Niswonger Secretary
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#1 Feb 14, 2012
A lady places $472,000 in jewelry in a consignment store to sell and does not get a receipt. What is going on here?????????
what

Nashville, TN

#2 Feb 14, 2012
what jewlery store?
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#3 Feb 14, 2012
Jewelers Market, Greeneville Sun, today's paper page A3, typical trying to bury it, should have been Front Page Headline, similar to Pot Plane, no coverage till forced to.
Widow Maker

Kingston Springs, TN

#4 Feb 14, 2012
Allow me to re-post from the Scott Niswonger worshipping thread.

I wonder what's in Scott's heart as it concerns suing the estate of the late David Parker and The Jewelers Market? Maybe I'm the only one, but in my eyes the move makes him seem greedy and selfish. He wants the court to award him $400,000 retail for $100,000 of wholesale? Use attorneys and the court system to show the smaller customers, "screw you, I got mine". And all based on a verbal agreement? I guess for a billionaire,$100,000 is still enough to use his influence to keep others, including a grieving widow and children from any hope. I hope the Parker family don't get literally moved outside into the call so our local philanthropist can keep his pennies. You're a class act Niswonger.
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#5 Feb 14, 2012
I appreciate your comment Widow Maker and it is very appropriate but what I am wondering is why one business would send something of that much value to another business and get no paperwork and use the secretary to deliver the GOODS.
Just the facts

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 14, 2012
The suit was filed about a week before the suicide.
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#7 Feb 14, 2012
He could have pulled it. But nice guy he is, he didn't.
here we go again

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 14, 2012
What the Heck wrote:
I appreciate your comment Widow Maker and it is very appropriate but what I am wondering is why one business would send something of that much value to another business and get no paperwork and use the secretary to deliver the GOODS.
hate to burst your bubble people. Niswonger bought Lancaster Jeweler's when they were going out of business--Jewelry and all. Niswonger thought a verbal agreement to leave the jewelry there on consignment was all that's needed. Obviously many people did that. He's not a billionaire. My how the story grows. Will be a trillionaire tomorrow. It was his jewelry. I bet you would sue someone if they kept over 400,000 worth of your property. People sue people everyday for a lot less. It has been over two years. We all buy jewelry at retail knowing it's marked up significantly. The paper was giving the retail value, then the wholesale value. We buy things everyday that are marked up alot. Clothes, food, gasoline etc. Think of all the sales stores have, they're still not losing money because the merchandise is so marked up in the first place. Hate to disappoint the conspiracy crowd once again. It is what it says it is. As the newspaper article said, there were numerous people trying to get their jewelry back. God bless David, and his family. It's so easy to mean well, and then let things get out of control. It doesn't mean anyone's a bad person necessarily (unless the motive is intentional), it just means we all mess up sometimes. And it usually affects the people we love the most. I suggest you read some mystery novels to satisfy your appetite for looking for the worst in someone.
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#9 Feb 14, 2012
What evidence do you have that it was his jewelry?
legal mind

Dickson, TN

#10 Feb 14, 2012
large value property, large amounts of money changing hands, no paper trail, sounds like this should be somewhere else than receivership
me think

Boiling Springs, SC

#11 Feb 14, 2012
I wouldn't care if I had a trillion dollars. What's mine is mine and I would get it back. I don't know the whole details, but sounds like this guy was basically stealing. Again I don't know, just what it sounds like by the things read on Topix.
For Real

Kingston Springs, TN

#12 Feb 15, 2012
Widow Maker wrote:
I wonder what's in Scott's heart as it concerns suing the estate of the late David Parker and The Jewelers Market? Maybe I'm the only one, but in my eyes the move makes him seem greedy and selfish. He wants the court to award him $400,000 retail for $100,000 of wholesale? Use attorneys and the court system to show the smaller customers, "screw you, I got mine". And all based on a verbal agreement? I guess for a billionaire,$100,000 is still enough to use his influence to keep others, including a grieving widow and children from any hope. I hope the Parker family don't get literally moved outside into the call so our local philanthropist can keep his pennies. You're a class act Niswonger.
This was in the works long before the tragedy in the Parker family.I am sure there are others if they had the means to pursue it..
For Real

Kingston Springs, TN

#13 Feb 15, 2012
here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>hate to burst your bubble people. Niswonger bought Lancaster Jeweler's when they were going out of business--Jewelry and all. Niswonger thought a verbal agreement to leave the jewelry there on consignment was all that's needed. Obviously many people did that. He's not a billionaire. My how the story grows. Will be a trillionaire tomorrow. It was his jewelry. I bet you would sue someone if they kept over 400,000 worth of your property. People sue people everyday for a lot less. It has been over two years. We all buy jewelry at retail knowing it's marked up significantly. The paper was giving the retail value, then the wholesale value. We buy things everyday that are marked up alot. Clothes, food, gasoline etc. Think of all the sales stores have, they're still not losing money because the merchandise is so marked up in the first place. Hate to disappoint the conspiracy crowd once again. It is what it says it is. As the newspaper article said, there were numerous people trying to get their jewelry back. God bless David, and his family. It's so easy to mean well, and then let things get out of control. It doesn't mean anyone's a bad person necessarily (unless the motive is intentional), it just means we all mess up sometimes. And it usually affects the people we love the most. I suggest you read some mystery novels to satisfy your appetite for looking for the worst in someone.
Well said..and with some fact.
ohmy

Antioch, TN

#14 Feb 15, 2012
And his fan club sings Scott is our leader we all suck his peter. He can do no wrong because he buys our thongs. And the angles sing. May Scott bless you.
What the Heck

Dickson, TN

#15 Feb 15, 2012
The law is very clear about verbal agreements, they are based on trust alone, when the trust is gone, what is left, nothing. It is not Scott Niswonger's property, it belongs first to creditors, then to the estate. Only influence and or money would give Mr. Niswonger any legitimate claim. He should learn contract law and be smarter in the future and stop this rediculous charade to claim what is no longer his. If you don't believe me go ask Pat Summitt about verbal agreements, she can tell you they are worthless.
and

United States

#16 Feb 15, 2012
There were 42-46 indictments on him before he killed himself. That's a lot.
observer

Kingston Springs, TN

#17 Feb 15, 2012
Widow Maker wrote:
Are you blaming Niswonger for what David did???!!!!
justa thought

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Feb 15, 2012
and he left his loved ones here to deal with his loss and all his unfinished business. selfish
reader

Kingston Springs, TN

#19 Feb 15, 2012
What the Heck wrote:
He could have pulled it. But nice guy he is, he didn't.
Why should he????Sorry for family..but wrong is wrong..
Dollar

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2012
C'mon guys. Even if I had a billion big ones and someone owed me $400K, I would file a suit to try to get it, regardless of the situation. The bad guy here was Parker. As for Scott not having it in writing, who knows. If so, not wise, but speaks to the way he does personal business. He obviously trusted Parker if that is in fact the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know anything about Shane Davis that wor... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brandy 26
John Deere 2 hr DODGE RAM 13
wrecks-a-lot (May '16) 2 hr Unknown 10
Deleted when the truth comes out :) 3 hr Eric Trump 30
Best looking girls at NG, from years past. (Jan '11) 3 hr Bryan Cranston 30
Knotheads country cookin (Nov '12) 3 hr Mike and Molly 30
President Trump 01-20-17 4 hr Soetoro 23

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance