent1 4
Veronica 23 min z0neCrew 203
Billy Mathes& Eddie Hensley (Aug '13) 25 min psycho biatch 21
Ur church get slap hapy? 48 min Kohlrabi 2
psycho moms (Nov '12) 3 hr shapeshift 89
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 5 hr Word Worth 7,505
I spy with my little eye 20 hr Independent1 171