Prediction-Martial Law & Nationalizat...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom

Caroleen, NC

#21 May 23, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>People love Social Security and Medicare because they think they are getting something for free. It is their money anyway, and they are both going broke, at least partly due to the programs' administrative costs. What's not to like?
Benny! Is it really you? Please don't be a stranger.
Ler

Johnson City, TN

#22 May 23, 2013
Paranoid freaks, the lot of you.
Noone

Greeneville, TN

#23 May 23, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>People love Social Security and Medicare because they think they are getting something for free. It is their money anyway, and they are both going broke, at least partly due to the programs' administrative costs. What's not to like?
It's not the beneficiaries' fault that these programs are in trouble.
Benny Hill

Greeneville, TN

#24 May 23, 2013
Noone wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the beneficiaries' fault that these programs are in trouble.
Unfortunately it is. Who elects these idiots?
Noone

Greeneville, TN

#25 May 23, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately it is. Who elects these idiots?
And, with any representative that is elected, we should know beforehand the outcome of their actions while in office?

I've no idea if you, yourself, have contributed to either Social Security or Medicare, But, I will bet that you will expect a return on whatever your retirement investments are. Why is it wrong to expect that, that we have paid for?
burrito sandwich

Elizabethton, TN

#26 May 23, 2013
Teqiero taco bell! Ariba ariba andelay andelay
Benny Hill

Greeneville, TN

#27 May 23, 2013
Noone wrote:
<quoted text>
And, with any representative that is elected, we should know beforehand the outcome of their actions while in office?
I've no idea if you, yourself, have contributed to either Social Security or Medicare, But, I will bet that you will expect a return on whatever your retirement investments are. Why is it wrong to expect that, that we have paid for?
I have contributed to both, since I have worked daily for over 40 years. I think that you misunderstood my post about SS and Med. My point was about re-electing people who have dipped into our SS funds to spend on other projects, and created a bloated bureaucracy to manage the programs.
Noone

Greeneville, TN

#28 May 23, 2013
I understand now and agree wholeheartedly with you. I didn't connect your reference to "People" as "People" being politicians.
greene guy

Lyman, SC

#29 Oct 23, 2013
just checking on my prediction from March. So far, the constitution is being ripped apart .... Kerry just signed a preliminary arms agreement with the UN that if finally passed, will bypass our constitution and UN will have sayso over our gun rights.
Anonymous

Greeneville, TN

#31 Oct 27, 2013
Benny Hill wrote:
While administrative cost are to be considered the problem with Social Security is that it was sold as a personal account that you pay into and withdraw from your “lock box” at retirement: the world’s greatest ponzi scheme.

The truth is all the dollars you pay in are dumped into the General Fund and are withdrawn by the government and replaced by IOU’s. The second part of the problem going forward is that at the time it was initiated it was assumed that the population would continue to grow so there would always be a new round of workers paying into the system. It did not foresee the “baby boom “ of the 1950’s nor the economic catastrophe causing job loss coinciding at the present time. So we have more people receiving their Social Security than people paying into it.

Since: Dec 12

Cherryville, NC

#32 Oct 27, 2013
Tac6 wrote:
<quoted text>
While administrative cost are to be considered the problem with Social Security is that it was sold as a personal account that you pay into and withdraw from your “lock box” at retirement: the world’s greatest ponzi scheme.
The truth is all the dollars you pay in are dumped into the General Fund and are withdrawn by the government and replaced by IOU’s. The second part of the problem going forward is that at the time it was initiated it was assumed that the population would continue to grow so there would always be a new round of workers paying into the system. It did not foresee the “baby boom “ of the 1950’s nor the economic catastrophe causing job loss coinciding at the present time. So we have more people receiving their Social Security than people paying into it.
Not to mention all of those who are "on the draw" & continue to take take take!
greene guy

Chesnee, SC

#33 Dec 22, 2013
I still stand by this prediction. 75% of coal fired power plants have or are in the process of shutting down. Obama is collapsing the coal. industry.
greene guy

Chesnee, SC

#34 Dec 22, 2013
john kerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the red Kool-Aid, it's obviously going to your head!
the last lead smelting plant in the US is closing next week. No more lead for bullets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dennis Shipley 8 min lol 38
name the person that you wanr to have sex with (Feb '11) 11 min clap cooched christi 20
Brian uhls 37, any info? 19 min Lawrdplz6860 32
Skateboard Park & the rules 44 min joe 14
Poll Is Bobby Laws a snitch for the law? 1 hr fam 5
Tobey H. please read 1 hr Just sayin 10
Elizabeth whitson 1 hr Curious 4
The Pot Plane (Apr '10) 17 hr Melissa1333 371
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages