Why do a lot of Black people choose ...

Why do a lot of Black people choose to speak like slaves?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Greeneville, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Blacks pressure other blacks to all be the same. Speak ghetto, listen to black music, dress a certain way...etc. If a black person chooses to listen to country music or speak clear English, they are chastised.
There are two things people will always judge you on:
1. How you look
2. How you speak

If you choose to speak "slave"... or "ghetto", you limit your life options.

I know many professional black women who turn on the sing-song-slang as soon as they have a black friend on the phone. "Grl, whachu talkn bout",hang up the phone and be someone else. Black on black pressure. Gotta speak ghetto or my friends will call me "white".

It's been 157 years since slavery reigned over the land and blacks were largely uneducated and had no choice but to "speak stupid". that was a long time ago.

Since: Jul 10

Greeneville, TN

#3 Nov 13, 2011
MikeyD wrote:
You could ask the same question of all the wiggers around here too.
So true... Urban Dictionary definition of Ghetto Speak is: Someone who cannot speak coherently. I have no idea why ANYONE would purposely choose to speak incoherently....
bill bill

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2011
haters... do you know what that means under the ebonic dictionary
Realist

Hendersonville, TN

#6 Nov 14, 2011
I attribute alot of that to low intelligence. If you make a black mad, educated or not, you will get called a mufuka!
A black woman

Brentwood, TN

#7 Nov 15, 2011
I would first like to ask a question. This is Greeneville; how do you know what black people talk like?
You are watching too many movies on tv!
Black on black pressure!!!!lol

We all have a southern dialect.

Do you not speak differently in different settings?

When you are at work in a professional setting, you speak like you have some intelligence about you.

When you are texting, you talk different language.

When you are at a gathering with friends, you talk different.

Why are you so upset that a black person can be diverse?

Are you upset that we can adapt to situations in ways that you cannot?
Not Upset At All

United States

#8 Nov 15, 2011
Why would we as a white race be jealous of anything? We as white people are not looked down upon when we enter a store. The clerk doesn't watch us. We are almost always picked first for an interview over any other color. With names like Laquisha, Lashan, Shanaynay or whatever else your parents decided to just throw out there are given it almost always throws you to the bottom of the pile. Blame your fine heritage & your proud black parents for the downfalls, don't blame us "white" people!!!
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#9 Nov 15, 2011
Not Upset At All wrote:
Why would we as a white race be jealous of anything? We as white people are not looked down upon when we enter a store. The clerk doesn't watch us. We are almost always picked first for an interview over any other color. With names like Laquisha, Lashan, Shanaynay or whatever else your parents decided to just throw out there are given it almost always throws you to the bottom of the pile. Blame your fine heritage & your proud black parents for the downfalls, don't blame us "white" people!!!
Winner of the dumbest comment on Greeneville Topix goes to you! What a small minded piece of shit you are! This isn't 1830, get off the farm for a little while, look around Otis, a lot has changed since you dropped out of grade school!
Lets hear it

Nashville, TN

#10 Nov 15, 2011
AshamedToBeWhite wrote:
<quoted text> Winner of the dumbest comment on Greeneville Topix goes to you! What a small minded piece of shit you are! This isn't 1830, get off the farm for a little while, look around Otis, a lot has changed since you dropped out of grade school!
Call it dumb or whatever, but there is a lot of truth in that post. Argue the facts of what he said. He made 4 or 5 points. Tell us why they are not true one by one.
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#12 Nov 15, 2011
Lets hear it wrote:
<quoted text>Call it dumb or whatever, but there is a lot of truth in that post. Argue the facts of what he said. He made 4 or 5 points. Tell us why they are not true one by one.
Well, for one, clerks don't just watch black people for stealing. Do you read the paper? There is a lot more white ppl being busted for stealing, dealing, taking drugs etc. Employers do not choose white people over blacks either, for one they don't want to be sued for discrimination. So, tell me what facts does he have?
Lets hear it

Smyrna, TN

#13 Nov 15, 2011
AshamedToBeWhite wrote:
<quoted text> Well, for one, clerks don't just watch black people for stealing. Do you read the paper? There is a lot more white ppl being busted for stealing, dealing, taking drugs etc. Employers do not choose white people over blacks either, for one they don't want to be sued for discrimination. So, tell me what facts does he have?
No they don't watch JUST black people, but every single one of the flash mobs that I have seen on tape has been black, so they may garner a little extra attention from clerks. There are more white people arrested because there are more white people, by about 6 to 1. So employers hire blacks only because they don't want to be sued for discrimination? What does that tell you?
well

Antioch, TN

#14 Nov 15, 2011
AshamedToBeWhite wrote:
<quoted text> Well, for one, clerks don't just watch black people for stealing. Do you read the paper? There is a lot more white ppl being busted for stealing, dealing, taking drugs etc. Employers do not choose white people over blacks either, for one they don't want to be sued for discrimination. So, tell me what facts does he have?
what world you living, want to be wigger
Lets hear it

Smyrna, TN

#15 Nov 15, 2011
If we are talking about people arrested around Greeneville, there are about 30 whites for every 1 black. I would think that way more whites get arrested here.
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#17 Nov 15, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text> what world you living, want to be wigger
Yeah good argument...
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#18 Nov 15, 2011
Lets hear it wrote:
If we are talking about people arrested around Greeneville, there are about 30 whites for every 1 black. I would think that way more whites get arrested here.
Good point. But, I'm talking about the south, not just Greeneville.
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#19 Nov 15, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text> what world you living, want to be wigger
Btw, my "wigger ass" graduated from South Greene. I have never dated a black guy, I don't even have many black friends. I don't talk black (I don't talk like an inbred hillbilly either) so, what makes me a wigger? Please explain, I'll be waiting for your brilliant replied! Also, I'm not always ashamed to be white, only when I see racist dumb shit from people like yourself.
AshamedToBeWhite

Columbia, SC

#20 Nov 15, 2011
reply*
AshamedYoureWhit e

Elizabethton, TN

#21 Nov 15, 2011
Most Blacks are worthless.
Ugh

Columbia, SC

#22 Nov 15, 2011
It's funny how all you rednecks can do is throw out stupid insults but can't argue your "case"!
Grand Master Ass

Strawberry Plains, TN

#23 Nov 15, 2011
Yew gonna git phuct up tawken smak whitey. We be da Greeneville CRIPS an Stinky Violet be wonna ar biches. We got yur cuputer adress, we got yo home adress, an we got 40 horny Mexican chicks full uv refied beans an hot cheeli peperz. Wen day phart on yew yo unborn granbabies still gonna pop out in 25 yeers an be bornt wiff 3rd degree burnz. Day vaporize evrione yew love wiff a twich uv day buttt cheeks. Yew say sorri to Stinky violet an my Mexican beeches hav mersy on yo stoopid a$$.
well

Antioch, TN

#24 Nov 15, 2011
Ugh wrote:
It's funny how all you rednecks can do is throw out stupid insults but can't argue your "case"!
For one wigger. I got better things to do then set around waiting for a south greene inbred to reply to something I have posted. The name you used before tells it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S-hole party 19 min Trumpisreallytranny 7
how many have been illegally arrested, searched... 1 hr protester 9009 40
Angela m potter- McIntosh- cunniff (Jul '17) 2 hr Meth man 15
Dan Armstrong. A man - a true man - was murde... 4 hr Jay Walter Jones 25
mike roberts (Aug '10) 4 hr Billy 8
who is over sheriff pat hankins? 5 hr hittheroad 5
two ton tammy kimery (Apr '11) 5 hr Tammy kimery 16
OBama the last relevant President 7 hr dahdonalddumberdirt 76

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web