Worst probation officer in Greene County?

Posted in the Greeneville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ShamWow

Fort Campbell, TN

#1 May 29, 2010
Who is it?
No Dems for me

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 May 29, 2010
Why in the world would you start a thread such as this? People on probation are the criminals, and probation officers do their jobs, which makes criminals angry,and they in turn try to agitate by starting stupid posts such as this. If you don't like your probation officer, then go back to jail and serve your time. Sham...wow! What an idiot.

Since: Jul 10

Greeneville, Tennessee

#3 Jul 7, 2010
No Dems for me wrote:
Why in the world would you start a thread such as this? People on probation are the criminals, and probation officers do their jobs, which makes criminals angry,and they in turn try to agitate by starting stupid posts such as this. If you don't like your probation officer, then go back to jail and serve your time. Sham...wow! What an idiot.
Came across this thread and couldn't resist a reply. Just wanted to share my experience with the justice system as an upstanding, law abiding citizen of Greeneville.

No Dems....not all people who end up on probation are 'criminals' and my definition of a criminal is someone who willingly and knowingly breaks the law. And yes, there is a bad probation officer in this town, she was my probation officer and she does not need to be doing that kind of work. Here's a little background on my experience:

In 2005 my boyfriend & future husband died suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was a truck driver & was in another state when he died. At the time, his job was our only source of income in our household. When he passed, I suddenly had only my limited college financial aid money to live off of and I was nearing completion of my bachelor's degree at ETSU. Right before he died, I had unintentionally overdrawn my checking account. Three checks bounced, all were amounts under $20. I thought I had paid all 3 of them & the fees off, but somehow one of them got overlooked. Fast forward to 2 months after my boyfriend died, the Sheriff's Dept. served papers on me. I was convinced it was some kind of mistake until I reviewed the papers....I realized I had overlooked the one check. I had 30 days to pay all the associated fines and fees or go to court. I couldn't pay any of it.....I tried borrowing the money from family members/friends, all my valuable stuff was in pawn shops, couldn't take out any type of small loan. Went on to court hoping the judge would grant an extension to pay my fines, but nope, he wouldn't do it. So, I HAD to plead guilty to the charge of 1 count back check. Met my probation officer while in the courtroom, who laughed hysterically when she looked & saw I was an unemployed college student. She said...'ha ha look what you did & now you are here'. She tried to treat me like many of the worthless criminals that came into her office daily, but we butted heads b/c I refused to let her talk down to me like she did her other clients. Finished my community service in a week. Went to every single weekly appointment with her. She was aware of my finances as a full time college student, and she was aware that I was soon due another financial aid check. One week I didn't have money for my weekly fee amount, she went ballistic, told me I needed to lie on a job application about my schooling in order to land a job....problem was, nobody wanted to hire me since I was about to graduate and could not work long term. Long story short, she tried to threaten me for not paying my weekly money fee, threatened to put me in jail....that was the wrong thing to do. I flew off the mouth at her, right to her face in her office, told her I would be in her office the following week on a specific day to pay off my fines with my school money & thats exactly what I did. She tried to say that the only reason I paid up was because she yelled and threatened me, thats when I broke it down on her & she got told to her face exactly what I thought about her and that she was NOT gonna take credit for my diligence & portray me as a lowlife liar. I think she was intimidated because I had a four year college degree, no criminal history and I was honest and upfront in dealing with her. She just didn't know how to handle my honesty and diligence. She clearly hated her job & shouldn't be doing probation work, she's a horrible probation officer with a horrible attitude. Not gonna mention any names.......
Freeman

