First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just me

Madison, TN

#23 Nov 2, 2012
What child says, "I want to be an addict when I grow up!"? Addiction is a disease that cannot be understood by someone that is not an addict just as someone that has never had cancer can understand what is like to have it. I'm not saying to enable the addict to remain sick but how about some compassion because this is a sick person?
Always been clean

Jonesborough, TN

#24 Nov 2, 2012
Just me wrote:
What child says, "I want to be an addict when I grow up!"? Addiction is a disease that cannot be understood by someone that is not an addict just as someone that has never had cancer can understand what is like to have it. I'm not saying to enable the addict to remain sick but how about some compassion because this is a sick person?
Sick people take treatment, no? Rehab is probably one of the best courses of treatment and constant counseling, am I right? I can agree these people are sick. So get help, quit with the "I'm so pathetic" wah wah wah. It just kills me the extent these people go to keep justifying their habits like the world owes them something. You get over your pity party and you're on the right track. And I never said anything about people looking to get hooked, I'm sure these people new to their new baby of addiction were well aware to the adverse effects of popping some pills to have a good time...the only problem I see is too much of this 60`s hippy crap feeling sorry and giving more of an ok to continue bad habits that leads to the sick further having an excuse to not seek proper treatment
Mother

Duncan, SC

#25 Nov 3, 2012
My family is ripped apart with these drugs . I'm so sick someone is going to knock on my door and say my son has died . People who have addictions are bipolar and depressed . Some see they have no problem. I'm sitting here another sleepless night can't sleep, eat . Please pray for my son .
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#26 Nov 3, 2012
Send them to rehab, within a week of release, probably 98% are back on drugs. Rehabs are a waist of time and money. You have to want to quit. Rehab comes from within. I agree with always been clean. Most of these junkies have a mom that just gives them pity. You got to have tough love. Instead of sending them to a rehab, how about sending them to an employment office. Damn thieves!
Local addict

Chattanooga, TN

#27 Nov 3, 2012
These threads never fail to amaze me. So many people passing judgement about something they know nothing about. I'm a recovering addict myself. I didn't need to rob or steal, as I could afford my habit. When my addiction threatened my marriage I finally sought help using suboxone. The first sub feels similar to a roxi, but following that they just strongly curb your need for opiates. They made me feel normal. It wasn't the easiest thing I've done, but within five months I was off the suboxone and clean. The last reduction was the hardest, but probably a mental thing. I've been sober for 31 months now and it's still a struggle. Worth it though getting off the pills.
Hmm

Jonesborough, TN

#29 Nov 3, 2012
I'm not passing judgement on something I know nothing about. I use to like cocaine years ago, before the mexicans screwed it all up. Thank God that they did.I could afford my habit also. I don't consider myself an addict. Just a dumbass in those days. Never stole or never will. I'm not going to take up for the addicts. Personally I don't think it's a sickness. I think it is a mental thing. You can control your mind, but also your mind can control you. Whichever is the strongest, you, or your mind. Don't ever think just because I disagree with you, that you are right. You are no more of an expert on this subject than I am. I personally don't think you get over a drug by taking another drug. If you want to quit something, quit it. Quitting may not be easy, but it is always possible!
oscar

Church Hill, VA

#30 Nov 5, 2012
Addiction is a symptom of a mental illness such as depression, anxiety, or Post tramatic stress disorder, I think. Just trying to self medicate.
__we not-safe__

Nashville, TN

#31 Nov 5, 2012
NO DRUGS ARE SAFE,WHAT EVER THE DRUG. This means anything pills, drinking,Coffee,the perfic life. You get what i'am saying.
theInquisitor

Powell, TN

#32 Dec 25, 2013
Does anyone know what the business hours are for Recovery Accociates in Mosheim tomorrow, Thursday December 26?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greeneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
employment drug screen 1 hr 420princess 3
reap what you sow 1 hr The real really 15
jobs that pay more than 10 an hour 2 hr jobs for everybody 2
Staff Pro Hiring? 2 hr Good job adults 7
Play "end of the word" game (Aug '11) 2 hr Julie 87
Trump running scared 2 hr getusome 14
constable wayne shelton (Jul '14) 3 hr poopey pants 33

Greeneville Jobs

Personal Finance

Greeneville Mortgages