Imagine that
Just Me

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 18, 2013
What are the charges now?
Good

Charlotte, NC

#3 Sep 18, 2013
As it should. Domestic violence maybe but they should not have charged him with aggravated. If she really did point a gun at him then they should have charged her with that.
Awesome O

Kingsport, TN

#4 Sep 18, 2013
Misdemeanor instead of aggravated assault
Heeler

Greeneville, TN

#5 Sep 18, 2013
Misdemanor assault, diversion granted, little public service time, I see it coming.
Dude

Glenmont, OH

#7 Sep 18, 2013
Greeneville Mafia wrote:
Same oh, Same oh. And the Greeneville Mafia rules again. From letting pot plane pilots walk free to sheriffs selling beer illegally at night in their underwear, to punching the lights out of your dear beloved wife, it's good to know the Mafia is safe and sound and taking care of each other. Sort of gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling justice is served.
I know both of them and think they're both somewhat at fault. First, David should have known better than to marry her, as displayed by the trial with her former husband, she has issues. Second, they were both up at the early hours of the morning and got into an alcohol fueled spat, not smart. Next, David most likely did discover some inappropriate text messages on her phone and over reacted. When she saw his response, she probably agitated an already hot issue and knew how to push his buttons, which he jumped right into. And not to downplay what happened, I feel she most likely exaggerated the outcome of the night. Bottom line, both have issues. Sad situation, considering children are involved. If David is the best option we have for a rep, we have problems. Hopefully they both learn from this. He needs to control his temper and make better choices in women and she simply needs to grow up and stop being so manipulative and deceptive.

I am a libertarian who hates politicians who will say and do anything to stay in power. I think, unfortunately, that is David. I would also never vote for a liberal, so hope another conservative will surface to challenge him.
British bastard

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Sep 18, 2013
Odood,this chap must have the connections. The Queen would never disregard such tyranny! Off with BOTH their heads!
Susie Q

Greeneville, TN

#9 Sep 18, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I know both of them and think they're both somewhat at fault. First, David should have known better than to marry her, as displayed by the trial with her former husband, she has issues. Second, they were both up at the early hours of the morning and got into an alcohol fueled spat, not smart. Next, David most likely did discover some inappropriate text messages on her phone and over reacted. When she saw his response, she probably agitated an already hot issue and knew how to push his buttons, which he jumped right into. And not to downplay what happened, I feel she most likely exaggerated the outcome of the night. Bottom line, both have issues. Sad situation, considering children are involved. If David is the best option we have for a rep, we have problems. Hopefully they both learn from this. He needs to control his temper and make better choices in women and she simply needs to grow up and stop being so manipulative and deceptive.
I am a libertarian who hates politicians who will say and do anything to stay in power. I think, unfortunately, that is David. I would also never vote for a liberal, so hope another conservative will surface to challenge him.
Well, he did marry her. It is never ok to be physically violent with another person.
irony

Greeneville, TN

#11 Sep 18, 2013
Tusculum church:'don't be deceived you will reap what you sow'....irony?! I think not! perhaps he is deceiving himself in feeling misplaced victory? but do not be deceived.....
stroke out

Greeneville, TN

#12 Sep 18, 2013
Gotta laugh at the Hawk haters. You all may stroke out.
stroke out

Greeneville, TN

#13 Sep 18, 2013
Susie Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he did marry her. It is never ok to be physically violent with another person.
It is also never ok to LIE, DECEIVE, MANIPULATE....
abused

United States

#14 Sep 18, 2013
What's his excuse for beating Julia when they were married?
Jury Says Deadlocked

Bulls Gap, TN

#16 Sep 18, 2013
Jury Says Deadlocked, Judge Sends Them Home For The Night, Deliberations To Resume Thursday Morning
http://internetnewsroom.com/wgrv/
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
by Ron P. Metcalfe
After five hours of deliberations, the jury in David Hawk's trial has been sent home for the night, but before leaving they told the judge they were deadlocked. The foreman of the jury told the judge that he "really don't see us budging not a speck - not one single speck." Judge Paul Summers told the jurors he was going to send them home for the evening to get some rest and bring them back tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM to resume deliberations.

The jury first send word to the judge around 8:00 PM that they were having trouble reaching a verdict. They told the judge they had not reached a verdict. Judge Summers told the jury that sometimes juries feel they are irrevocably deadlocked when they may not be. He asked the jurors to return to deliberations and keep an open mind of others' opinions, but not to abandon their own beliefs.