Nolensville, TN

#4 Jul 7, 2010
truffleluvr38 wrote:
<quoted text>
Came across this thread and couldn't resist a reply. Just wanted to share my experience with the justice system as an upstanding, law abiding citizen of Greeneville.
No Dems....not all people who end up on probation are 'criminals' and my definition of a criminal is someone who willingly and knowingly breaks the law. And yes, there is a bad probation officer in this town, she was my probation officer and she does not need to be doing that kind of work. Here's a little background on my experience:
In 2005 my boyfriend & future husband died suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was a truck driver & was in another state when he died. At the time, his job was our only source of income in our household. When he passed, I suddenly had only my limited college financial aid money to live off of and I was nearing completion of my bachelor's degree at ETSU. Right before he died, I had unintentionally overdrawn my checking account. Three checks bounced, all were amounts under $20. I thought I had paid all 3 of them & the fees off, but somehow one of them got overlooked. Fast forward to 2 months after my boyfriend died, the Sheriff's Dept. served papers on me. I was convinced it was some kind of mistake until I reviewed the papers....I realized I had overlooked the one check. I had 30 days to pay all the associated fines and fees or go to court. I couldn't pay any of it.....I tried borrowing the money from family members/friends, all my valuable stuff was in pawn shops, couldn't take out any type of small loan. Went on to court hoping the judge would grant an extension to pay my fines, but nope, he wouldn't do it. So, I HAD to plead guilty to the charge of 1 count back check. Met my probation officer while in the courtroom, who laughed hysterically when she looked & saw I was an unemployed college student. She said...'ha ha look what you did & now you are here'. She tried to treat me like many of the worthless criminals that came into her office daily, but we butted heads b/c I refused to let her talk down to me like she did her other clients. Finished my community service in a week. Went to every single weekly appointment with her. She was aware of my finances as a full time college student, and she was aware that I was soon due another financial aid check. One week I didn't have money for my weekly fee amount, she went ballistic, told me I needed to lie on a job application about my schooling in order to land a job....problem was, nobody wanted to hire me since I was about to graduate and could not work long term. Long story short, she tried to threaten me for not paying my weekly money fee, threatened to put me in jail....that was the wrong thing to do. I flew off the mouth at her, right to her face in her office, told her I would be in her office the following week on a specific day to pay off my fines with my school money & thats exactly what I did. She tried to say that the only reason I paid up was because she yelled and threatened me, thats when I broke it down on her & she got told to her face exactly what I thought about her and that she was NOT gonna take credit for my diligence & portray me as a lowlife liar. I think she was intimidated because I had a four year college degree, no criminal history and I was honest and upfront in dealing with her. She just didn't know how to handle my honesty and diligence. She clearly hated her job & shouldn't be doing probation work, she's a horrible probation officer with a horrible attitude. Not gonna mention any names.......
Please tell us who she is. I would guess her initials are BB. Am I right?
Think So

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jul 7, 2010
Dont get your ass busted and you wont have to worry about the worst PO in the county
Been there

Nolensville, TN

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Debbie knight is one that should not be allowed to deal with minors.
1. she tries to add more on then the judge ordered.
2.she talks about people she doesn't know takes the word of others.
3.she is very unprofessional,rude,no wonder you have to be buzzed into her office(wonder how many times she has been threatened her)
4.heaven forbid any of you people have a minor that gets in trouble with the law.(I feel for you)
cause if you were a better parent then your child wouldn't have gotten in trouble.(I know been there done that)
5.she tries to keep your child in the system no wonder we have such a high probation rate around here it is all about the money.

just for thoughts i wonder how hard it would be to sue her for Defamation of character,mental anguish, and the rest of the stuff that goes with dealing with her bull...
njia

Nashville, TN

#7 Jul 7, 2010
dafsdg
sick-n-tired

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jul 8, 2010
truffleluvr38 wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be talking bout K.B.....she a real B.......
ballin

Smyrna, TN

#9 Jul 10, 2010
debbie cox
tim

Athens, TX

#10 Jul 10, 2010
kb is a very good looking lady
ibet

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jul 10, 2010
truffleluvr38 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet my right arm that it was that fat Brittney woman. I heard that she no longer is a PO because she is so stupid and rude and probably she quit because she knew that she was really close to getting her big fat a-- beat!
ibet

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jul 10, 2010
I know from people that had her... Brittany as their PO, good honest people like you truffle... that just ran across some bad luck, and hard times... and paid the price for things that weren't at all criminal... that has had to deal with her! There have been times I just wanted to smack her!!

Since: Jul 10

Greeneville, Tennessee

#13 Jul 14, 2010
ballin.....you are correct......
no one really

Nashville, TN

#14 Aug 21, 2010
ballin, you damn right she is a b.
tn gal

Johnson City, TN

#15 Aug 21, 2010
Been there wrote:
Debbie knight is one that should not be allowed to deal with minors.
1. she tries to add more on then the judge ordered.
2.she talks about people she doesn't know takes the word of others.
3.she is very unprofessional,rude,no wonder you have to be buzzed into her office(wonder how many times she has been threatened her)
4.heaven forbid any of you people have a minor that gets in trouble with the law.(I feel for you)
cause if you were a better parent then your child wouldn't have gotten in trouble.(I know been there done that)
5.she tries to keep your child in the system no wonder we have such a high probation rate around here it is all about the money.
just for thoughts i wonder how hard it would be to sue her for Defamation of character,mental anguish, and the rest of the stuff that goes with dealing with her bull...
I agree with you totally.. That is exactly what she does.. I know from first hand experience. She didn't want me coming to her office with my child because I have a 4 year degree and she couldn't make me look stupid. I knew she would cause trouble for the school board. Who would vote for her anyway?? I voted just so I could vote against her. Nevertheless, she didn't last long. I think the first meeting she got into an argument with the lady over the school board.
Former Client

Murfreesboro, TN

#16 Aug 21, 2010
What ever happened to Brittany Booker? I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with her.
Get over it

United States

#17 Aug 24, 2010
Uh TRUST me on this...They don't want you law breakers as a client, but it is forced upon them. However, there is a simple remedy to this....Obey the Law. Gees!

