omg

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 Feb 8, 2011
local wrote:
most of the problem is the free health care they have to give away at the emergency room. Out of every 20 people that go to the emergency room .... only 1 pays their bill in full. D@mn dead beats playing the system while honest, hard working folks have to foot the bill...
So people who can't afford the astronomical cost of emergency medical care should stay home and die?? The elderly and the poor don't deserve to have their wounds cared for and broken bones mended? If your grandma falls and breaks her hip and can't afford the bill, she's a deadbeat?

You dumb heartless bas+ard. DEADBEATS are people who won't pay their child support or bartabs. When somebody's apendix ruptures or their baby gets pneumonia, what else can they do? According to your logic, only the wealthy deserve to live. I'd bet my as$ that if you got hurt and couldn't afford to pay the bill, you'd still go to the hospital.
howcome

Richmond, VA

#22 Feb 9, 2011
well said. some of those people are single parents, some of those are those who workeed for 20 years and they have lost hier job and benefits maybe even thier home. and yes swome go with no intention of paying, but the dr took an oath.
howcome

Richmond, VA

#23 Feb 9, 2011
lord have mercy i should proof read before i send this. my spelling on the last one was horrid. sorry

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#24 Feb 9, 2011
quote from low paid nurse>

i disagree when i went to lmh for a possible fx ankel they tried to give me a shot and when i refused the nurse got an attitude w me.@ trh they have a no wait program, their docs r a lot nicer, from my own personal experience.
low paid nurse
Itasca, IL

Wednesday Feb 2 and i personal dont take anything other then advil so and trh docs have respected me for that and has never gotten any attitudes w me ever. pluse the office people will call u when u leave the hosp to c how ur doing or send a thank u card

Now #1...if you were truly a nurse..you would spell ankle correctly.#2 pluse..is not a word that I am aware of...it's PLUS or pulse...apparently if you were a NURSE, your charting is terrible.
You're giving nurses a bad name here.
allaboutme

Johnson City, TN

#25 Feb 9, 2011
Laughlin kicked me out for refusal of treatment! I was having a procedure done and asked the nurse ( nursing assistant) to stop between steps for a few minutes so I could catch my breath due to pain. Yes, the nurse waked out with out a word, came back with discharge papers and showed me to the elevator. Charge nurse never came to verify the assistants claim. Real big joke. For Laughlin to call themselves medical professionals is too embarrassing. Employees there are the ones that make people want to talk about the "uneducated south"and on and on.
Worthington

Kingsport, TN

#28 Feb 9, 2011
MSHA sucks wrote:
Laughlin is run by Mountain States Health Alliance (what a joke of a name). They are nothing but greedy control freaks who could care less about their patients.
Johnson City Medical Center is also run by these Nazi wannabes. Last year in February we were visiting a friend and saw a woman with an IV pole in the visitors parking lot (across the road from the hospital) smoking, dressed in her gown with a light jacket on.
The "compassionate" nazis at the hospital would not let her smoke near the hospital building and out of the wind and cold, and their smoke police bullied her into the parking lot.
So, that is how it is - they can hire smoke police to harass smokers but won't pay for extra nursing staff. That is what MSHA is all about.
First of all, if she is in the hospital, the dumb bitch probably shouldn't be smoking in the first place.

Second of all, MOST hospitals have smoke free facilities and entrance ways. Because other patients and visitors shouldn't have to be exposed to that crap, especially if they have breathing issues like asthma.

