First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

#24 Feb 3, 2013
Nita Mann wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize if I missed the answer to my question above but did not see it so I will ask. Are people driving into your yard because the road is too narrow and they are getting out of the way of oncoming traffic or are they blatantly coming on your property doing doughnuts, spinning & general demolishing? I'm asking because if the road isn't wide enough and they are using your property as a "right of way"/easement then the road department might be able to pave and widen so they don't wrongfully drive on your property. If the property is very close to the road then it might not be your property to begin with, it could be the county's.(Unless you KNOW where your boundaries are according to the property survey, of course.)
I'm sure it's aggravating beyond belief. Just don't do anything too extreme to get yourself in trouble cause it "aint worth it". Good luck!:)
I don't think no one actually owns the front of their property on a main road. I think the county owns 15 foot from the center of road over. Not sure if that's the correct number or not. That being said, my mailbox is on the counties property. It has been knocked down twice lately. Unfortunately, I'm still responsible for replacing it every time it gets damaged by these thugs. I totally understand how this person feels. I wonder if this person lives on the same road I do. I noticed the front of a yard messed up from someone driving through it just before my house yesterday. I'm installing cameras to catch my thug. They have also been throwing their fast food trash in my yard. I can take care of them without any law becoming involved. Good luck with your situation. I certainly understand how you feel.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#25 Feb 3, 2013
Wildthing wrote:
I am so tired of people who do damage to my property and just keep going! I will be figuring out way to make sure next one does not drive off but needs tow truck to leave! Any ideas??? I don't want to break law just stop stupid people!
Drive some metal stakes in your yard and sharpen the tops of them. Do it!
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmm

Greeneville, TN

#26 Feb 3, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think no one actually owns the front of their property on a main road. I think the county owns 15 foot from the center of road over. Not sure if that's the correct number or not. That being said, my mailbox is on the counties property. It has been knocked down twice lately. Unfortunately, I'm still responsible for replacing it every time it gets damaged by these thugs. I totally understand how this person feels. I wonder if this person lives on the same road I do. I noticed the front of a yard messed up from someone driving through it just before my house yesterday. I'm installing cameras to catch my thug. They have also been throwing their fast food trash in my yard. I can take care of them without any law becoming involved. Good luck with your situation. I certainly understand how you feel.
county doesnt own nothing, its called a right of way, its for public utillities to run power and phone lines
Wildthing

Knoxville, TN

#27 Feb 3, 2013
The road is narrow but has 2 full lanes w/ double yellow line in middle~ people r so disresptable they do damage because they r driving way to fast & wreckless~ I will b checking w/ county to see if we can get posted speed limit & NO semi trucks! The damage to my yard over the years is totally disrespect of people but the bigger issue I see is neighbor's toddler & other young under 12 yrs children are @ risk of being killed!!! Really people must u drive so irresponisibly??? Will it take death of small child b4 county will do something??? I hope NOT! I care about my neighbors and I will b getting them to join me in my fight against irresponsible wreckless drivers!!! I have had enough!
Whatever

Johnson City, TN

#28 Feb 3, 2013
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>county doesnt own nothing, its called a right of way, its for public utillities to run power and phone lines
If they want to widen the road you'll get to see who owns it. Then their right of away just moves farther on into you owned property.
ahhhh

United States

#29 Apr 26, 2014
Well pls update ...hopefully all is well
marthe stewart

Kingsport, TN

#30 Apr 26, 2014
If someone trespasses on your property, shoot them. Just look at Cliven Bundy, rancher in Texas. The Federal Government agents where trespassing on his property and he got some armed militiamen to run them off his land.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#31 Apr 26, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe my deeds say the county has right of way 25 feet from the center. I still "mine" my driveways. As long as you're not using lethal force, you're ok.
oneeyedwillie

Abingdon, VA

#32 Apr 26, 2014
My bad. I'm sorry about the ruts in your yard and the mailboxes. I haven't quite got the hang of this texting and driving thing yet, but don't worry. I'll keep trying until I get it - I'm no quitter!
dry riverbed

Elizabethton, TN

#33 Apr 27, 2014
Alyagotado wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe my deeds say the county has right of way 25 feet from the center. I still "mine" my driveways. As long as you're not using lethal force, you're ok.
25 ft from center is correct,and they do own it. Put up a fence and if they tear it down to work on a waterline see if you get paid for it.

If your deed still goes to the center and you have a lot of road frontage you are paying taxes on a strip you dont really own.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min WTSenior 149,026
Linda Kirk + furniture... 18 min Downtower 1
Were u get your wifes wedding ring? 34 min native 2
blonde girl at Dairy Queen in mosheim 36 min been there done that 47
Where is the punk rock around this place? 41 min DC shoes 7
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 58 min steve 4,006
Greeneville people rude as hell 1 hr Steve 64
Greene County Commissioners Are So Embarrassing 3 hr For Profit personal 10
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000