there is no other God except in heaven
Toad The Wet Sproket

United States

#21 May 22, 2013
"But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised." (1 Cor. 2:14)
Toad The Wet Sproket

United States

#22 May 22, 2013
It rains on the just and unjust the same.The difference is,my God walks with me through it.

Since: Jan 13

Utica, KY

#23 May 22, 2013
mee 423 wrote:
<quoted text>yes these so called smart phones and auto correct
i know. Im not much on proof reading myself. I assume its perfect and hit post comment only to find random words that makes no sense. I will however take credit for not using the comma. Its kinda hard to get to.:)

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#24 May 22, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text>i know. Im not much on proof reading myself. I assume its perfect and hit post comment only to find random words that makes no sense. I will however take credit for not using the comma. Its kinda hard to get to.:)
yeah they sometimes put in words that are far from what u type or try to type
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#25 May 22, 2013
mee 423 wrote:
<quoted text>yes I do its sad and heartbreaking but he said in his word that it rains on the just AND the unjust.God is in control of all things
What so many people miss when they talk about "God's taking out his judgement on America," "God's going to do this or that because he is angry," or any other obviously incorrect statement about the character of God it really steams me. Here are two points that need to be focused on when people want to say silly statements like this: 1)God poured out ALL of his anger and judgement on Christ on the cross. ALL of it. God isn't angry at you, America, or anyone else, his Anger was dealt with at the cross. 2)If we look at the character of Christ when he was here on Earth, we don't see someone who was angry with sinners, we saw someone who was compassionate and loving to them, and in that compassion and love they came to understand. Now, if God was this way on Earth in the form of Christ, why would he be any different now? He wouldn't. If we open our eyes and see these truths, we won't sound like the nutjobs at Westboro, we would sound like Paul and the other disciples. Jesus didn't use FEAR and TERROR to help people see the light, he used LOVE and COMPASSION, and so should we.

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#26 May 22, 2013
I seem to have missed a leap of faith from the get-go on this one. One God, OK. Won't get into debating an activist God or not. Just what is considered to be a 'wake up call,' and why would a wake-up call necessarily have to be a warning?
bahahaha

Greeneville, TN

#27 May 22, 2013
Does God say anything in the Bible about Retards......It should be a sin to be so stupid.....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#28 May 22, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>He must be speaking in tounges...
Oh my god, where have u been?

“I'M BACK.......SPORA DICALLY”

Since: Jun 12

BUFFALO, NY

#29 May 22, 2013
bahahaha wrote:
Does God say anything in the Bible about Retards......It should be a sin to be so stupid.....
First, ask yourself if the Bible, written by several authors at different times, is truly the word of GOD. Or is it just a good novel revealing the fantasies of a bunch of dreamers/control freaks? Feel free to call me names or curse me out. It would just reveal the weakness of your beliefs and arguments when challenged.

Location hidden

#30 May 22, 2013
OUTLAW RACER wrote:
<quoted text>First, ask yourself if the Bible, written by several authors at different times, is truly the word of GOD. Or is it just a good novel revealing the fantasies of a bunch of dreamers/control freaks? Feel free to call me names or curse me out. It would just reveal the weakness of your beliefs and arguments when challenged.
the bible was written by several people but one author. God used several people to deliver his teachings and writing such as apostles and disciples and anyone claiming to be a christian who would curse or call u names is not a real christian. We all have different beliefs and even tho others say there is no God or worship idols like bhudda well I can't judge them or anyone else and believing and opinions is ur choice. I my self believe there is a God and every word written in the bible is true I believe there is a heaven and hell but that's my choice and I would never push my beliefs and religion on anyone else.

“Many have died”

Since: Dec 12

On the road to peace

#31 May 22, 2013
Se7en187 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my god, where have u been?
I've been busy... this time of year I don't have a lot of free time...
Just me

Greeneville, TN

#32 May 22, 2013
Why did God have people to write the bible? I mean he could just snap his fingers and there's a bible.

Why did he have Jesus die on the cross? Why not just come to earth and point at somebody and they're dead, then bring them back to life?

I'm sure if somebody just started pointing at people and they fell over dead, well the churches would be filled with people on their knees praying.
Just me

Greeneville, TN

#33 May 22, 2013
Here's my take on religion.

I do think there is a creator.
I'm pretty sure we didn't just appear in a mud puddle and came to life.
I don't think we were once monkeys.
I think the bible was written to teach us and control us.
I don't think we are from Earth, we were brought here.
God may be a super smart scientist just creating new stuff.
There's more out there.
I'm afraid when we're dead we are dead, nothing but worm food.
I don't think God is just sitting up there creating storms to kill us.
So much more, but that's enough for now.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Franklin, NC

#34 May 23, 2013
mee 423 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible was written by several people but one author. God used several people to deliver his teachings and writing such as apostles and disciples and anyone claiming to be a christian who would curse or call u names is not a real christian. We all have different beliefs and even tho others say there is no God or worship idols like bhudda well I can't judge them or anyone else and believing and opinions is ur choice. I my self believe there is a God and every word written in the bible is true I believe there is a heaven and hell but that's my choice and I would never push my beliefs and religion on anyone else.
You can't call someone a prick on another posting and then define what is a real Christian.It's all about Jesus.Being a Christian doesn't mean your perfect.

Location hidden

#36 May 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you would study his word he would reveal these answers to you. If the cover of hell were open for just 10 seconds for people to see. This would be a wonderful world to live in.
yes it would I totally agree but he want because then we wouldn't live by believing and faith. We walk by faith not by sight.

Since: Jan 13

Utica, KY

#37 May 23, 2013
Just me wrote:
Here's my take on religion.
I do think there is a creator.
I'm pretty sure we didn't just appear in a mud puddle and came to life.
I don't think we were once monkeys.
I think the bible was written to teach us and control us.
I don't think we are from Earth, we were brought here.
God may be a super smart scientist just creating new stuff.
There's more out there.
I'm afraid when we're dead we are dead, nothing but worm food.
I don't think God is just sitting up there creating storms to kill us.
So much more, but that's enough for now.
my son commented last night how did jesus find all these disciples with american names when they were in the middle east? Good question, anyone have an answer?i didnt.

Location hidden

#38 May 23, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text>my son commented last night how did jesus find all these disciples with american names when they were in the middle east? Good question, anyone have an answer?i didnt.
I can't say for sure and may be wrong but I think its the English translation of there original names because it was originally written in Aramaic then translated over time in Hebrew and Greek into the KJV we have today
Lmao

Greeneville, TN

#39 May 23, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text>my son commented last night how did jesus find all these disciples with american names when they were in the middle east? Good question, anyone have an answer?i didnt.
Was Billy Ray and Jim Bob talked about in the bible? They live up there on Greene Mountain Rd.

“is your friend ”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#40 May 23, 2013
What I find amazing here is that we have several people on this forum who think they know more than God.
Toad The Wet Sprocket

Murfreesboro, TN

#41 May 23, 2013
Mrs Roberson wrote:
What I find amazing here is that we have several people on this forum who think they know more than God.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot Firefighters 4 min Sherry 21
Does anyone remember Bottoms UP (Sep '10) 1 hr Papichulo 218
Wreck in front of big lots 2 hr Standbyers 5
Mobile home burnt Preacher Laws Rd. 3 hr Greeneville 26
Logan Anderson 3 hr Tell it true 4
R.I.P. Angie Jones 4 hr Shela 7
Vols are back (Feb '15) 4 hr Florida Georgia l... 63
Why won't Angie Jones family help with her fune... 11 hr Discussed With You 17

Greeneville Jobs

More from around the web