Poor, poor redneck woman. Having to go out in the cold to smoke. My heart really bleeds for her.
hmmmmm

Hendersonville, NC

#29 Feb 9, 2011
allaboutme wrote:
Laughlin kicked me out for refusal of treatment! I was having a procedure done and asked the nurse ( nursing assistant) to stop between steps for a few minutes so I could catch my breath due to pain. Yes, the nurse waked out with out a word, came back with discharge papers and showed me to the elevator. Charge nurse never came to verify the assistants claim. Real big joke. For Laughlin to call themselves medical professionals is too embarrassing. Employees there are the ones that make people want to talk about the "uneducated south"and on and on.
there is more to this story than you are telling........
hmmmmm

Hendersonville, NC

#30 Feb 9, 2011
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
So people who can't afford the astronomical cost of emergency medical care should stay home and die?? The elderly and the poor don't deserve to have their wounds cared for and broken bones mended? If your grandma falls and breaks her hip and can't afford the bill, she's a deadbeat?
You dumb heartless bas+ard. DEADBEATS are people who won't pay their child support or bartabs. When somebody's apendix ruptures or their baby gets pneumonia, what else can they do? According to your logic, only the wealthy deserve to live. I'd bet my as$ that if you got hurt and couldn't afford to pay the bill, you'd still go to the hospital.
it's the sorry @$$ people that goes to the emergency room with a 100 degree fever so they can get a Dr's prescription to get tylanol from the drug store for free instead of paying 5 bucks for a bottle to begin with. bunch of d@mn lazy@SS Obama-ites..... GRRRRR
omg

Murfreesboro, TN

#31 Feb 9, 2011
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the sorry @$$ people that goes to the emergency room with a 100 degree fever so they can get a Dr's prescription to get tylanol from the drug store for free instead of paying 5 bucks for a bottle to begin with. bunch of d@mn lazy@SS Obama-ites..... GRRRRR
That's so ridiculous I can't believe you even typed it.

You think people go to the ER with a low fever, where they would most likely have to wait for hours and be subjected to tests and shots and THEN have to wait SEVERAL HOURS MORE, for $5 worth of free tylenol?!?

You're on crack.
hmmmmm

Hendersonville, NC

#32 Feb 9, 2011
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so ridiculous I can't believe you even typed it.
You think people go to the ER with a low fever, where they would most likely have to wait for hours and be subjected to tests and shots and THEN have to wait SEVERAL HOURS MORE, for $5 worth of free tylenol?!?
You're on crack.
it happens all the time .... sorry you are too blind to see it. Takoma advertises a 10 to 15 min wait time at the er...... not hours you @$$...... it may take hours before you can talk them into giving you some nerve pills or oxy......
omg

Murfreesboro, TN

#33 Feb 9, 2011
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
it happens all the time .... sorry you are too blind to see it. Takoma advertises a 10 to 15 min wait time at the er...... not hours you @$$...... it may take hours before you can talk them into giving you some nerve pills or oxy......
You never said anything about narcotics. YOU SAID THEY DID IT BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO CHEAP TO PAY FOR $5 OF TYLENOL. You can't change your assertion after you realize how stupid you sounded.

People may TRY to get pain meds from the ER and wait hours for THAT, but it's extremely rare that doctors prescribe pain meds to ER patients, if you are in that bad of shape they would admit you to the hospital and not send you home. and they NEVER give them to folks who come in with only 100 degree fevers as you were mentioning. you never mentioned dopers in either of your posts. You said people go to get free over-the-counter tylenol for their 100 degree fevers. You're an idiot.
I work there

Murfreesboro, TN

#34 Feb 9, 2011
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait time is actually based on the urgency of your situation. People with chest pain, broken bones, large/bleeding wounds, etc. get in immediately... low fevers, stomach flu, rashes, etc. tend to have longer wait times and depending upon the night's traffic, it can be hours. Guidelines are very strict for despensing the medications you listed and I can guarantee it is much harder to acquire them from the hospital (as opposed to a pain clinic) that you make it out to be.
pain meds YEAH RIGHT

