First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Religion is like a pair of shoes, pick out what size and style fits u best, but dont make me wear ur shoes. Think about that little guy.

Judged:

12

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dugna Nex

Faith, NC

#2 Mar 30, 2013
No use in quoting someone like carlin here... Most probably see him as a devil instead of a visionary.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#3 Mar 31, 2013
He was hilarious! What was so amusing was it it was oh, so true.
Dugna Nex

United States

#4 Apr 1, 2013
A legendary visionary. Sad he is no longer around. RIP

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 1, 2013
kristilou wrote:
Religion is like a pair of shoes, pick out what size and style fits u best, but dont make me wear ur shoes. Think about that little guy.
I love his sh*t!

Since: Jan 13

Duluth, GA

#6 Apr 1, 2013
Wonder why smaller towns dont have a sense of humor? Everything is taken so literally and serious.
Save the F Bomb

United States

#7 Apr 1, 2013
Youtube George Carlin and change your perspective.
Not to mention, entertain yourself for hours.

Carlin is god, if there ever was/is one.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#8 Apr 1, 2013
Save the F Bomb wrote:
Youtube George Carlin and change your perspective.
Not to mention, entertain yourself for hours.
Carlin is god, if there ever was/is one.
Carlin is pretty good, but Bill Hicks and Doug Stanhope are better in my opinion...

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#9 Apr 1, 2013
Doug Stanhope isn't for everyone, but if you have a dark sense of humor you'll love him... he does a lot of abortion jokes, makes fun of all religions, and has a hilarious bit on pedophilia...
Save the Foink Bomb

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2013
That's a tall statement. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#11 Apr 1, 2013
Save the Foink Bomb wrote:
That's a tall statement. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Many people will disagree, but I love hicks and stanhope (dennis leary got most of his act from hicks) I've always really liked Carlin, but there is just something about him that I don't like at the same time...
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#12 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people will disagree, but I love hicks and stanhope (dennis leary got most of his act from hicks) I've always really liked Carlin, but there is just something about him that I don't like at the same time...
I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#13 Apr 1, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin is pretty good, but Bill Hicks and Doug Stanhope are better in my opinion...
I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#14 Apr 1, 2013
Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.
I guess that's kinda it... I found him funny, he's just a little too bitter (and I'm better and smarter than you) and that shows in his comedy... his material is good, his delivery just kinda turns me off...
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

#15 Apr 1, 2013
Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.
You really are old. You're not alone. I'm probably not too far behind.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

#16 Apr 1, 2013
kristilou wrote:
<quoted text> I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.
If you find most of my post humorous you will like them...

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#17 Apr 2, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you find most of my post humorous you will like them...
yea, i think u are hillarious, i know you are very very young but did u ever watch sam kinnison? I thought he was funny, however the guilt of going to hell if u laughed too hard was overwhelming.
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

#18 Apr 2, 2013
whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's kinda it... I found him funny, he's just a little too bitter (and I'm better and smarter than you) and that shows in his comedy... his material is good, his delivery just kinda turns me off...
Carlin got fired in Vegas for degrading the audience, and the people he worked for, during his act. He bit the hand that fed him. He basically went into a tirade saying that he was too good to play there for those people. He went away for alcoholism and prescription drug abuse shortly after.

As far as Sam Kinison goes, he was funny in small doses. His act would get old quick to me. I like comedians like Chris Farley, John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, and Richard Pryor. There was a lot of physical comedy in the routines.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

#19 Apr 2, 2013
Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>Carlin got fired in Vegas for degrading the audience, and the people he worked for, during his act. He bit the hand that fed him. He basically went into a tirade saying that he was too good to play there for those people. He went away for alcoholism and prescription drug abuse shortly after.
As far as Sam Kinison goes, he was funny in small doses. His act would get old quick to me. I like comedians like Chris Farley, John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, and Richard Pryor. There was a lot of physical comedy in the routines.
awww those are good too.
David

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Apr 2, 2013
I like Carlin in the late 60's with his WINO gig but he ended up a filth mouth like most all of he other comdians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What I learned about relationshps 41 min csmaven 48
***** last post wins ***** 54 min Kohlrabi 601
what to do. where to go for NYE for 40+ singles? 4 hr Veronica 8
info about eric jones 6 hr Reclaim rights 16
robert blanchard (Apr '14) 6 hr Dutch 22
Just announced! 500th post wins trip to Hawaii. 6 hr Independent1 55
say it ain't so 7 hr owes me money 1
"Greeneville police: 2 infants found dead in ho... 11 hr Worried Mom 167
fun thing to do ***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Sep '10) 12 hr Jennifer Renee 5,665
Feeling lonely for the holidays 16 hr Veronica 155
Principal at Mosheim Fri um... 80
Greeneville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greeneville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greeneville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:53 am PST

NFL 5:53AM
Steven Jackson reportedly likely out for Falcons
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
ESPN 6:10 AM
Panthers assistant saves family's Christmas
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers