Hawesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Religion is like a pair of shoes, pick out what size and style fits u best, but dont make me wear ur shoes. Think about that little guy.
Dugna Nex

Faith, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

No use in quoting someone like carlin here... Most probably see him as a devil instead of a visionary.

Since: Jan 13

Hawesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

He was hilarious! What was so amusing was it it was oh, so true.
Dugna Nex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

A legendary visionary. Sad he is no longer around. RIP

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

kristilou wrote:
Religion is like a pair of shoes, pick out what size and style fits u best, but dont make me wear ur shoes. Think about that little guy.
I love his sh*t!

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Wonder why smaller towns dont have a sense of humor? Everything is taken so literally and serious.
Save the F Bomb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Youtube George Carlin and change your perspective.
Not to mention, entertain yourself for hours.

Carlin is god, if there ever was/is one.

“Why So Serious...”

Since: Dec 12

Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Save the F Bomb wrote:
Youtube George Carlin and change your perspective.
Not to mention, entertain yourself for hours.
Carlin is god, if there ever was/is one.
Carlin is pretty good, but Bill Hicks and Doug Stanhope are better in my opinion...

“Why So Serious...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Doug Stanhope isn't for everyone, but if you have a dark sense of humor you'll love him... he does a lot of abortion jokes, makes fun of all religions, and has a hilarious bit on pedophilia...
Save the Foink Bomb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

That's a tall statement. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

“Why So Serious...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Save the Foink Bomb wrote:
That's a tall statement. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
Many people will disagree, but I love hicks and stanhope (dennis leary got most of his act from hicks) I've always really liked Carlin, but there is just something about him that I don't like at the same time...
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people will disagree, but I love hicks and stanhope (dennis leary got most of his act from hicks) I've always really liked Carlin, but there is just something about him that I don't like at the same time...
I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.

Hawesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin is pretty good, but Bill Hicks and Doug Stanhope are better in my opinion...
I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.

“Why So Serious...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.
I guess that's kinda it... I found him funny, he's just a little too bitter (and I'm better and smarter than you) and that shows in his comedy... his material is good, his delivery just kinda turns me off...
Hmm

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>I watched Carlin starting on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson staring in the 1960's. He was also on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Show a lot. Even though he was an extremely intelligent man, and spoke on topics of the day, I never found him funny on any level, just a bitter, sarcastic man. To each his own.
You really are old. You're not alone. I'm probably not too far behind.

“Why So Serious...”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

kristilou wrote:
<quoted text> I've never heard of those, I'll check them out.
If you find most of my post humorous you will like them...

Hawesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you find most of my post humorous you will like them...
yea, i think u are hillarious, i know you are very very young but did u ever watch sam kinnison? I thought he was funny, however the guilt of going to hell if u laughed too hard was overwhelming.
Wet Willie

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

whothehellcares- wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's kinda it... I found him funny, he's just a little too bitter (and I'm better and smarter than you) and that shows in his comedy... his material is good, his delivery just kinda turns me off...
Carlin got fired in Vegas for degrading the audience, and the people he worked for, during his act. He bit the hand that fed him. He basically went into a tirade saying that he was too good to play there for those people. He went away for alcoholism and prescription drug abuse shortly after.

As far as Sam Kinison goes, he was funny in small doses. His act would get old quick to me. I like comedians like Chris Farley, John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, and Richard Pryor. There was a lot of physical comedy in the routines.

Hawesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Wet Willie wrote:
<quoted text>Carlin got fired in Vegas for degrading the audience, and the people he worked for, during his act. He bit the hand that fed him. He basically went into a tirade saying that he was too good to play there for those people. He went away for alcoholism and prescription drug abuse shortly after.
As far as Sam Kinison goes, he was funny in small doses. His act would get old quick to me. I like comedians like Chris Farley, John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, and Richard Pryor. There was a lot of physical comedy in the routines.
awww those are good too.
David

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

I like Carlin in the late 60's with his WINO gig but he ended up a filth mouth like most all of he other comdians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greeneville News, Events & Info