Heiskell, TN

#35 Feb 9, 2011
I almost broke my ankle last summer and they didn't give me pains meds. the doctor actually sucked. his exact words were "rest it tonight and then maybe try to walk tomorrow and, if it hurts. well i guess rest it some more until you can walk on it. But i think you will be okay" My ankle was huge and he didn't wrap it or give me crutches or anything i had to get those from friends and I was off my ankle about a week and a half. The doctor didn't care. It was later in the evening and I'd say it was about time for his shift to end so he just got me out of his face as soon as he could.
okay

Jonesborough, TN

#36 Feb 9, 2011
alot of doctors do rush you in and out. but because these ppl that come in there that are "sick" well go to the family doctor or takomas urget care. not a emergency room. i dont think your cold will kill you before you get to a doctor. not a er doctor. most of them are so tired of these ppl coming in just to get pain meds or because their insur. will pay for a free er bill. just to tell you "well you got strep throat." srry huns they didnt go to school for that or they would be in a er. on from that the nurse are worked hard. but its their job. most are hateful and i agree shouldnt be nurses but hey you cant fire someone for being a rude person. only if they dont take care of you right. nurse are amazing their i worked with some there and they are some sweet young ladys. doctors are the ones over worked. they need more doctors. then maybe they would miss thing and treat you worng. they see sooooo many ppl a day. its hard not to be in a rush. and the stress is unbelieveable. remember that.
Moody River

Nashville, TN

#37 Feb 9, 2011
See the other thread that is named Laughlin Memorial Hospital -Noah Roark. You can learn alot from this thread.
Moody River

Nashville, TN

#38 Feb 9, 2011
MimawOf4 wrote:
I've never seen anything like it either. I was a patient recently and I do feel for the girls on my floor. Can any past or present employees tell me to whom I should write to voice my concerns? I know most letters probably get tossed in the trash can. is there anybody who might give a hoot if I wrote in? Let be be clear I got good care from the nurses WHEN I got it but they were stretched pretty dang thin and I felt bad for them. At least the place is clean but they DO need more help.
It will not do you any good to complain. You can try to talk to the Chuck Whitfield CEO but he is not going to do anything. He will act like he is going to take care of it but he will barely mention it. Talking to Noah Roark will not get you anywhere but Noah's big lying mug smiling and acting like he cares. I go to Takoma and will NEVER step foot back into LMH. I worked there so I know what behind the scenes look like. Try calling Joint Commission. They have a website and you can get their number from there. You will get farther here than you will going to Chuck or Noah.
JEezus

Smyrna, TN

#39 Feb 10, 2011
man healthcare should be top notch and free. but i like laughlin the nurses are pretty. lol.
low paid nurse

Santa Barbara, CA

#40 Feb 10, 2011
well heck i thougt this was a gossip website not a spelling contest. 1 any nurse would no u do ur charting on a comp and unless ur typing a nursing note all u do is click a box. 2 my phone will change words on me when i type. 3 u got me i could care less
low paid nurse

Santa Barbara, CA

#41 Feb 10, 2011
how i type on this site. and 4 i do my job well and care about my pts so while i do my job the last thing im thinking about is how to spell words. they do have spell check, and google. so have a grand day ;) (ps i dt really care what)
patient

Hermitage, TN

#42 Feb 17, 2011
My family and I switched to Takoma about 2 years ago. I had always went to Laughlin. I had to have surgery and my doctor would only do the surgery at Takoma. I was so impressed that we made the decision to switch. They were more professional and they didn't act like I was bothering them when I needed something. I never received the care at Laughlin like I did at Takoma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Fillers 4 min Really 12
wheel tax 9 min fred sanford 168
ANOTHER bad wreck on 107 25 min truthfeelsgood 2
Greene Valley 53 min lisa 14
Who was ur favrite doet? 1 hr TAXpayer 2
amala hughes (Jan '11) 2 hr uralljealous 49
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 3 hr Red_Forman 6,776
Fixing the problems with greene county 8 hr Middle Class Mill... 23
Eddie Jennings 8 hr Hick 71
Wreck on Erwin hwy 8 hr Civil Liberties 65
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl