there is no other God except in heaven
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#82 May 28, 2013
Toad The Wet Sprocket wrote:
commission and commandment are not the same thing.
16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

See, Go ye therefore and teach all nations to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. That is the Great Commission just like you said. So, when read in context of what the commands that were given by Christ were (LOVE OTHERS AS GOD LOVES YOU), then the result is that the Great Commission is to LOVE people, teach them to LOVE people, and they will be disciples of Christ.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#83 May 28, 2013
commission and commandment are not the same thing.
You should really check out Andrew Farley's book Good Without Religion. It is a beautifully written book, and I think it will help with some of the context issues that get thrown around in this area. Another one that I hate is the "All have fallen short of the Glory of God" verse. Try reading the verse directly after that, and it takes a totally different meaning that shows the true depth of the Grace granted to us.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#84 May 28, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
You should really check out Andrew Farley's book Good Without Religion. It is a beautifully written book, and I think it will help with some of the context issues that get thrown around in this area. Another one that I hate is the "All have fallen short of the Glory of God" verse. Try reading the verse directly after that, and it takes a totally different meaning that shows the true depth of the Grace granted to us.
To many books floating around.The Bible is the ultimate authority, The Holy Spirit will lead me not a book from someone's opinion.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#85 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>To many books floating around.The Bible is the ultimate authority, The Holy Spirit will lead me not a book from someone's opinion.
Consider then the possiblity that The Bible might also be a book (contributed to by several authors) that is an opinion!
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#86 May 28, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Consider then the possiblity that The Bible might also be a book (contributed to by several authors) that is an opinion!
Define faith?
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#87 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>To many books floating around.The Bible is the ultimate authority, The Holy Spirit will lead me not a book from someone's opinion.
Please understand that I'm neither attacking you, nor disagreeing with the fact that the Bible is the ultimate authority in regards to explaining God's heart. However, just like anything else, it can be used incorrectly when taken out of context (both historical context and in context of using the scriptures to interpret the meaning of other scriptures). There is no possible way you can disagree with that. Also, any sermons that you have heard preached are also "opinions" formulated by a pastor that you have accepted, regardless of how off center they actually are when taken into proper context.

BUFFALO, NY

#88 May 28, 2013
Trust, confidence, strong belief. Great if one has it.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#89 May 28, 2013
Are you saying that the Holy Spirit can't use other mediums to help enlighten you to His heart? I would venture to guess that it is more than possible, and in fact, at times needed to help enlighten one to the whole truth. I'm in no way trying to push my beliefs on you, I'm just saying that there are plenty of Commentaries that people read to get a better grasp of what is being said in context.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#90 May 28, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the Holy Spirit can't use other mediums to help enlighten you to His heart? I would venture to guess that it is more than possible, and in fact, at times needed to help enlighten one to the whole truth. I'm in no way trying to push my beliefs on you, I'm just saying that there are plenty of Commentaries that people read to get a better grasp of what is being said in context.
Never had a problem with it so far.I'll stick with the Good Book.

BUFFALO, NY

#91 May 28, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
Trust, confidence, strong belief. Great if one has it.
YOU ASKED!!
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#92 May 28, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ASKED!!
Do you pray?
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#93 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>Never had a problem with it so far.I'll stick with the Good Book.
Considering you misinterpreted what the Great Commission was really about, and did so by missing the context , I would have to disagree.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#94 May 28, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you misinterpreted what the Great Commission was really about, and did so by missing the context , I would have to disagree.
No I didn't. Re-read.My walk is not yours.Put on your shoes and I will put on mine.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#95 May 28, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave me your interpretation ,you never proved me wrong scripturally.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#96 May 28, 2013
You gave the Greatest Commandment not The Great Commission.Those are not even in the same chapter.It is you that had better re-think your post.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#97 May 28, 2013
Matthew 22:36-40 The greatest commandment.

BUFFALO, NY

#98 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>Do you pray?
No. I myself consider it a pointless waste of time. I DO respect those who choose to.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#99 May 28, 2013
You gave the Greatest Commandment not The Great Commission.Those are not even in the same chapter.It is you that had better re-think your post.
The Great Commission is that you are to go out and make disciples by following the commands that "I gave you." Right? The ONLY commands that Christ made are to love one another and love God. Then he simplified it to "LOVE others as God loves them." Right there is your scripturally correct interpretation of the Great Commission. I'm sorry, but you are simply wrong in your interpretation of what is being said in those verses. If you think that there is no coorelation between the Great Commission verses and Christ's Commands (of which he only made 2), then you are mistaken.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#100 May 28, 2013
Matthew 22:36-40 The greatest commandment.
Matthew 22:40 "All the Law and the Prophets hand on these two COMMANDMENTS."

2 John 1:6 "And this is love; that we walk in the obedience to his COMMANDS. As you hav heard from the beginning, His COMMAND is that you walk in Love."

Now, there are your scriptures. You're still wrong in your interpretation.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#101 May 28, 2013
John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commands."

John 15:12 "My COMMAND is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do children take after the bad parent????? 12 min Uranium-235 15
Bubba confused 20 min Bubbas Brother Bubba 1
Greenevile High School Setting Bad Precedent 29 min Karl Marx is dead 35
Cohen in trouble now 32 min Donald J Trump 2
Dude goes by Savage 1 hr Savage 23
Hackers 1 hr Donald J Trump 3
Play "end of the word" game (Aug '11) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 91

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages