|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Source - Washington Times

The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.

Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.

In the internal email, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown said he asked if he could try to spread out the sequester cuts in his region to minimize the impact, and he said he was told not to do anything that would lessen the dire impacts Congress had been warned of.

“We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be,” Mr. Brown, in the internal email, said his superiors told him.
raylan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

look on youtube at donald rumsfeld speech on 9\10\01.*wheres the 2.3trillion that we lost somewhere
Greene Guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

let me rephrase this ..Obama has also sent them over a billion dollars of free military hardware. At taxpayer expense .....

Since: Jan 13

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Greene Guy wrote:
Source - Washington Times
The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.
Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.
In the internal email, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown said he asked if he could try to spread out the sequester cuts in his region to minimize the impact, and he said he was told not to do anything that would lessen the dire impacts Congress had been warned of.
“We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be,” Mr. Brown, in the internal email, said his superiors told him.
See my commentary on this source on another thread. Congrats on the old comparison of apples (domestic spending) with bananas (foreign aid) trick. Also note the POTUS did not GIVE any foreign aid to any particular country--it is BUDGETED through CONGRESS! Here, spammer!
Greene Guy

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Kohlrabi wrote:
<quoted text>See my commentary on this source on another thread. Congrats on the old comparison of apples (domestic spending) with bananas (foreign aid) trick. Also note the POTUS did not GIVE any foreign aid to any particular country--it is BUDGETED through CONGRESS! Here, spammer!
I guess your mind fails you .... there has not been a budget since Obama took office ...... democrats refused to submit one so they could spend like drunken saylors. Then finally.... when republicans took the house... they have submitted multiple budgets but harry reid refuses to let the senate vote on it. SO.... there has been NO budget going on 5 years now. Good try tho
Yup

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Greene Guy.....your current information once again is completely WRONG. May I suggest that you dig a little deeper in the well before constantly coming on here making a fool of yourself.
Greene Guy

Dallas, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Yup wrote:
Greene Guy.....your current information once again is completely WRONG. May I suggest that you dig a little deeper in the well before constantly coming on here making a fool of yourself.
So .... wher am I wrong?? A continuing resolution is NOT a budget .... it's just a pass to keep spending with nor constraints. Tell us where I am wrong??? We want to know

Since: Jan 13

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Greene Guy wrote:
<quoted text> I guess your mind fails you .... there has not been a budget since Obama took office ...... democrats refused to submit one so they could spend like drunken saylors. Then finally.... when republicans took the house... they have submitted multiple budgets but harry reid refuses to let the senate vote on it. SO.... there has been NO budget going on 5 years now. Good try tho
My mind, such as it is, sees the continuing resolutions, basically, as a budget. Technically you are correct. But funding is allocated as if there was a budget passed and, to my knowledge, Congress sets the allocation. White House issue still domestic; foreign aid another category of spending. Come on, spammer!
Active Duty Sailor

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Yup wrote:
I am currently active duty military, and I would actually have to COMPLETELY agree with greene guy. We are currently under something called a continuing resolution, which is not a budget. It's a basic spending policy in lieu of an actual signed budget. It is the last fiscal years' budget -6%, which in today's world, just can't hold up for very long. You're taking away 6% from the PAST years' budget, and when facing inflation, skyrocketing fuel prices (as always), and a plethora of other rising prices, it is actually hurting our military and the DoD as a whole. For instance, the Navy is cancelling underways, taking away Tuition Assistance, which mind you is my only way to get an actual education without spending my GI bill which I've earned through my service (and is barely enough for a BA), and many other things that are allocated for the use of DoD personnel, specifically active duty military. So, excuse me if I come off rude, but you sir are sadly mistaken, Yup. Not to mention the fact that deployments are now on the line because of this lack of budget, and as stated in above posts, this is allowing congress to spend tax dollars on whatever it is they deem necessary, or in some people's words, it's allowing them to spend like "Drunken Sailors". While that saying is comical, at least when I'm spending my money, I'm spending MY money, not everyone elses. Plus, a lot of our tax dollars have been going to international affairs, cough - EGYPT - cough.
Active Duty Sailor

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Greene Guy wrote:
<quoted text>So .... wher am I wrong?? A continuing resolution is NOT a budget .... it's just a pass to keep spending with nor constraints. Tell us where I am wrong??? We want to know
And to add to my last post, where do you think that extra 6% is going?!

WHEREVER THEY WANT IT TO.
Just Me

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

I don't understand why the government gives any country our money. Democrat, Republican, Tea Party, Free Party, White Party , Black Party, whatever.

I could care less about these other countries, it's our tax money, it should go to help Americans and no one else and America needs a lot of help.
Hello

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

That didn't stop the Republicans from tripling the deficit and sending the same amounts of money to foreign countries.

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Active Duty Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I am currently active duty military, and I would actually have to COMPLETELY agree with greene guy. We are currently under something called a continuing resolution, which is not a budget. It's a basic spending policy in lieu of an actual signed budget. It is the last fiscal years' budget -6%, which in today's world, just can't hold up for very long. You're taking away 6% from the PAST years' budget, and when facing inflation, skyrocketing fuel prices (as always), and a plethora of other rising prices, it is actually hurting our military and the DoD as a whole. For instance, the Navy is cancelling underways, taking away Tuition Assistance, which mind you is my only way to get an actual education without spending my GI bill which I've earned through my service (and is barely enough for a BA), and many other things that are allocated for the use of DoD personnel, specifically active duty military. So, excuse me if I come off rude, but you sir are sadly mistaken, Yup. Not to mention the fact that deployments are now on the line because of this lack of budget, and as stated in above posts, this is allowing congress to spend tax dollars on whatever it is they deem necessary, or in some people's words, it's allowing them to spend like "Drunken Sailors". While that saying is comical, at least when I'm spending my money, I'm spending MY money, not everyone elses. Plus, a lot of our tax dollars have been going to international affairs, cough - EGYPT - cough.
You are exactly right and that dumb-ass bunch of fools led by King Fool Obama is sending money to Pakistan for higher education, but not to ya'll. It is pathetic. I am so sorry that you have to serve under that grifter in the WH and the morons in D.C. running the country.
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

You mean like how the dumbass Republicans crashed the economy in 2008 BEFORE Obama was elected? Or do you mean how Bush had 4500 of our men and women killed for nothing?

“Read all about it!”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Hello wrote:
You mean like how the dumbass Republicans crashed the economy in 2008 BEFORE Obama was elected? Or do you mean how Bush had 4500 of our men and women killed for nothing?
Even if you really want to blame Bush for everything you libs lay at his feet, you have to admit that Obama has done NOTHING to improve our (meaning the USA's) situation.. if anything it's worse. And, it is YOUR opinion that our service members were killed for nothing. I disagree.
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Within his first week, he signed an Executive Order ordering an audit of government contracts, and combating waste and abuse. http://1.usa.gov/dUvbu5
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Created the post of Chief Performance Officer, whose job it is to make operations more efficient to save the federal government money. http://n.pr/hcgBn1
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

On his first full day, he froze White House salaries. http://on.msnbc.com/ewJUIx
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

He appointed the first Federal Chief Information Officer to oversee federal IT spending. http://www.cio.gov
Hello

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

He committed to phasing out unnecessary and outdated weapons systems. To that end, he also signed the Democratic-sponsored Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act, which attempted to put a stop to waste, fraud and abuse in the defense procurement and contracting system. http://bit.ly/hOw1t1 http://bit.ly/fz8GAd

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

110 Users are viewing the Greeneville Forum right now

Search the Greeneville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blame OBAMA for the economy improvements state ... 4 min OBAMAwatch 1
Fall out from meeting... 5 min laughable drama 8
Burns does a he pleases 6 min Arrested mug shots 18
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min Bayless 140,659
Applause Greeneville you are famous 9 min Your BS 18
property tax increase 14 min voter 16
JUDGE BURNS Judge on deputies actions 21 min Sharing KICKbacks 5
Eddie Overholt, Elderly Veteran, Arrested For A... 45 min samuel 22
Lost respect for GPD 1 hr Teddy Lawing 14
Congratulations Broyles you are making nationwi... 1 hr forsure 26
Mayor loses his cool in meeting lol 14 hr Sunshine 124
76 Year Old Veteran Arrested for Asking Public ... 16 hr South Greene Resident 179
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greeneville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greeneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••