And they have heard it all before..I can't pay my fine cause my baby needs milk and bread. Oh, btw I got a pack of smokes in my pocket..Durf! Get your priorities straight people and quit knockn' these probation officers that are doing their jobs.
BooHoo

United States

#18 Aug 24, 2010
truffleluvr38 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dems....not all people who end up on probation are 'criminals' and my definition of a criminal is someone who willingly and knowingly breaks the law. And yes, there is a bad probation officer in this town, she was my probation officer and she does not need to be doing that kind of work.
In 2005 my boyfriend & future husband died suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack. He was a truck driver & was in another state when he died. At the time, his job was our only source of income in our household. When he passed, I suddenly had only my limited college financial aid money to live off of and I was nearing completion of my bachelor's degree at ETSU. Right before he died, I had unintentionally overdrawn my checking account. Three checks bounced, all were amounts under $20. I thought I had paid all 3 of them & the fees off, but somehow one of them got overlooked. Fast forward to 2 months after my boyfriend died, the Sheriff's Dept. served papers on me. I was convinced it was some kind of mistake until I reviewed the paper I realized I had overlooked the one check. I had 30 days to pay all the associated fines and fees or go to court. I couldn't pay any of it.....I tried borrowing the money from family members/friends, all my valuable stuff was in pawn shops, couldn't take out any type of small loan. Went on to court hoping the judge would grant an extension to pay my fines, but nope, he wouldn't do it. So, I HAD to plead guilty to the charge of 1 count back check. Met my probation officer while in the courtroom, who laughed hysterically when she looked & saw I was an unemployed college student. She said...'ha ha look what you did & now you are here'. She tried to treat me like many of the worthless criminals that came into her office daily, but we butted heads b/c I refused to let her talk down to me like she did her other clients. Finished my community service in a week. Went to every single weekly appointment with her. She was aware of my finances as a full time college student, and she was aware that I was soon due another financial aid check. One week I didn't have money for my weekly fee amount, she went ballistic, told me I needed to lie on a job application about my schooling in order to land a job....problem was, nobody wanted to hire me since I was about to graduate and could not work long term. Long story short, she tried to threaten me for not paying my weekly money fee, threatened to put me in jail....that was the wrong thing to do. I flew off the mouth at her, right to her face in her office, told her I would be in her office the following week on a specific day to pay off my fines with my school money & thats exactly what I did. She tried to say that the only reason I paid up was because she yelled and threatened me, thats when I broke it down on her & she got told to her face exactly what I thought about her and that she was NOT gonna take credit for my diligence & portray me as a lowlife liar. I think she was intimidated because I had a four year college degree, no criminal history and I was honest and upfront in dealing with her. She just didn't know how to handle my honesty and diligence. She clearly hated her job & shouldn't be doing probation work, she's a horrible probation officer with a horrible attitude. Not gonna mention any names
Your check consists of all your contact info. I am sure your bank mailed you an over draft notice. The business where you wrote the check also tried to contact you and collect the money, as any reputable business would. Believe me they would much rather collect from you than have to go to the trouble of taking you to court over a check that was written for less than $20. So who's at fault..Let me answer this YOU! Everyone has a BOOHOO story this is yours.
Tis True

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Aug 24, 2010
BooHoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your check consists of all your contact info. I am sure your bank mailed you an over draft notice. The business where you wrote the check also tried to contact you and collect the money, as any reputable business would. Believe me they would much rather collect from you than have to go to the trouble of taking you to court over a check that was written for less than $20. So who's at fault..Let me answer this YOU! Everyone has a BOOHOO story this is yours.
You are exactly right! It's past time people stop blaming everyone else for their own choices. We live in MAMBY PAMBY LAND! I am surprised this person didn't blame George Bush. Obama has taught the country that George is to blame for everything else, why not a banking error? Accept your consequences for choosing to step outside the boundary. Your probabtion officer is the only thing between you and the hoosegow! Appreciate the chance you get to keep your "freedom".
Hell Yea

Gallatin, TN

#20 Aug 24, 2010
And the last 3 replys were from some angles from town.LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 min BeastOfBurden 3,941
HAWK n SPORTS wife beater laws on teh books 12 min HolyChaos76 2
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 32 min miss tuffet 148,699
How fast can you guess these words? 51 min BeastOfBurden 1
I enjoy paying the rich peoples taxes 1 hr Kohlrabi 16
Obama care to reduce jail cost 1 hr Kohlrabi 6
Ferguson MO eye witness has video of hands up p... 1 hr Kohlrabi 10
Fog lights and queers 2 hr BeastOfBurden 15
new sheriff in town made his 1st big change. 3 hr Pardon Burns 29
CD girls team and coach touching in the past 5 hr Fresh MuffLER 12
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••