Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

If there actually was a god you wouldn't need faith. There is no need for an all powerful god to hide and then let children die from tornadoes and guns. Why would you want to worship something that hides and is in control of everything and lets terrible things happen?
LOST

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Seriously wrote:
If there actually was a god you wouldn't need faith. There is no need for an all powerful god to hide and then let children die from tornadoes and guns. Why would you want to worship something that hides and is in control of everything and lets terrible things happen?
Why would God require us to live by faith? Because we were given freewill. God saw fit to allow us to make our own decisions, and not force us to believe. Why would anyone want it any other way? I for one don't want to be a robot. As for the guns and terrible things question. Same answer. We, as humans, are given great propensity for good and for evil. Unfortunatly often times we choose evil (even the best of people do bad things from time to time). The tornadoes (along with any number of other natural disasters) are a result of our fall and out tainting of the Earth as a whole when Sin was introduced into the world. Not everything happens for a reason. Once we understand that, we can move on to recognize that the fall of man, and in turn the Earth, was Man's doing, and that is what causes terrible things to happen.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Seriously wrote:
He doesn't hide,You're not looking for him.Seek and you will find.He doesn't make you love him,the choice is yours.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God require us to live by faith? Because we were given freewill. God saw fit to allow us to make our own decisions, and not force us to believe. Why would anyone want it any other way? I for one don't want to be a robot. As for the guns and terrible things question. Same answer. We, as humans, are given great propensity for good and for evil. Unfortunatly often times we choose evil (even the best of people do bad things from time to time). The tornadoes (along with any number of other natural disasters) are a result of our fall and out tainting of the Earth as a whole when Sin was introduced into the world. Not everything happens for a reason. Once we understand that, we can move on to recognize that the fall of man, and in turn the Earth, was Man's doing, and that is what causes terrible things to happen.
Well said.
Seriously

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

A bunch of nonsense. There is no god. There are millions of peices of evidence for evolution however.
The Quoter

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

“I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies.” Thomas Jefferson
The Quoter

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

“Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion – several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat, if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to happiness and heaven.” Mark Twain
The Quoter

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

“If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly the teachings of the New, he would be insane.” Robert Ingersoll

Since: Jan 13

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

mee 423 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say for sure and may be wrong but I think its the English translation of there original names because it was originally written in Aramaic then translated over time in Hebrew and Greek into the KJV we have today
that would make sense where the names came from.
Seriously

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

kristilou wrote:
<quoted text>that would make sense where the names came from.
Names do not change. Did Jesus name change? Nope. And what happened to Mary? The single most important woman in the world right?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Toad The Wet Sprocket wrote:
<quoted text>You can't call someone a prick on another posting and then define what is a real Christian.It's all about Jesus.Being a Christian doesn't mean your perfect.
yeah sometimes I let things be said that shouldn't be I'm not perfect but that's when people are nothing but rude and have nothing better to do than have a smart mouth and make dumb comments.
Froggy The Intern

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Names do not change. Did Jesus name change? Nope. And what happened to Mary? The single most important woman in the world right?
There is no J in the Hebrew alphabet. J is pronounced with a Y. Jesus= Yesuha...Jehovah = Yahweh.
Watch this

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Watch joseph prince on TBN , he explains the Hebree translations well.
Watch this

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Hebrew
Seriously

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Froggy The Intern wrote:
<quoted text>There is no J in the Hebrew alphabet. J is pronounced with a Y. Jesus= Yesuha...Jehovah = Yahweh.
So how did Mathew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul come about?
Seriously

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

LOST wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, why would God make us live by faith? What's the point when he could make us all to worship him anyway and could make all the bad things of the world go away. He gives us "freewill" then tells us he will send us to a firey hell if we don't do what he says. Doesn't sound like freewill to me.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes, why would God make us live by faith? What's the point when he could make us all to worship him anyway and could make all the bad things of the world go away. He gives us "freewill" then tells us he will send us to a firey hell if we don't do what he says. Doesn't sound like freewill to me.
Sounds like you want everything your way.This isn't Burger King.
He let his only son be crucified for your sins. Does that sound fair or is that not enough for you?
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Gatlinburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So how did Mathew, Mark, Luke, John and Paul come about?
That has been stated.Through translation.However most English names have been borrowed from other languages.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

If there was no God then why are so many people out to disprove something that doesn't exist?

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Point of information: Did God tell anyone about the fiery hell v. free will directly? Or, consider this, is it a folktale originated and spread by well-meaning humans?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••