Around 8:30 PM, the jury sent a question to the judge asking if the reckless endangerment applied to the child or to the woman? During testimony, Crystal Goan had alleged that the assault on her happened at some point when she was holding their eleven-month-old baby. The judge told the jurors that the charge applied only to any incident involving Ms. Goan.

The jury resumed deliberations and just before 9:00 PM they send word to the judge that at least one of the jurors needed to make some arrangements for transportation. Judge Summers called the jury back in and asked them if they were making any progress, and that's when the jury foreman replied that no progress was being made.

Deliberations began at 4:05 p.m. Just after the midday break, the defense rested their case. Judge Paul Summers then dismissed the jury briefly while he ruled on a motion by the defense.

David Hawk's attorneys had asked the judge to reduce the charge from a felony Aggravated Assault to a misdemeanor Simple Assault or Reckless Endangerment. Hawk's attorneys argued that the state had not proved the elements for the felony charge. Judge Summers agreed and reduced the charges that the jury could consider.

Summers ruled that there are four elements of the Aggravated Assault charge that must be met. There must have been substantial risk of death, protracted loss of consciousness, disfiguration, and protracted pain. Judge Summers ruled that the prosecution had not proved those elements and that in some of those elements no testimony or proof had been offered. The result is that instead of a felony charge and the penalties that can go along with that, Hawk now only faces a misdemeanor count.

Attorney General Joe Baugh spent about thirty minutes on his closing argument for the state. Tom Dillard for David Hawk followed with about thirty minutes of closing. An after a ten minute rebuttal by Baugh the judge began his instructions.

Just prior to the start of deliberations the two alternate jurors were excused. It is not known how long the jury will be allowed to deliberate.

Shortly before 6, the jury requested dinner.
odd

Batesburg, SC

#18 Sep 18, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I know both of them and think they're both somewhat at fault. First, David should have known better than to marry her, as displayed by the trial with her former husband, she has issues. Second, they were both up at the early hours of the morning and got into an alcohol fueled spat, not smart. Next, David most likely did discover some inappropriate text messages on her phone and over reacted. When she saw his response, she probably agitated an already hot issue and knew how to push his buttons, which he jumped right into. And not to downplay what happened, I feel she most likely exaggerated the outcome of the night. Bottom line, both have issues. Sad situation, considering children are involved. If David is the best option we have for a rep, we have problems. Hopefully they both learn from this. He needs to control his temper and make better choices in women and she simply needs to grow up and stop being so manipulative and deceptive.

Not many people "know both of them," so I call your bullshit! Nobody deserves to get beat. No child deserves to be locked away for hours without food.
odd

Batesburg, SC

#20 Sep 18, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And she was on her third marriage as well, with the last marriage ending with a court case that highlighted her character. She's a piece of work. As for past relationships, David doesn't have the dark past that she has...!
Oddly enough, you are wrong. Guess again.
nobody knows

Greeneville, TN

#21 Sep 18, 2013
odd wrote:
<quoted text>
Not many people "know both of them," so I call your bullshit! Nobody deserves to get beat. No child deserves to be locked away for hours without food.
So you were there? Strange neither of them said someone else was in the house.
PalmalaHanderson

Greeneville, TN

#22 Sep 18, 2013
What kind of world do we live in? Last time I checked we still live in the south. It's a shame how Americans are being stripped of our rights. A man should be able to smack his bitch wife when she gets out of line. What a joke. I know plenty of bitches who might benefit from a good, hard slap to the face. How else are these women suppose to know there place. Too many sluts now a days are getting up on their high horse thinking they're the Virgin Mary.
nope

Batesburg, SC

#24 Sep 19, 2013
nobody knows wrote:
<quoted text>So you were there? Strange neither of them said someone else was in the house.
He admits to barricading himself in the child's room.
good old buddy

Johnson City, TN

#25 Sep 19, 2013
It was a made up deal in Nashville to get him out of this. Why would thy send a republican judge and prosecutor here if it wasn't Nashville. He should have been charge like everyone else does... Good old buddy buddy system
In the know

Gaffney, SC

#26 Sep 19, 2013
Maybe the case didn't support felony charges. There may not be a conspiracy in this case

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Old money and old ideas in the Greeneville Sun 1 hr ohwell 9
It's Cinco De Mayo! 1 hr ohwell 9
who shouldnt be a dcs worker? 3 hr ookkkk 4
Greene Devils softball 4 hr Jar Head 3
Brandon Lollar K.O.d Saturday 5 hr Meat Loaf 1
Devil got hold on Presbyterians Now 5 hr not evil 45
The Big Dig on East Church(near Towering Oaks) 6 hr Trunketeer 97
White girls black babies 7 hr whothehellcares- 15
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search