Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#62 May 24, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Point of information: Did God tell anyone about the fiery hell v. free will directly? Or, consider this, is it a folktale originated and spread by well-meaning humans?
It's a fact

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#63 May 24, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact
Which?
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#64 May 25, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>Point of information: Did God tell anyone about the fiery hell v. free will directly? Or, consider this, is it a folktale originated and spread by well-meaning humans?
Jesus did. He is God .

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#65 May 25, 2013
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did. He is God .
NOT going there. Happy Memorial Day weekend!
MadMonk

Newton, NC

#66 May 25, 2013
Anyone who would use a tragedy such as the storms in Oklahoma as a platform to spew their filth about this being a "wake up call from God" is a true POS. Seems as though we have our own little Westboro mentality creeping up around here. You should be ashamed of using the tragic loss of innocent life to try and convince people to atone for their sins and join your religion. Hilariously enough, people with your mindset are a minority! It just seems like there are more of you because you're all so vocal about the things you dislike and disapprove of politically and socially. God gave man free-will. So how about you use it to learn some manners?
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#67 May 25, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>NOT going there. Happy Memorial Day weekend!
You have a happy one also. I agree their is no use arguing over different beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#68 May 25, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You will eat those words. Believe me.
You were right, I ate them tonight... I sauteed them in a little bit of white wine and soy sauce... delicious.....

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#69 May 25, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>NOT going there. Happy Memorial Day weekend!
I just wanted to let you know that you are my hero...

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#70 May 26, 2013
Why does it matter to someone with a belief, that they must have others believe the same thing? Is it important to validate the belief?
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Sweetwater, TN

#71 May 26, 2013
It is the Great Commission.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Sweetwater, TN

#72 May 26, 2013
kristilou wrote:
Why does it matter to someone with a belief, that they must have others believe the same thing? Is it important to validate the belief?
If what you were believing was a lie would you want to know?Better be glad someone loves your soul enough to tell you the Gospel.

Hawesville, KY

#73 May 26, 2013
Toad The Wet Sprocket wrote:
<quoted text>If what you were believing was a lie would you want to know?Better be glad someone loves your soul enough to tell you the Gospel.
yes, I'm familiar with Matthew 28, i suppose i was asking for any belief ie religion, atheism, politics,ghosts,ufos etc. Just seems when someone has a belief, they spend alot of time convincing people.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Sweetwater, TN

#74 May 26, 2013
Had you rather be Muslim woman?

Hawesville, KY

#75 May 27, 2013
Had you rather be Muslim woman?
no, i probably would have been beheaded. Im not real agreeable. I kinda do my own thing. The food is amazing though....
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#76 May 28, 2013
It is the Great Commission.
Actually the Great Commission is to love others. This gets taken out of context a lot in regards to "going out to make disciples." Jesus said to love one another, and that is how you will make disciples, not by forcing people to believe. Love and Compassion are the ways of Christ, not force-feeding.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Murfreesboro, TN

#77 May 28, 2013
LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Great Commission is to love others. This gets taken out of context a lot in regards to "going out to make disciples." Jesus said to love one another, and that is how you will make disciples, not by forcing people to believe. Love and Compassion are the ways of Christ, not force-feeding.
Have you been force fed?
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Murfreesboro, TN

#78 May 28, 2013
Matthew 28:16-20.You are wrong.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#79 May 28, 2013
Matthew 28:16-20.You are wrong.
The only commandments given by Christ are to love others as God loves us. Vs. 20.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Murfreesboro, TN

#80 May 28, 2013
commission and commandment are not the same thing.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#81 May 28, 2013
<quoted text>Have you been force fed?
Directly, no, but I know a lot of people that do that sort of thing. Westboro are the most vocal, but it can sneak it's way into even the most Gracious believer's heart if it is taught wrong. "Go out and make disciples," ok sure. I can do that more effectively by loving people and being compassionate than I can by beating people over the head with the Word of God. Like the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salad Tossing 4 min Kohlrabi 21
DTR Cheating Spouses 5 min outtabelton 7
What is your favorite poem? 6 min csmaven 83
Hang 7 10 min Kohlrabi 7
What is your favorite sculpture? 12 min csmaven 3
babies found dead 17 min sad 3
Foreign Objects 32 min Kohlrabi 2
13 month old and two month old "unresponsive" a... 36 min English Bob 13
your first love 58 min outtabelton 132
Aggravated Statutory Rape in Greene County 14 hr Ignorance 93